Sea Eagles statement after ASADA meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
3581jsl.jpg

Just on Fox Sports news scroll/alert that all Manly players have been tested and no banned substances found (sorry if mentioned elsewhere)

Well this is some good news.

Id like to say now that the media will get off manly's back, but that aint going to happen.

Let me play devils advocate here. Look at the wording - "No players, past or present have TESTED positive to PERFORMANCE ENHANCING STIMULANTS".

They have talked about phone taps and also illicit drugs being involved. Who's to say they dont have phone confessions from players who have bought a bag of cocaine or pingers for a night out?

Manly is not in the clear yet, but its promising nonetheless.

Lord Eagleton said:
Let me play devils advocate here. Look at the wording - "No players, past or present have TESTED positive to PERFORMANCE ENHANCING STIMULANTS".

They have talked about phone taps and also illicit drugs being involved. Who's to say they dont have phone confessions from players who have bought a bag of cocaine or pingers for a night out?

I didn't want to burst bubbles either, but still to early to crack the bubbly.

Lord Eagleton said:
Who's to say they dont have phone confessions from players who have bought a bag of cocaine or pingers for a night out?

There is no law I know of that prescribes it an offence for you to state that you have broken a law.

Curtis johnstone from Norths NSW cup hasn't tested positive to illegal substancs either.

^^^Exactly. That souths kid got done for making claims via text that he had done peps. But never got tested and caught (obviously, being pep's)

It might not be prosecutable, but it would probably be enough to suggest a player has broken the rules of their contract and taken illicit drugs, thus they are suspended/punted.

Lord Eagleton said:
^^^Exactly. That souths kid got done for making claims via text that he had done peps. But never got tested and caught (obviously, being pep's)

It might not be prosecutable, but it would probably be enough to suggest a player has broken the rules of their contract and taken illicit drugs, thus they are suspended/punted.

If a player has that attitude then he deserves to sit out for two years and consider his actions.

Lord Eagleton said:

All I think is necessary is to point that Souths kid (or his legal representative) to the bolded & underlined bits.

Lord Eagleton said:

In the mid 2000s I knew a cop who had to listen to hours of phone taps on criminals and underworld figures day after day and he said so many celebraties and sporting figures were in these phone taps calling the crims for many reasons but mainly illegal party drugs. He said at the time the police had no interest in the "non criminals" they were after the big guys. The cop I knew had no reason to lie to me so I believe him. To me it is easy to believe that criminals have dealings with nrl players for the purpose of buying drugs. He never mentioned names.

Lord Eagleton said:

This worries me, we may be celebrating today but any celebrations may well be short lived.

Dan79 said:
Lord Eagleton said:

I didn't want to burst bubbles either, but still to early to crack the bubbly.

I agree we are not out of the woods yet. It mentioned in the "smellygraph" that our issue relates back to 2010 when Danks was last there. It also mentioned that they can only go back 2 years so hopefully 2008 is safe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6