1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea eagles set to ditch forwards!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Lawrence, Starling, Mateo and Burgess all set to be shown the door and not be re signed? In the latest rugby league week, the mole says bozo is set to dump those 4 forwards he classifies them as dead wood! We were close to signing cordner but he re signed.

Why get rid of Lawrence and starlo I think they are still worth keeping. But Lawrence is over 30 say maybe young thinking?

There isn't that many targets out there.

Tamou-Likely to be re signed
    Moa-Wants to go to NZ plus he's 30
    Klemmer-Likely to be re signed
    Solomona-Wants to go play for All blacks
    Gillett-Possible but Titans are chasing hard plus he will probably re signed
    Jackson-Likely to be re signed
    Lane-Isn't playing FG at Bulldogs and could be a good buy but is the des Hasler deal still on between he and bozo?
    Rochow-We are chasing him but he isn't exactly a big name forward
    Sims-Won't leave his brother
    Williams-If des doesn't want him we should buy him would be a great impact player
    Soliola-If he is cheap why not

There's the big options I guess but I think we going to need to target another half like Keary, Nikorima or Green. And should go after a centre maybe for when Matai retires at the end of 2017, buy a young centre give him a year in NSW cup to get ready or move Tom wright to centres. I don't know guys has bozo lost the plot getting rid of one our best forwards last week in Lawrence and a good solid player in starling. But burgess and Mateo can go to SL

2. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Is it any wonder there seems to be a lack of motivation among the playing group?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Hgbcds

Hgbcds Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 44
    Why wright to centre when we have ramien?

4. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    The player with an excuse would be Lawrence who with Kapow & Jake, were the best forwards last week...then again if players are being told they are going, it's like playing for a contract....anyone else notice Tony Williams running far harder then 2015....it's contract time!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Could tell me what Ramien is like as a player his style I don't know to much about him? If he is good then sure put him in the centres

6. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    Ramien is young & played against older Holden cup players more than matching most last year.
    Solid defender & quite robust & fast in attack....also not scared to get involved in the tough stuff....definately 1 for the future.

7. The Meat Rocket

The Meat Rocket New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 4
    Lawrence has been treated appallingly. Any chance we can get rid of Myles?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    All those forwards were tapped and refused to leave.
    BJ was open to do so but no takers :(

These guys in their last contract year anyway @:cool:

9. Slide

Slide Active Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 2
    If they need to clear space for fresh forwards I wouldn't be looking at Lawrence & Starling. I'd be surprised if they're on much more than minimum $s and they are both solid first graders if used correctly - don't forget they were our props in 2014 when we were leading the comp. Mateo may be using up a larger proportion of our cap space than a backup 2nd-rower ought to (he is a good backup at a lower price if he'll take it), and I think Luke Burgess is excess to Manly's needs

On the other hand there are a few forwards new to the club who we could do without IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Also add tom Symonds to Melbourne .

11. nightster

nightster grumpy old bastard

grew up Manly now Byron
    Ratings:
    +1,405 / 43
    really? ... wouldn't blame him though ... when green gets picked over him

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    Jeez, wouldn't you love to be Baz.... having a halfwit picking your team for you & hiring & firing your players... Bozo needs to retire.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Out of all the players in our current squad, Starling would be in my top 5 to retain. I love Lawrence and he is one of my favourites but I fear we may see a sharp decline from him towards the end of next season as age catches up with him. Happy for him to prove me wrong if he can replicate what Joe G did for us in his 30's.

I'm not fussed if we offload Mateo and Burgess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    As much as I like to predict who we will sign next year, if they really are letting those guys go which is totally possible, I'd say Bozo has already got commitments from the guys he wants.

So it will be more interesting to see which of the guys that are rumoured to be resigning with their clubs don't because then you can probably have a much better guess.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Can you ditch players who are off contract?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    It seems like old news, like the journo got a scoop from January and it just got published now. Things may have actually moved on a bit since.

17. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    The added benefit of these stories is that it usually forces the home team to offer overs to retain them

18. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Well we've got who we've got now , so lets get on with the f...... show. COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,477 / 42
    Get rid of Fulton as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    This report seems just another load of excrement. Boy, surely we've learned to dismiss such rumour-riddled missives by now. About one in 10 come true.
    If Bozo was seriously considering recruiting Cordner then I no longer value his opinion; you'll understand why when/if the real reason he is out of the sport for 12 weeks is revealed.

• Informative Informative x 5