Sea Eagles play follow the(ir) leaders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sea Eagles play follow the leaders
4 Jan 2014 Manly Daily Jon Geddes

COACH LAUDS VETERANS’ WORK ETHIC

AS THE Sea Eagles prepare to throw themselves back into pre-season training on Monday, head strength and conditioning coach Don Singe has revealed how the club’s stalwarts continue to give them the edge.

Experienced players like Brett Stewart set the example at Sea Eagles training.

“Obviously we have brought in some young fellows and they have worked very hard, and they are fitting in really well,” he said.
But I just can’t go past the senior players once again – the Stewarts, Anthony Watmough, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin and Jason King.
“They consistently hold the work ethic and the culture of this club together.”

Singe said it was those experienced hands who scored the best numbers in testing and always turned up with a great attitude.

“It is about hard work and they continue to maintain that,” he said.
Singe said that attitude transferred to the new players at the club.
“It definitely rubs off on them, if it doesn’t rub off they will instil it in some other way,” he said. “It is a very big part of the club and I can’t speak highly enough of the senior playing group.”

Star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans attended a training session prior to the Christmas break after their respective World Cup campaigns.
“The good news for me is that they are back, they are healthy, fit and looking well,” Singe said. “They are very enthusiastic, they are ready to get back.”

Singe said that the biggest problem he faced was telling them to go away and have a rest.
The dynamic duo will be straight back into full training with the rest of the squad on Monday.

Singe said that while the players would certainly have enjoyed their Christmas, they also knew there was still a tremendous amount of work to be done on their return.

“There were no warnings needed,” Singe said.
The groundwork was laid in the lead-up to Christmas, which Singe described as hard work but great.

RE: Sea Eagles play follow the leaders

I'm doing my part! *eats McDonalds*

Just reading what Donny puts them through gives mere mortals a stitch.

I admire Donny. How you lift players back up for another year after a gut wrenching GF loss I don't know. I am finding hard myself to get re-motivated & I'm just a fan.

Look at Manly in 1998. Just terrible. 4 wins from the first 14 games. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_by.html#1998

Cheer up BK, Manly only won 6/14 in 2009 - so the Players take only 2 games extra to get over a GF loss :p

Brissie Kid said:
I admire Donny. How you lift players back up for another year after a gut wrenching GF loss I don't know. I am finding hard myself to get re-motivated & I'm just a fan.

Look at Manly in 1998. Just terrible. 4 wins from the first 14 games. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_by.html#1998

We bounced back well in '96 & '08 :)

Don Singe, not only THE BEST at what he does, but one of the most humble guys around. What an amazing situation for any young/new player to find themselves in, turning up for your first training session at Manly must be. The mutual respect, the camaraderie, the success!! You would never want to let your mates down and certainly would never want to leave!

2014 is going to be another successful year!!

Great to see the senior boys leading. This is another reason we are Semi Finalists every year since 05. We get this core of players and then in comes people like Horo, Lawrence, Symonds, and they see this and try and fit in by working hard.

Donnie Singe....keep it up.

anyway, this thread title blows. Manly are the leaders and don't follow anyone.

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
anyway, this thread title blows. Manly are the leaders and don't follow anyone.
Proofed the Journo's ambiguous title :cool:

I'll read it tomorrow when my eyes can focus more!!!!:angel::angel::dodgy::exclamation::sleepy::D:idea::p

I won't sleep a wink till then - just saw Wolfie in his boardies, strolling down to have a swim :heart:

Thank you Santa for finally delivering :D

Scientists - pull you fingers out and get the cloning happening ASAP :idea:

HappilyManly said:
I won't sleep a wink till then - just saw Wolfie in his boardies, strolling down to have a swim :heart:

Thank you Santa for finally delivering :D

Scientists - pull you fingers out and get the cloning happening ASAP :idea:

lol, cold shower time!

Scientists can already clone humans, just gotta get over the moral/ethical/legal side of things.

So next time you see him, grab some hair (though you'll prob be grabbing for something else!!) :idea::angel::p:D;)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8