Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders @FortBrookie game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am heading down for this game (Public Holiday weekend in QLD), hate seeing them lose at home so FINGERS CROSSED!!

That's a big bench.
Carrying 4 forwards on the bench that play limited minutes a danger sign if heaven forbid someone goes down injured early in the game.
Lussick or Nood to drop down just in case that happened and Harrison in.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I am heading down for this game (Public Holiday weekend in QLD), hate seeing them lose at home so FINGERS CROSSED!!

Mark, I hope you are coming to The Leagues before and after the game to catch up with everyone.

Aside from T-Rex and younger Foran, our best side this year I'd have thought?

Lussick to stay on bench gets my vote. He needs the mileage.

Yes I'll be there pre game (11.30-12.30) and then after the game.

The Club is very generously hosting the WCC Tourists to a reunion on the day, so I won't be "on the hill", and will be attending a lunch pror to the game then enjoying the fun of seeing us thrash the Raiders (I hope anyway!!!)

Post game might be the best come up and say G'Day!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

The Club is very generously hosting the WCC Tourists to a reunion on the day, so I won't be "on the hill", and will be attending a lunch pror to the game then enjoying the fun of seeing us thrash the Raiders (I hope anyway!!!)

Yeah, I note the 2009 tourists get squat!!!!!

Just out of interest for those attending - the roof structure is on on the new north west stand.

Wonder if it will be named after Cliffy :angel:

So great to get a Sunday game at Brookie - early 2pm start People.

Go Manly!

Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

It's a little different...the new COO had a lot to do with the tourists and their involvment with the players on the 2012 tour.

In 2012 the tour was the "official tour", in 2009 it was the "unofficial" tour, the club (then) didn't actually do anything (at all), and in fact the only player access the 09 tourists got was after the win and only then as there were some Dad's on the trip.

Grant Mayer was in charge in 2009, and never really saw the "value" that the MWTS brought to the table, so whilst he was tolerent of us doing what we do, todays relationship is far different.

Dave Perry has a whole different opinion.

The 2009 tourists will always be "special" (and they know that), the pioneers of the offshore tours, and to a man (or woman) they'll all say that they had a ball.

This reunion (for the 2012 trip) is a 'thank you" from the club to those that travelled over this year, as simple as that!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

It's a little different...the new COO had a lot to do with the tourists and their involvment with the players on the 2012 tour.

In 2012 the tour was the "official tour", in 2009 it was the "unofficial" tour, the club (then) didn't actually do anything (at all), and in fact the only player access the 09 tourists got was after the win and only then as there were some Dad's on the trip.

Grant Mayer was in charge in 2009, and never really saw the "value" that the MWTS brought to the table, so whilst he was tolerent of us doing what we do, todays relationship is far different.

The 2009 tourists will always be "special" (and they know that), the pioneers of the offshore tours, and to a man (or woman) they'll all say that they had a ball.

This reunion (for the 2012 trip) is a 'thank you" from the club to those that travelled over this year, as simple as that!!

Blah Blah Blah, the least the club could have done is communicated with the 2009 group. They were involved, Aaron Markie was the tour group leader as an employee of the club. I guess it would have been different Mark if you had been a 2009 tourist.

Poor form from the club on this one mate.

A bit rough Ralphie, I for a start had nothing to do with the invite, and yes I didn't personally make the 2009 tour but this is nothing to do with the 2009 tour. Maybe you blame Grant Mayer for not hosting something in 2009 but not the new COO who had nada to do with 2009.

As is always the case I put on an end of year get together for everyone, and the 2009 / 2012 and in fact every MWTS person is invited.

It's a nice gesture of the club and shows that the MWTS is starting to become important.

Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Blah Blah Blah, the least the club could have done is communicated with the 2009 group. They were involved, Aaron Markie was the tour group leader as an employee of the club. I guess it would have been different Mark if you had been a 2009 tourist.

You paid for what you got in 2009. Whinging that you don't get a bonus 3 years later is ridiculous.

Maybe the people who went in 1988 or 1987, whenever they played the WCC should be having a sook too that they haven't got a bait to the 2012 reunion.

Stop being a Debbie Downer.

Mark from Brisbane said:
A bit rough Ralphie, I for a start had nothing to do with the invite, and yes I didn't personally make the 2009 tour but this is nothing to do with the 2009 tour. Maybe you blame Grant Mayer for not hosting something in 2009 but not the new COO who had nada to do with 2009.

As is always the case I put on an end of year get together for everyone, and the 2009 / 2012 and in fact every MWTS person is invited.

It's a nice gesture of the club and shows that the MWTS is starting to become important.

It's all good Mark, I don't blame you, but the club should have realised that this might piss off a few of us 2009 tourists and a number of them have expressed that to me. I'm not looking for an invite to be honest, I just think it's bad form the club couldn't see their way clear to explain this to us with a simple email. They know who we are and they have our contact details.

There wasn't that many of us that a simple email to say hey, please don't be offended but we are doing this for these reasons, but as usual and as is my only criticism of this great club, their communications with their loyal fans is totally ****ed up.

I'm not even sure which of the. 2009 tourists you are Ralphie, perhaps if you PM me I could sort it out with the the club. Would also like to know which of the 09 guys are pissed off, I keep in touch with most and have not had a single email from any of them re this. There's a few of them having a bit if a laugh on our Facebook page but not one is saying what you are. As you know I like " happy people" and to be honest would even give up my invite if it made someone else happier.

Volley said:
Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

You paid for what you got in 2009. Whinging that you don't get a bonus 3 years later is ridiculous.

Maybe the people who went in 1988 or 1987, whenever they played the WCC should be having a sook too that they haven't got a bait to the 2012 reunion.

Stop being a Debbie Downer.

Yeah i agree

It's like saying 'hey i was a member in 2008 but not this year why don't i get a travel mug and keyring this year?'

Makes no sense

Also you need to be aware that Dave Perry personally met each of the 2012 members, he wasn't around in 2009

Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

It's all good Mark, I don't blame you, but the club should have realised that this might piss off a few of us 2009 tourists and a number of them have expressed that to me. I'm not looking for an invite to be honest, I just think it's bad form the club couldn't see their way clear to explain this to us with a simple email. They know who we are and they have our contact details.

There wasn't that many of us that a simple email to say hey, please don't be offended but we are doing this for these reasons, but as usual and as is my only criticism of this great club, their communications with their loyal fans is totally f***ed up.

Get a life Ralphie.I was a 2009 WCCer.I couldnt care less.Good luck to the other guys for getting a few free brews and some sangers and sausage rolls.Not very often the club gives the average joe blow anything.It's not Mark's fault,nor yours,nor mine.They invited the 2012 tourists,plain and simple.Its like sponsors and other sbig wigs get invites every week.You dont jump up and down about lack of communication in that instance.I am happy I went in 2009 and met great people,all of whom are friends today.Lets be happy we are Manly supporters,and not supporting some other scummy lot of idiots!

Hey Ralphie.... I went this year but not in 2009. I'd happily swap my invite to the suite this Sunday for a win in the WCC. At least you got to see Manly win. As much fun as we had on tour, It was a long way to go to watch them lose.

They should host a silvertails party. I'll await the invites haha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4