Sea Eagles Support in Bermagui NSW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
I thought I would share this.

I have just come back from a long weekend fishing trip down at Bermagui NSW over the long weekend and I was totally blown away by the amount of people that were supporting the Sea Eagles at the local country club on Saturday night. I saw a few people wearing Manly football jumpers walking around town and it appears the majority were in the club Saturday night doing the same thing as me watching the game and being vocal.

I was wondering if anyone else from silvertails was down in Bermagui over the weekend?

Well done to the crowd that went to the game, it looked miserable out there on the night but the result should have changed all that.

Best weekend I have had, great weather (no rain). Even better fishing, lots of tuna, snapper, bream and morwong. Manly smacking the cowgirls and even better I was able to give it to my best mate on Friday night with the Drag Queens chalking up a loss. The banter just went on all long weekend including the drive home. :argue: :argue: :D :p

I would be in on that, fishing by day, support the sea eagles by night. Although you would freeze the proverbial titts/nads off at night down there.

Isn't it funny that when a team is doing well, so many supporters come out with many wearing the Club's colours/ apparral.

When St Chokers started to win and actually won after 31 years of losses, I nearly died with the amount of napthalene or moth-balls in the air.

When I proudly wear my Manly gear, which is quite regularly, the number of people say "Oh... good team, mate!" is amazing.

It's good that a little town like Bermagui has so many Manly supporters. Tis a shame few of those supporters have ever heard of Silvertails.net or even join the Club as a supporter.... but it's good to have them on board.

Don't be so sure they were Manly supporters. I was a little further down the coast last week at Tathra and I saw Manly colours everywhere only to find that the local footy team was the Tathra Sea Eagles.

Ralphie, the jersey I saw as I was casting off from the wharf had Quantum on the front, as for the others you could be right about Tathra.

Still it was good to hear other supporters in the sports club cheering.

lismore_fan, true about supporters only coming out when they win, i.e. my drag queens mate. I was sure to let him know that come next year once Bennett is gone they will be waiting another 30 years before they win anything else.

Lismore is right though, remember the 60,000 at ANZ in October 2008, 40,000 of them went into hiding in 2009-2010 but are back out again now.

Fair weather fans.

But well done to the supporters in Bermagui, hope they find Silvertails and then add "I'm a member" to their acount.

BY the way One Eyed...there's another perosn with your same moniker on here..he just has spaces between the words......so everyone don;t get confused!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6