Sea eagles set to ditch forwards!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Lawrence, Starling, Mateo and Burgess all set to be shown the door and not be re signed? In the latest rugby league week, the mole says bozo is set to dump those 4 forwards he classifies them as dead wood! We were close to signing cordner but he re signed.

Why get rid of Lawrence and starlo I think they are still worth keeping. But Lawrence is over 30 say maybe young thinking?

There isn't that many targets out there.

Tamou-Likely to be re signed
Moa-Wants to go to NZ plus he's 30
Klemmer-Likely to be re signed
Solomona-Wants to go play for All blacks
Gillett-Possible but Titans are chasing hard plus he will probably re signed
Jackson-Likely to be re signed
Lane-Isn't playing FG at Bulldogs and could be a good buy but is the des Hasler deal still on between he and bozo?
Rochow-We are chasing him but he isn't exactly a big name forward
Sims-Won't leave his brother
Williams-If des doesn't want him we should buy him would be a great impact player
Soliola-If he is cheap why not

There's the big options I guess but I think we going to need to target another half like Keary, Nikorima or Green. And should go after a centre maybe for when Matai retires at the end of 2017, buy a young centre give him a year in NSW cup to get ready or move Tom wright to centres. I don't know guys has bozo lost the plot getting rid of one our best forwards last week in Lawrence and a good solid player in starling. But burgess and Mateo can go to SL

Lawrence, Starling, Mateo and Burgess all set to be shown the door and not be re signed? In the latest rugby league week, the mole says bozo is set to dump those 4 forwards he classifies them as dead wood! We were close to signing cordner but he re signed.

Why get rid of Lawrence and starlo I think they are still worth keeping. But Lawrence is over 30 say maybe young thinking?

There isn't that many targets out there.

Tamou-Likely to be re signed
Moa-Wants to go to NZ plus he's 30
Klemmer-Likely to be re signed
Solomona-Wants to go play for All blacks
Gillett-Possible but Titans are chasing hard plus he will probably re signed
Jackson-Likely to be re signed
Lane-Isn't playing FG at Bulldogs and could be a good buy but is the des Hasler deal still on between he and bozo?
Rochow-We are chasing him but he isn't exactly a big name forward
Sims-Won't leave his brother
Williams-If des doesn't want him we should buy him would be a great impact player
Soliola-If he is cheap why not

There's the big options I guess but I think we going to need to target another half like Keary, Nikorima or Green. And should go after a centre maybe for when Matai retires at the end of 2017, buy a young centre give him a year in NSW cup to get ready or move Tom wright to centres. I don't know guys has bozo lost the plot getting rid of one our best forwards last week in Lawrence and a good solid player in starling. But burgess and Mateo can go to SL
Why wright to centre when we have ramien?

The player with an excuse would be Lawrence who with Kapow & Jake, were the best forwards last week...then again if players are being told they are going, it's like playing for a contract....anyone else notice Tony Williams running far harder then 2015....it's contract time!!

Ramien is young & played against older Holden cup players more than matching most last year.
Solid defender & quite robust & fast in attack....also not scared to get involved in the tough stuff....definately 1 for the future.

All those forwards were tapped and refused to leave.
BJ was open to do so but no takers :(

These guys in their last contract year anyway @:cool:

If they need to clear space for fresh forwards I wouldn't be looking at Lawrence & Starling. I'd be surprised if they're on much more than minimum $s and they are both solid first graders if used correctly - don't forget they were our props in 2014 when we were leading the comp. Mateo may be using up a larger proportion of our cap space than a backup 2nd-rower ought to (he is a good backup at a lower price if he'll take it), and I think Luke Burgess is excess to Manly's needs

On the other hand there are a few forwards new to the club who we could do without IMO.

Out of all the players in our current squad, Starling would be in my top 5 to retain. I love Lawrence and he is one of my favourites but I fear we may see a sharp decline from him towards the end of next season as age catches up with him. Happy for him to prove me wrong if he can replicate what Joe G did for us in his 30's.

I'm not fussed if we offload Mateo and Burgess.

As much as I like to predict who we will sign next year, if they really are letting those guys go which is totally possible, I'd say Bozo has already got commitments from the guys he wants.

So it will be more interesting to see which of the guys that are rumoured to be resigning with their clubs don't because then you can probably have a much better guess.

It seems like old news, like the journo got a scoop from January and it just got published now. Things may have actually moved on a bit since.

The added benefit of these stories is that it usually forces the home team to offer overs to retain them

This report seems just another load of excrement. Boy, surely we've learned to dismiss such rumour-riddled missives by now. About one in 10 come true.
If Bozo was seriously considering recruiting Cordner then I no longer value his opinion; you'll understand why when/if the real reason he is out of the sport for 12 weeks is revealed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4