Sea Eagles statement after ASADA meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
manlyfan76 said:
This thread is the most off topic I have ever seen, but it is still here. Can the mods explain why? And can they be unbiased and balanced when they do? I keep clicking on it because I am interested in what the title suggests will be talked about in the thread but I get sucked in to its dribble and point scoring.

And miss your insights on aquarium life? No way is this one going!

Napper said:
Now i know how the citizens of China and PRK feel.

Don't pussy foot around. Push forward until you get to Goodwin's law. I know you want to. :p

Don't be silly, Der Führer :p

ManlyBacker said:
Don't pussy foot around. Push forward until you get to Goodwin's law. I know you want to. :p

Pffft, that's something Hitler would say.

Damn...beaten to it

The odd thing here is that no thread has been closed, no debate has been stifled, no free speech has been denied.

All that has happened is that one discussion was moved to a different forum. It is still there and anyone can still comment.

Rebels without a cause :argue: :huh:

sardine.gif

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The odd thing here is that no thread has been closed, no debate has been stifled, no free speech has been denied.

All that has happened is that one discussion was moved to a different forum. It is still there and anyone can still comment.

Rebels without a cause :argue: :huh:

Shhh!! You're making it sound like everything is ok!!

Napper said:
Someone start a ST revolution. The moderators have dictated our every move for long enough. It is time to take a stand. Swear if you wish, post about cricket and gardening in the RL forum, if your thread gets moved, make another. We will not be stopped!!
Some religious zealots would go very nicely alongside the political ones.

Manly Sea Eagles in talks with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority

Jon Geddes•
Manly Daily •
February 20, 2013

Officials from ASADA are due to speak to Sea Eagles players this week in the wake of the damaging allegations about illegal drug use.

OFFICIALS from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority are due to speak to Sea Eagles players this week in the wake of the damaging allegations about illegal drug use in Australian sport.

ASADA representatives are visiting NRL clubs providing players with a clearer picture of the processes involved.

Yesterday it is believed they were due to address the Penrith Panthers players.

No specific allegations about wrongdoing have been made about any clubs or individuals despite an extraordinary press conference with federal Sports Minister Kate Lundy and Justice Minister Jason Clair front and centre on what was described as "the blackest day in sport."

The Sea Eagles were dragged into the discussion due to their previous involvement with sports scientist Stephen Dank, who worked had worked with the club when Des Hasler was coach.

Current coach Geoff Toovey said yesterday the situation had not affected the team's preparation for the season-opener against the Broncos on March 8 at Suncorp Stadium.

"It's not a distraction for us we're pretty positive about everything," he said.

Toovey revealed the Sea Eagles will field a near full-strength side for their season opener against the Broncos.

Star back-rower Glenn Stewart will miss the first six games games due to a knee injury while Toovey said co-captain Jason King was also in some doubt as he recovers from off-season shoulder surgery.

Toovey was speaking as the Sea Eagles had their first training run on the state-of-the-art synthetic pitch that was recently installed at Narrabeen Sports High School.

"The facilities are fantastic and we are hoping we will be able to us from time to time when the conditions at our ground at Narrabeen aren't suitable particularly in the wet weather," he said.

"And it's another opportunity for us to spread the word through the community."

It was a lively 90-minute skills session with the players in an upbeat mood.

Several key personnel including Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran and Brent Kite were not at the present but will be ready to take on Brisbane.

Anthony Watmough suffered bruised ribs early in last Saturday's trial against the Roosters but Toovey has no concerns about his fitness for the first game.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/manly-sea-eagles-in-talks-with-the-australian-sports-anti-doping-authority/story-fngr8hax-1226581660317

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2