Sea Eagles sign David Perry to new 3 year deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
David Perry appointed General Manager on 3 year deal

BREAKING NEWS: David Perry will take up the role of general manager of the Manly Sea Eagles on a three-year contract #NRL

https://twitter.com/#!/proshenks

RE: David Perry appointed General Manager on 3 year deal

Well thats a good thing i think. Perry has been good to manly.

Maybe Zorb has gone in to mend bridges and this is the result.
Maybe the rest of the Board decided to fix an impasse and signed Perry up so it is too expensive to remove him.
Maybe I don't know what I am talking about but it is fun speculating. :D

Is this a new role Perry is taking on in ADDITION to COO ? Because if it isnt GM isnt a step up.

David Perry will take on the role of general manager of the Manly Sea Eagles on a new three-year contract.
The new title is similar to the one given to Phil Gould, who recently became the supremo of the Penrith Panthers.
The move was ratified at a fiery board meeting at Manly Leagues Club last night, despite resistance from the Penn family directors, part-owners of the club. The motion was carried four votes to three.

Read the full article

I think it is perry good.

Apparently the Penn bloc voted against it which is a worry!

can a mod merge this into the news article please of the same name

4-3 again this will fire up Penn again no doubt. I think Perry is going good from a fans point of view.

The Penn camp announce the greek as Rick Penn's replacement which is then trumped by Perry's 3yr deal. Perry has been excellent. Good news.

Sea Eagles sign Perry to new deal

Adrian Proszenko
June 29, 2012 - 4:36PM Read later

David Perry will take on the role of general manager of the Manly Sea Eagles on a new three-year contract.

The new title is similar to the one given to Phil Gould, who recently became the supremo of the Penrith Panthers.

The move was ratified at a fiery board meeting at Manly Leagues Club last night, despite resistance from the Penn family directors, part-owners of the club. The motion was carried four votes to three.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Derided as a rookie CEO in some quarters, Perry helped guide the club to a premiership in his first year, retained the majority of the players who contributed to the feat and helped get the club back into the black off the field.

"Obviously the board have voted to renew the contract for David Perry, whose position will now be general manager of the club," said Quantum boss Phil Sidney, who is also the spokesperson for the board.

"The contract hasn't fully been signed off as yet, but the board has approved the contract in principle for another three years.

"We believe David has done an exceptional job since coming to the club, especially through some trying periods.

"In his time at the club he has helped to turn it around financially. We are now getting into a position where, in the coming year, it will operate profitably or in the break-even position without any propagation payments from the Leagues Club.

"He's had a lot of bad press but we're very proud of his achievements.

"He's been maligned as a rookie CEO - quite frankly, if anyone deserves a medal, it's him as rookie of the year."

It's understood that the three directors who voted against Perry extension were chairman Scott Penn, Peter Peters and Kerry Chrysiliou

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-sign-perry-to-new-deal-20120629-217k6.html#ixzz1zAIMBflP

He's NOT officially signed yet. Can someone please donate a pen that works.

Will be VERY interesting to see how this all plays out, it would seem the Penn block don't want him. I doubt we have heard the last of this.

What is the Penn's ****ing problem. Do they like having to pump money into the place every year to keep it afloat? It seems absurd.

Just let the guy do his job, which is to ultimately provide them a return on their investment into the club, and shut the **** up.

This is starting to do my head in!

You gotta get the money first. When you get the money you get the power, you get the power then you get the women.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6