Sea Eagles star defers decision on his future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles stalwart Jason King has deferred any decision on his playing future until the end of the season.

Read More

SEA Eagles stalwart Jason King has deferred any decision on his playing future until the end of the season.

The local junior who started his first grade NRL career with the now defunct N
jason-king-115x1151.jpg
orthern Eagles as a teenager 14 years ago wants to devote all his efforts to helping the club claim the premiership.

"I'm not thinking about that at this stage," King said when about his plans for 2015.

"I'll analyse that after the seasons done.

"I'm just concentrating on improving every week as an individual performance and also my contribution to the team."

Asked if it was the Sea Eagles or nowhere King replied: "I've played a lot of football here and really don't want to buy into any of the talk at this stage.

"I'll make a decision a few months down the track."

King has had a wretched run with injuries and only played four games last year before undergoing a shoulder reconstruction.

But after 10 months on the sideline he has made a gutsy return to again be a key figure in Manly's march towards the grand final.

He made a spectacular comeback in the round two game against Souths at Gosford when he inspired Manly to victory by standing up to the bullyboy tactics of Rabbitohs enforcer Sam Burgess.

King's immediate priority is ensuring his team gets back into the winning way against the Titans on the Gold Coast.

"I think it is going to be tough," King said.

"hey are going to be playing in front of their home crowd and they have had a change of coach

Coming up there is always a tough road trip so we are going to have to prepare well and definitely improve on our performance from last week (against Souths)."
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-star-jason-king-defers-decision-on-his-league-future/story-fngr8iii-1227024533308

We will have an emotional off season with so many of our Players to decide their future :s

Lets just hope we will be still high from another Premiership win :)

I can't believe that the Four Nations starts 3 weeks after the GF :dodgy:
No rest for the best as Sid, Foz, Jesse and Namis are certain starters for their countries :angel:

I can't imagine Kingy will want to go around again unless he is completely injury free in the offseason. If he spends another one having surgery he's going to be even further behind the 8 ball with regards his fitness levels. Been a great contributor for the club and deserves the best of send offs.

He needs to be tapped on the shoulder, Manly should've given him the boot at least 2 years ago. Complete waste of space.

Manly To Win! said:
He needs to be tapped on the shoulder, Manly should've given him the boot at least 2 years ago. Complete waste of space.

Not even the slightest bit funny!! Are you retarded or just another troll?

Manly To Win! said:

I don't know about waste of space (a bit harsh) but I agree he needs a tap on the shoulder. Imo I think its a bit selfish to defer his decision till the end of 2014.

Make no mistake he's been great for Manly but all good things must come to an end and that time has come for Kingy. If he doesn't realise that soon, then yes he needs a shoulder tap. It'll give some younger players a go.

Manly To Win! said:

OUCH That's bit harsh. For a Manly junior who gave his all for this club.

If we lose a few of the ones who are supposedly asking for releases, we may need Kingy's leadership.

An injury free offseason would help his cause.

It's time, we can't afford to put our front row stocks in another Gulavao or Fa'aoso.

We need to recruit another Starling or BJ.

Kingy has been one of the unsung heroes of the last decade. I think tht father time has caught up and hes missed too much football of late due to injury.

I hope he does retire as we have some great young front rowers on our books now.

bob dylan said:
It's time, we can't afford to put our front row stocks in another Gulavao or Fa'aoso.

Gulavao and Fa'aoso are exactly the type we could use for he next year or two, but not so easy to find though.
We have enough Starlings and youngsters, we need one or two experienced hard-heads to hold the fort while the youth ripens.

Of course not, but it's not always easy to predict who is going to break down.
Ritchie played the grand final for Storm the previous year and Joe gave us good value until last year.
Even young blokes get hurt, I think Trbjevic has missed half the season and he's only 19.

bob dylan said:

We don't need to recruit another Starling who takes time to wind up or a BJ who tends to be shuffling away from front on impact during a hit up by veering away or doing the hop skip and shuffle before the defensive line.

Both have their positives but we need straight hard explosiveness that hits the line straight or steps once and does not change direction after that.

It's not always about the general size of the forward we are lacking but the way they hit the defensive line with intent---mind you we lack both.

I mean the first hitup of the game against South's you see the fire in Brenton's face but then smart self preservation kicks in lol as he veers away from front on impact against the large Souths forwards honing in on him.

We are not going to bend the line with these type of runs, they have to be mixed up with straightness to provide the potential for penetration.

Obviously the Manly way is to play smarter with more skill and width taking more high risk ball playing options to generate go forward(which Manly can perform at lower risk than most teams due to our higher skill level)but there is always a need for straight hard explosive punch that keeps things simple and direct.

Technical Coach is right. Manly desperately need some hard/straight running forwards. We have only two players that run effectively with the necessary purpose of; gaining metres, gaining quick play the balls and high percentage,non-off loading mistake free plays. Sadly these two players aren't even forwards...Thank you Steve and Kieran for giving the team some balls. Dunamis and Jesse are probably our next best. You can have the best back line in the world but if your opponents are outrunning you by 20 metres per set you're forced to play low percentage football to make up the deficit. Todays game is all about field position. Which is why I cringe when I see someone like Jorge catch the ball, then look around to see where all 25 players are positioned, then check his laces, then work himself up to a jog, then hop over an invisible pile of dog muck, then sprint for a nano second, then back to a jog (meanwhile the defense has advanced to where the marker was standing), then turn starboard, running across the face of the defensive line ultimately making 2 or 3 bumbling metres, like a drunk fugitive set upon by an increasing number of taser happy Californian cops. (Stick that in your tweet hole.) Our forwards would make more yards running onto the ball at speed then diving at the feet of the would-be tackler (claiming they tripped to avoid penalties perhaps). If those legs aren't pumping hard at the moment of impact only two possible outcomes are available: a) You get pick up by 2 or 3 players and dumped on your lazy arse (Good for team morale and you'll really feel it in 10 to 20 years). b) You'll get stopped in your lazy arse tracks and held up by 2 or 3 players and driven back to where you caught the ball (Also great for team morale). Why bother having hit-ups at all? Just kick on the first and wait for a mistake...Don't get me started on our kick-chase. Why do they bother putting up a bomb if no one is even going to chase let alone contest the friking ball?
And what's with Horo on the bench? That superlative world famous left edge of ours only has 4 members in it. Why change the most potent quartet over the last 2 years NOW? Because he had a 4 week sabbatical?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6