Sea Eagles Pillage - The Washup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In the wake of Desgate many would have had us believe that our team would be torn to pieces and all we would be left with is a rotting carcass not likely to figure in any finals campaign for years to come. The sky was going to well and truly fall in on Narrabeen and Brookvale. So what's the tale of the tape 8 months or so on.

Contracted

Snake - 2016
JT - 2014
Killer - 2013 (and on record saying he wants to stay)
Shoulders - 2015
Foz - 2015
DCE - 2015
Gift - 2014 (make it 2016 because he won't leave Brett)
Choc - 2014 (you may as well say life)
King - 2014
Kite - 2013
Ballin - 2015
Ferris - 2014
Joe G - 2013
George - 2013
Vic -2013

Losses

T-Rex
Whare
Lussick
Oldfield
Harrison
Robinson (??)

Gains

Fa'aso
Chee Kam
Sao
Hiku
Gutherson (not technically a gain I know)

Undecided

Wolf - but not likely to go anywhere next year because of injury

I don't know about you guys, but if you had told me at the beginning of the year that the only major player we would lose was T-Rex, I would have taken that in a heartbeat. I would have also thought you were stark raving mad.

The fact that we have the main core of this side tied up for another 3 years is unbelievable. Add to that some promising junior signings and we are looking mighty fine to be giving this comp a shake for the next few seasons. This tells me two things

* The team management, led by Dave Perry, should take a bow. To be able to pull off all these signings is a testament to their abilities, not the least of which includes working under trying circumstances with a dysfunctional board and some big egos determined to publicly grind axes. You can officially take the P Plates off Dave, well done.

* The players love Manly and want to play for this great club. Obviously a tight knit group and there must be a very positive culture in the playing group. Partially due to an obvious "no d!ckhead" policy on signings, but also to some wonderful leadership, both on and off the field, by a senior playing group. Killer, Kitey, Beaver, Kingy and even Joe, set the standard. They have the respect, and the young guys learn from that. Look at the change in some of the other guys like Choc and Stevie since they started out, and you can see that this group is all about respect and team first. Apart from the obvious on field ability and skills, the one thing that makes me most proud of this team is the humility of the playing group and the commitment the players have to each other and this great club. We don't have any show ponies, w@nkers, or rock stars, we have a group of quality men who go about their business with pride and self respect.

It may not be a popular statement, but you have to give kudos to Des for setting this standard and breeding this culture. Tooves was part of that as well, and I have no doubt he will be as passionate and as proud with the clipboard as he was when he wore the jersey. We are lucky to have had coaches that know what it is like to play for Manly, to know what it is like to be hated because of that, but to have felt that pride of pulling on the jersey and running onto Brookvale.

So here we are on the verge of another finals campaign, and a chance of a historic title defence. Life didn't end when Des left, the club proved it was bigger than any one man. I can't believe that we are so lucky as fans to support a club that has such a great culture and has experienced such success. Little wonder everyone hates us.... it's called jealousy.

Future is looking bright, long may we reign !!!!!!!!

That my friend is worth much more than a simple "like" button on a forum.....great words and in fact I am now going to copy it, paste it and send it direct to Dave!!

oops, sorry, I forgot to click like. But now you have...(edit) 40 you don't need one from me.

So, here's a repost of a falling panda.

Edit, ok I gave a like as well, top stuff that, and true as well!

CbzLR.gif

Insert standing ovation here.

I'm so glad that despite living driver, 9 iron from Parramatta, I aligned myself with Manly as a 9 year old schoolboy watching the likes of Eadie, Randall and Krillich.

Oustanding article C & C. Sums up this club and it's supporters. God I am glad when we moved to Sydney in 1973 that we chose the Warringah area and not anywhere else.This club is outstanding and what a credit these players and staff are to carry on this wonderful clubs traditions. Yes credit where it's due. Des instilled this professionalism into these players.

stoodamire said:
Salary cap anyone?

Elephant in the room perhaps, but having said that, the point I was trying to make above was the this group will take unders to play for this club. It's the culture, the northern beaches lifestyle, the chance to be part of a premiership winning side, and to play with guys who are genuinely your mates. I also have faith in the administration that they will balance the books, they are shaping up as smart operators. We've never breached the salary cap yet, so no reason to start now.

This isn't Parra where you have to pay overs just to get someone there in the first place, and then once you sign you basically commit career suicide, and to top it off you have to play with selfish twerps like Sandow and Hayne.

Chip and Chase said:
stoodamire said:
Salary cap anyone?

Elephant in the room perhaps, but having said that, the point I was trying to make above was the this group will take unders to play for this club. It's the culture, the northern beaches lifestyle, the chance to be part of a premiership winning side, and to play with guys who are genuinely your mates. I also have faith in the administration that they will balance the books, they are shaping up as smart operators. We've never breached the salary cap yet, so no reason to start now.

This isn't Parra where you have to pay overs just to get someone there in the first place, and then once you sign you basically commit career suicide, and to top it off you have to play with selfish twerps like Sandow and Hayne.
Great post & accurate response regarding salary cap.
The thread - best I have read on here in 2012!!

I agree with everything in your original post, especially the part about being proud to support a club that gives us so much back. Very rarely do we have yo-yo seasons like many other clubs - up one year, down the next. Our consistency means that we fans can enter each match knowing we'll have a great chance of winning.
My two adult children are also passionate supporters. Ironically, my son looks like he's landed a role in school development with Wests Tigers, and had to be 'creative' when going for the interview.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Chip and Chase....Dave has read this, and thanks you very much for your words.

Does Dave read any of my posts?

:(

PS. The call for salary cap shenanigans (sp) would already be ringing far and wide with disgruntled non Manly fans.

We're the best!

Great thread.

Dave Perry continues the long list of excellent "transfers" made by Manly from within Dragoons ranks- Bozo, Michael O'connor, Brent Kite, Stewart brothers etc...

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Chip and Chase....Dave has read this, and thanks you very much for your words.

Does Dave read any of my posts?

:(

PS. The call for salary cap shenanigans (sp) would already be ringing far and wide with disgruntled non Manly fans.

We're the best!

He might Global...lol

To be honest I doubt he has the time to read this forum on a regular basis. I simply have him on speed dial and thought that was one he should read.

Larissa reads (and posts) here on a regular basis and would have probably alerted him to it at some stage.....I just knew he was about to jump on a plane to the Gold Coast and thought I'd brighten his day!!

And you don't need to know how I knew that!!

I agree with everything that C&C wrote.This team is a very special team that over a period of 6-8 years developed a very close bond. They were more than football players they were close friends as well.We have been very privileged to see such a close and successful group of men represent our beloved football team- the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

By the way this IS "Post of the Year" and I just hope Rambowanker and Mr I read this...and if they do...suck eggs you dickwits!!!!

Gotta say C&C, stirring words indeed. A great read and a great team. I'm still mystified by Des's actions but Manly goes on strong and you summed it up perfectly.

Respect for each other and for the position you hold - that is what the Players and the CEO and Coaching/Training Staff express daily (take note Board :dodgy:)

The ability to keep the Team together, is also largely due to the nameless (to the Fans) Third Party Sponsors. :angel:

I am so proud of the maturity that the great Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have attained once more, after comming back from the dead - thanks to Mr Delmege :angel::angel:

Wonderful to witness the palpable solidarity of the Players as the business end of the season approaches. I wish them all the success that they so richly deserve.:heart:

May the Mother of All Manly Sea Eagles Premiership Parties be launched September 30, 2012:D

Manly, stay safe and trust that a Champion Team shall vanquish all - win BIG Manly:exclamation:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4