Sea Eagles star Justin Horo given major overhaul and reaps rewards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
JUSTIN Horo is the NRL star who was rebuilt when he joined the Sea Eagles last season from Parramatta.
The restoration resulted in Horo becoming a key member of the Manly pack in 2013 and now the club's head strength and conditioning coach Don Singe says Horo will get even better this season.

"Justin recognised he had a bit of work to do with his posture and his hips and his legs" Singe said.

Sea Eagles physio Andre Rickenbach was able to design a fairly comprehensive and intense program for that and speed coach Rubin Ruzicka also worked extensively with Horo.

"They had to literally strip him down, adjust him and then teach him to run again" Singe said.

"And then we were able to get a lot more of the strength and power work that we are used to doing here."

"He's a great athlete anyway and he has really made very significant progress."

After all that work Singe says Horo will be even better, faster and stronger in 2014.

"And I believe he will have a lot more gas in his tank" he said.

Horo knows he has come a long since coach Geoff Toovey gave him an opportunity with the Sea Eagles.

"I'm about six or seven kilos heavier than I was when I came here last year" said Horo, who now tips the scales at 107kg.

"That was the goal when I got here, Donny wanted me to put on more weight."

He said he now has to try and maintain that through the season.

"I am obviously a lot more confident because of where my footy got to last year and I feel a little bit more confident with my role in the team" he said.

"I'm just going to try and build on that this year."

"Now I played a full season with the boys I want to make sure I can hold onto my spot and there are guys knocking right on the door."

"It's good competition at training every week and I'm continually getting pushed."

JUSTIN Horo is the NRL star who was rebuilt when he joined the Sea Eagles last season from Parramatta.
The restoration resulted in Horo becoming a key member of the Manly pack in 2013 and now the club's head strength and conditioning coach Don Singe says Horo will get even better this season.

"Justin recognised he had a bit of work to do with his posture and his hips and his legs" Singe said.

Read More

It reads a hell of a lot like the story after T-Rex got to Manly!!! Just in this case, I am far more confident in Horo being able to maintain his improvement, instead of fading in and out of matches/seasons.

Unlike T-Dog, at this time I have never called Horo lazy. He's always been a good player in my books, one Parra should never have gotten rid of.

I am amazed that an adult can have his running style changed. Would have thought that its wired in from the time we start to walk.

It would be fascinating to see these biomechanics guys at work - a short video on the MWSE site :idea:

Horo is not a sloth, he stood out for me, along with Hiku in the Trials, and both just got better :)

HappilyManly said:
I am amazed that an adult can have his running style changed. Would have thought that its wired in from the time we start to walk...
Yes interesting. With T Rex it seemed he often hesitated, maybe he was taking 5 seconds to remind himself to run in his remodelled style. Hopefully Horo is quicker between the ears.

Can't wait to see the new hips and legs of Horo. I'm expecting a taller version of Les Boyd. :D

It just illustrates how good Manly is at the off field bio mechanics and how we maintain the head of the class attitude. It's why we have been at the top for so long. Always at the fore front looking for that vital edge over the others. Manly is a very smart club.

*FYI this was posted by Happily manly, not sure why it did not come under her name, investigating now

HappilyManly said:
I am amazed that an adult can have his running style changed. Would have thought that its wired in from the time we start to walk.

It would be fascinating to see these biomechanics guys at work - a short video on the MWSE site :idea:

Horo is not a sloth, he stood out for me, along with Hiku in the Trials, and both just got better :)

I remember a similar story about TimTam Tahu when he went to the Waratahs, they were going to change his running style and turn him into some sort of rugby weapon........epic fail.

Dan said:
*FYI this was posted by Happily manly, not sure why it did not come under her name, investigating now

Relax, I just like to have all Manly relevant items in one place, don't care about the accreditation - unless there is a secret prize for number of threads posted :p

HappilyManly said:
Dan said:

Relax, I just like to have all Manly relevant items in one place, don't care about the accreditation - unless there is a secret prize for number of threads posted :p

If there was such a prize, I suspect MK Eagle would go close.

If Horo gets any better than last year I will be supremely impressed and he will be on the verge of rep duties

Hope it gives him some extra gas towards the back end of the season, marking the likes of SBW - http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/rlw/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4