Sea Eagles start mind games for finals bid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
At the start of each pre-season at Manly, Des Hasler would ask his strength and conditioning coach: ''Where are we going to take the men?''
The response from Don Singe would always be the same. ''To a very dark place. Wear a headlamp.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-start-mind-games-for-finals-bid-20120901-2575u.html#ixzz25GDwxhPb

an interesting read

" creating a dynasty" I love it. This club will never be satisfyed with anything but ultimate success. It's a culture that Des has created we must be thankful to him for that it's a culture that Tooves & Donny will continue, how awesome.

The winning culture was Manly's decades before the Son of Sam was given the honour of Coaching at our Club.

Listen to the Players from the 78,there has never been a 'darker place'.

The pain threshold of females was gifted to Matai and Choc by God that GF:angel:

Thank god we kept Donny Singe, no way we'd be where we are now without him. His drive is so infectious and it's clearly rubbed off on the team.

Great article. It sounds like on many levels the club's going in the right direction despite what's published about the boardroom.

..."Everyone is different. If everyone had to listen to AC/DC before they ran out, would people with a religious background perform at a high level? Probably not.''

What the? lol

....''They have been mentally tough before mentally tough came out as a word."

Tee hee.

..."This side has retained a nucleus of players that, potentially, could rewrite history.''

Oh please, let it be so.

Players, maintain the motivation! All the pain of a tough season evaporates when you get hands on the big prize!

Go Manly!!!

Good article. At the elite sporting level the physical abilities and skill sets are pretty much even across the board, it's the mental ability that wins the day. Being able to play through pain, being able to perform under pressure, and being able to deliver in the clutch, that's what seperates the great from the good.

To quote the great Rudyard Kipling (with some poetic licence in the last line)

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be Manly my son!

Hey C&C, Cooper Cronk has that poem on his website. Somebody put a link up to that site a few months ago. If have a look it will have you in stitches.
Great poem I agree and love the Manly touch. Cooper's website though is seriously funny.

If you can keep your head when all about you
are losing theirs....you'll be the tallest in the room.

Sorry C&C, just a lame joke I heard a looong time ago that I've been waiting to use (Might've even been on old Paul Hogan line)

I take your point though, mind is everything and both us and them seem to be looking after that department better than the rest at the moment. Should be a cracker of a game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4