Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders @FortBrookie game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders BROOKVALE Oval Sunday 6th May 2pm

The Adjudicator says: "After getting up to stick it to their old mentor Dessie, the Sea Eagles will have to be careful not to get too comfortable on returning to their favourite stomping ground. Wait ... who am I kidding? The Sea Eagles at Brookvale on a Sunday afternoon are bigger bankers than a customary Tigers second-half meltdown. The Stewarts are back to wreak havoc on the edges and when T-Rex and Kieran Foran return, look out. Canberra are no strangers to the injury ward themselves but were still disappointing against the Sharks. Josh Dugan gets a chance to out-point fellow Blues hopeful Brett Stewart, while inexperienced halves pairing Sam Williams and Josh McCrone go head-to-head with one of the best youngsters in the business in Daly Cherry-Evans. David Furner will be praying for some respite but I don't think they know the definition of mercy in Manly.

The Adjudicator's verdict: "Perhaps Canberra can find a way to breach the walls of fortress Brookvale? Followers, tell me what you think."

Wouldn't it be nice if we rocked up on Sunday and found those blank flag poles flying with flags depicting the Sea Eagles as Premiers 2011?

Create a great atmosphere at every home game - maybe go up on the Thursday or Friday before the game, and take down the day after.

I wouldn't mind if 2 of the poles had the away team's logo as well. It is all about making the game bigger isn't it?

Dont forget to jump over to http://app.playup.com to live chat during the game. We have a room setup again and we expect plenty of ongoing chat

Kieran has ruled himself out of #NRLManCan, but Tooves says Liam's been doing a great job and will fill in again this w/e #gomanly #Foz4Foz

Referees: Jared Maxwell and Tony De Las Heras; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Clayton Sharpe; Video Referee: Bernard Sutton

Under Maxwell won 13 lost 9
& Tony De Las Heras won 7 lost 3

| TEAM NEWS |
Darcy Lussick returns on the bench following his one week suspension. Jamie Buhrer has been named in the starting side, replacing Daniel Harrison who is 18th man. George Rose has been rewarded for his efforts against the Bulldogs with a spot on the bench.
| ROUND 8 TEAM LIST |
1. Brett STEWART
2. Jorge TAUFUA
3. Jamie LYON (c)
4. Steve MATAI
5. David WILLIAMS
6. Liam FORAN
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS
8. Jason KING (c)
9. Matt BALLIN
10. Brent KITE
11. Anthony WATMOUGH
12. Jamie BUHRER
13. Glenn STEWART
Bench
14. Vic MAURO
15. Joe GALUVAO
16. Darcy LUSSICK
17. George ROSE
18. Daniel HARRISON
Coach: Geoff Toovey

Yeah, i don't think Lussick should be in front of the others that are on the bench. Unless Joe is injured?

Rose might have enjoyed the limelight from his efforts on Friday but IMO Joe was just as effective in inspiring the other forwards. Both of them deserved much credit for that win.

If Joe is left out after being sidelined 2 mins into the second half last week, Im going to be disturbed.

What? Joe isnt going to be dropped.

Disappointing that Keiran isnt back again, our left side attack looks dysfunctional without him.

Dropping Joe would be insane, week in week out one of our best

Daniel said:
Dropping Joe would be insane, week in week out one of our best

I could see the sense in resting Joe for a week every couple of rounds, given his injury issues. Better to spell him early on & have him fit for the finals rather than run the wheels off of him early in the season.

No idea if his injury is still bothering him that much though.

Joe played small but effective minutes last week. No need for a rest.
Lussick will find his form only through playing in first grade.
Harrison to drop off.

How certain are we of Dave Williams? Might Oldy be on standby?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6