Sea Eagles v Broncos GF qualifier News teams & Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
dowdz said:
Will the withdraw of Lockyer make the Broncos more determined to win? The lets do it for Locky attitude. Might be a tough one.

i'm sure they will try it, but i'd think that there would be a few younger players whose nerves would of tripled by the news of his withdrawal. It may even add more pressure onto the senior players needing to step up, but honestly, its a shame to say; but we have to wait until friday to find out :( haha

im that nervous, have been constantly been giving it to every broncos fan i know (and i know plenty as i live near brisbane) so i reallyyyy hope it doesn't backfire because i will keep copping it until the next time manly make a GF!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brisbane has won just 9 of 36 matches without Lockyer over past five years
Thats the positive stuff we want to read on this forum , and not any negative crap

Darren Lockyer is training with his teammates at SFS this morning. No suggestion he is playing though. yfrog.com/mnhgxzj

What is stopping Lockyer playing?Is there a chance that it was all a hoax? The whole thing has been fairly weird from the start. Am I just paranoid and should have I posted this in the conspiracy theory section?

Sydney Football Stadium, Friday 7.45pm (AEST)
Last meeting: Round 26 2011 - Broncos 18 bt Sea Eagles 10 at Suncorp Stadium
Referees: Shayne Hayne, Jared Maxwell
TV: Live, Channel 9
TAB Sportsbet: Sea Eagles $1.40 Broncos $3.00

Greg Prichard writes: The withdrawal of Darren Lockyer is obviously a huge blow to the Broncos. Statistics going back many years paint a sorry picture for the club in terms of their record without the superstar five-eighth. But they have got to get on with the job now, and power forward Sam Thaiday's return from suspension is crucial to their chances. Big Sammy needs to deliver a huge performance to help inspire the younger, less-experienced players in the side to believe the Broncos can get the job done without their veteran leader.

The Sea Eagles will be making just their second appearance of the finals series. They were awarded week two off after being one of the two highest-ranked winners in week one. The Cowboys led them 8-0 at halftime, but the Sea Eagles registered a whopping 42 unanswered points in the second half. The Broncos thrashed the Warriors and then prevailed in extra time over the Dragons. The Sea Eagles are deservedly hot favourites with Lockyer out. They have got arguably the best backline in the competition, and a forward pack that will work extra hard to gain an advantage.

Peter Wallace's kicking game is crucial for the Broncos. Photo: Getty Images

AAP writes: All the pre-match hype has followed one player - injured Broncos skipper Darren Lockyer - who will not even take the field, but this is a showdown of two very powerful outfits. Lockyer's injury has taken the media glare off his young team, and also overshadowed the return of intimidating back-rower Sam Thaiday to an impressive Brisbane pack. Brisbane enter this clash in impressive form having won eight on the trot and, while much of that success is down to Lockyer, they've also built it around a brilliant young backline who are being given plenty of space by bruising forwards Josh McGuire, Ben Hannant and Thaiday. Manly will be fresh having enjoyed the week off, but will again be without their inspirational lock forward Glenn Stewart through suspension. Look for captain Jamie Lyon and Brett Stewart to chime into the attack to take pressure off young halves duo Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.

Key: For Brisbane to have any chance, they'll need halfback Peter Wallace to step up in a big way. If his kicking game is off-target at all, Manly will pounce and apply plenty of pressure.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-preview/manly-sea-eagles-v-brisbane-broncos-20110922-1kn2r.html#ixzz1YjGH8HES

How slloooooooowwwwww is this day going. Cant concentrate, NERVOUS as all get out. Still got 5 hours till I can even think about leaving work. Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This won't be such a hard loss to take since we have such a strong, young, exciting roster who I though would never make it this far.

We will make the finals for many more years to come.

Apparently don't write Locky off yet. My mail is he might be coming off the bench. No idea how true it is.

Did you see Locky when he was at training & he fell over. He grabbed his cheek straight away & his team mate came over to him. There wasnt even contact for him to fall. He would be mad to play. But I hope he does because if he gets tackled or falls again the whole team will run in to see if he is okay. Im so sick of this locky circus. Why cant we just focus on the damn game. If he plays he plays. Who cares we will win either way!

Locky is hoping that his team will make the GF so he'd have to keep on training every day to keep his fitness and the team cohesion around their main man. He'd obviously be giving Gillett and others filling his role plenty of tips and knows his presence is good for their morale.

However there is still the chance that come this afternoon they will pull the swifty and announce Locky in the team for tonight.....

Does anyone know when the teams get announced/listed for the game?

Well im about to make the trek out to the SFS from out west.
Manly jersey - check
Entry ticket - check
Chanting and screaming voice - Check

See you all out there and Go Manly!!!

Well we just saw Whare and Oldfield in Fox studios

Manly came on the field to warm up and there was an eruption

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8