Sea Eagles Release Watmough, Sign Lyon, Mason, Mateo & Vave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dave Warwick is the best. I am most please we've signed Vave. I really have high hopes he is what we've been missing, and is going to be an out and out star. Glad Choc's gone. We now have the potential to win this thing.

Loobs said:
Wondering based of Penns video what the Brookie plans are? I can see them making a firm push into the Central Coast and maybe splitting games but also doing the same with the Mariners.

Wow, how did you get that from the video. I heard him say staying at Brookie was paramount, that Brookie was our spiritual home. I didn't hear a single word about the Central Coast or anywhere else for that matter.

Can you point to that bit on the video so I can re-watch that bit.

BOZO said:
dowdz said:
Sad to see Choc leave. He did mess things up for himself though.

Moving forward. Looking forward to our new signings in the Maroon and White.

If Mateo gets to his best, Snake may score a lot of tries. He has an amazing off load.
You have made a good point there with Mateo the Magician .
Mateo will be to the Snake what Cliffy was to the Beaver

I am looking forward to this :D.

Ralphie said:
Loobs said:
Wondering based of Penns video what the Brookie plans are? I can see them making a firm push into the Central Coast and maybe splitting games but also doing the same with the Mariners.

Wow, how did you get that from the video. I heard him say staying at Brookie was paramount, that Brookie was our spiritual home. I didn't hear a single word about the Central Coast or anywhere else for that matter.

You need to watch it with a tin foil hat

lsz said:
Ralphie said:
Loobs said:

You need to watch it with a tin foil hat

Maybe it was the vibe......

Pretty sad that it ended like this with Watmough.
You should have stayed Manly, Choc.

Well done to the club for getting on with things though.
Great news on Jamie Lyon.

Crusher_Cleal said:
We turned Watmough into Mason/Mateo/Vave. Sure as hell doesn't feel like we won that one to me...

We lose gift, choc and kingy in one hit.
Big shoes to fill.

Thanks for the service guys - I for one will consider you all manly all time legends.

I will put my hand up that I have never been supportive of Whatnow, runs like a crab, gives plenty of penalties away personally glad to see the back of him. Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on our way out.

P.S. Thanks for destroying our 2014 season you self-centered princess.

OneEyedEagle said:
I will put my hand up that I have never been supportive of Whatnow, runs like a crab, gives plenty of penalties away personally glad to see the back of him. Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on our way out.

OUCH

Las Vegas Blvd said:
OneEyedEagle said:

OUCH

Just my personal opinion LVB

Ralphie said:
Loobs said:

I'm just thinking based off the fact Brookie as a solely northern beaches commodity has a limited use especially if you're talking about investment from "consortiums", which he mentioned. And the Penns have kept the Gosford thing going even though it takes a couple games out of Brookie each season...

mjb136 said:
After months of speculation, it is nice to finally get some good news over the past week. United board, new CEO, releasing a player who brought unrest and signing some big units, i cannot wait for 2015!

GO MANLY!!!!

there wasnt any speculation regarding choc , the proof was in the pudding..

some either couldnt see it or didnt want to see it..

ManlyMit said:
Sad to see Watmough playing in different colours next season but he was the victim of his own demise, he will regret soon enough what has happened!!

Great signings by the way, things are looking brighter each day!!

im not sad to see him go AT ALL !!!! the way he carried on and turned our season upside down , demolish very close to all the confidence of a young future star DCE , is just low and im not sure if ill ever forget it...

i couldnt care how he goes......

Crusher_Cleal said:
The mood here is much more accepting that I would have predicted. We just replaced one of the top 5 best NRL forwards of the last decade with a player probably entering his last year of football and another who hasn't been very good in 3 years. And neither are young.

maybe its because , deep down we all know how much he really cared about the club that gave him so much in the last decade

southsideeagle said:
I hope Snake can renew himself for next season. Rid myself of the bad feelings.

snake unlikely to be going anywhere.

good chance matai will end up a happy camper

panash said:
mjb136 said:
After months of speculation, it is nice to finally get some good news over the past week. United board, new CEO, releasing a player who brought unrest and signing some big units, i cannot wait for 2015!

GO MANLY!!!!

Well it's hard to see the pudding where the proof was when you live more than 1000k away from Brookie and your only source of information is news media that prints speculation as fact.

I certainly didn't want to see this ending to Choc's career at Manly. He's been a legend for us.
Such a shame it all went wrong and it 'appears', to someone out the QLD bush, that sometime during the season he turned against the club he became a champion with.

For me when I saw the interview with Weidler where he said his next contract would be about money not emotions I got the feeling he'd go, but I still hoped he'd stay right up until today.

But moving forward I don't wish him any luck with those slimy eels and Go Manly!

Loobs said:
Ralphie said:
Loobs said:

I'm just thinking based off the fact Brookie as a solely northern beaches commodity has a limited use especially if you're talking about investment from "consortiums", which he mentioned. And the Penns have kept the Gosford thing going even though it takes a couple games out of Brookie each season...

It worked for saints, they hardly play any games at any of their umpteen home grounds, yet all got upgraded.

(that was a satirical comment, I don't believe for a minute that the penns want to go to gosford)

Shoe1 said:
Loobs said:
Ralphie said:
Loobs said:

It worked for saints, they hardly play any games at any of their umpteen home grounds, yet all got upgraded.

(that was a satirical comment, I don't believe for a minute that the penns want to go to gosford)

Not saying they want to go to Gosford. I'm saying they will maybe continue to send some games up there. He's talking growing the membership to 30k -you can't do that using only the northern beaches.

Also this:

"It’s going to be more of a precinct as opposed to just a stadium but it’s going to be the right thing for the area..."

Precinct? Brookvale as a suburb sucks. I've lived there. It's no precinct even with a flash stadium. People don't want to hang out in Brookie unless they're getting their car serviced or are at the mall.

So interested to see these plans because they are the only thing he's sprouting that don't really stack up...

niccipops said:
panash said:
mjb136 said:

GO MANLY!!!!

Well it's hard to see the pudding where the proof was when you live more than 1000k away from Brookie and your only source of information is news media that prints speculation as fact.

I certainly didn't want to see this ending to Choc's career at Manly. He's been a legend for us.
Such a shame it all went wrong and it 'appears', to someone out the QLD bush, that sometime during the season he turned against the club he became a champion with.

For me when I saw the interview with Weidler where he said his next contract would be about money not emotions I got the feeling he'd go, but I still hoped he'd stay right up until today.

But moving forward I don't wish him any luck with those slimy eels and Go Manly!

where there is smoke , there is fire...

comments at SOS camp , interviews on channel 9 and other outlets ( parra contracts ) etc...

pointed to him going...

like i said - some couldnt see it others didnt want to see it.

i didnt need anyone tell me that choc was going , i knew he would be.

My view is that there will be games played away from Brookie each season so we can grow the brand and reach out to more fans.

As a precinct it maybe a commercial zone rather that purely a sporting asset it is now?

winnyason said:
Look i hate the salary cap, given what this group achieved in last 10 years seems quite unfair. To see a local junior gone hurts but he choose his path. It was always going to be a hard decision with dce and foz up for contract.
Choc has stuck by the club for quite a while with money, what is done is done. No doubt he was owed given the pay cuts he has taken over the years.
That said to pick up a ex test, state of origin and premiership winner and one of best off loaders in modern game then i would take it. It will certainly change our game plan, having feleti on edges and mason up middle will help. Ferris, tommy s played great this year. I have big reservations on horo looking forward, if we are to challenge again we need some juniors to step up that being jake t, sao and chee kam. Simply forwards such as horo and starling won't do.

Mateo usually plays up the middle. Agree regarding Horo.

Ryan said:
Yup, my missus fell through the garage roof, and recently had an arthrascope and cartilage removed from her leg, so we can't be too....what's the word.....experimental with our positioning.

But you make do....I'm a team player ;)

Doing it with the misses on the garage roof, Ryan?

Now that is experimental positioning!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4