Sea Eagles Release Watmough, Sign Lyon, Mason, Mateo & Vave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
Second-rower Anthony Watmough will leave the Kaspersky Manly Warringah Sea Eagles with immediate effect after a request to be released from the final year of his contract in 2015 was granted today.

Head Coach Geoff Toovey Said: "Anthony is a local junior, a two-time premiership winner and a life-member of the Club. I'm disappointed to lose a quality player such as Anthony Watmough."

"We wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his services to the Sea Eagles"

Watmough played eight matches for the Northern Eagles in 2002 before playing 278 times for the Sea Eagles. He was a member of the Club's 2008 & 2011 grand final-winning teams, represented New South Wales on 14 occasions and the Australian Kangaroos 16 times.

In signing news for the Sea Eagles Willie Mason, Feleti Mateo and Siosaia Vave have all recently signed contracts to join the Sea Eagles.

The trio will join their new Sea Eagles teammates for pre-season training in early November.

These signings will go some way to filling the void left in the Sea Eagles pack following the departures of veteran forwards Glenn Stewart and Jason King.

In further exciting news for Sea Eagles Members, the team's captain, Jamie Lyon as been extended to the end of season 2016.

(from MWFC email)

---

Thanks Choc. All the best.

Welcome new big boppers!!!!

At last we have some closure.

Thank you Choc for your great service.

Now please just go. Take your odious mate weed killer and join the whining worms. Fitting that you end up there after your gob helped derail this season.

Now we can all move on!!

This is brilliant, im stoked

First the new CEO and now fixing a few problems

and best of all Lyon signed until end 2016, now DCE and Foz to go

Now excited about 2015 as its lining up very nicely

After months of speculation, it is nice to finally get some good news over the past week. United board, new CEO, releasing a player who brought unrest and signing some big units, i cannot wait for 2015!

GO MANLY!!!!

Great stuff regarding Killer, that'll make him an NRL 300 gamer.

Regarding Choc, probably the best result allround, given the carry on from him this year his future here was pretty much untenable. He has been a good servant for the team but he is by no means irreplaceable so out of all the "big names" in our squad he is the one we can probably cover the easiest.

The three signings aren't what you'd call top shelf, but happy to give them an opportunity to impress. Mason and Mateo have potential and could be very good for us if their headspace is right. I wonder how long they have signed for ?

We will have a much more balanced team. No doubt Choc is a good player, but adding Mase to front row, Mateo in Choc's spot and possibly Vave a big unit on the bench will definitely help.

8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Mason
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Lui
15. Sene-Lefeo
16. Trbojevic
17. Vave/Starling
19. Horo/Hoppa/Hasson
A good pack.

Now lets hope we can forget about this years season and look forward to a more united club right from the top down

Worse case scenario we miss the 8 which I find hard to believe all we ask for is that players who play want to play for each other and enjoy there footy.

Looking forward to a few games next year at brookvale oval - which should all attract 17,000+ crowd subject to the correct scheduleding

Souths, Dogs,Parra and Storm

Pepi said:
We will have a much more balanced team. No doubt Choc is a good player, but adding Mase to front row, Mateo in Choc's spot and possibly Vave a big unit on the bench will definitely help.

8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Mason
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Lui
15. Sene-Lefeo
16. Trbojevic
17. Vave/Starling
19. Horo/Hoppa/Hasson
A good pack.

mason to the bench with starling to start and horo 17 and vave 18 is my team

davohan123 said:
Now lets hope we can forget about this years season and look forward to a more united club right from the top down

Even if we don't make the 8 next year all we ask for is that players who play want to play for each other and enjoy there footy.

Looking forward to a few games next year at brookvale oval - which should all attract 17,000+ crowd subject to the correct scheduleding

Souths, Dogs,Parra and Storm

There's no way we'll miss the 8 next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8