Sea eagles no longer screaming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a hard slog for me to get to brookie, I have a few business trips to Sydney coming up and I am trying to time them with Manly games and playing soccer.

I will speak to Leanne tonight about GC it slipped my mind yesterday

Yes Dan, I understand you are well away from the northern beaches so not easy to pop over for a footy game.
Not sure if you visit the forum on the official site from time to time but worth a look to read the threads re the Gold Coast as it is shaping up to be HUGE!!
I was up in Brisbane for round 9 and met up with people at the LA and then at the Caxton after and we had a top day and a lot of fun - from the "cast members" that are gathering for the Titans game and the numbers of people who are travelling it has all the makings of "You gotta be there if you can" event.

vid Dan and the Official site arent really on each others Christmas card lists, for reasons that are old and better off not rehashed

Ive read all the posts on this topic. I just want to say i'm on a pension and i have been a member of Manly League's Club for 19 yrs straight now, this year will be my 20th renewal.

Today i phoned the football club to ask how much it costs to become a screaming eagle supporter and how i go about paying it and what address to send the money too. I'm looking forward to becoming a screaming eagle supporter as well, i just want to support the Club that i love so much it's not about the money for me.

What matters the most to me is seeing the greatest club in the NRL the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles still playing in the comp thats my gift thats all that matters to me.

Go Manly it's time to take the Title in 08.

Eagle Predator - Great to read your post and an incredible effort.
It is people like you that will help keep our club in the comp and remain so for years to come.
It's well documented how we nearly lost the club and the amazing numbers that came out in support and created such a "hullaballo" when we had to "merge" with the Bears and also turned out in such big numbers recently for the "Save Brooky" campaign.
If all of those who profess to support our team made the effort as you have done to allocate just a dollar a week towards paying for a membership it will assist the club in never being put in a situation where it has to move from the area, join with another NRL team or leave the comp entirely.
Respect mate - Well done
Vid

Well done EP; I think buidling a strong membership culture is vital for us; one day (like AFL supporters) I would like to see the culture that if you support a club you automatically think that I must become a member.

The quote from David Gallop below is from another thread but says it all IMO;

“People want to see their teams prosper, they want to see the best players remain in the NRL … and the most powerful influence fans can have on that is to sign up as a member of their team.”

Fairly stern words from the NRL CEO however the message is clear.  If we want to survive we all need to embrace membership as the best way we can support the club.

Vidmar the other thing you have to remember is that I contribute in other ways, this site for instance is an example, a lot of time and effort goes into the site and money and though the club aren't massive fans of ours we do promote the club and we do offer a service.

Give it up Vid, whilst I admire your passion you aren't going to convince anyone to join that doesnt want to.

People have priorities in life, and for many membership of a football club is not that far up the list, that doesnt make them any less of a supporter.

very true Fro, rising cost of living doesn't help my already stubborn stance

Dan link said:
Vidmar the other thing you have to remember is that I contribute in other ways, this site for instance is an example, a lot of time and effort goes into the site and money and though the club aren't massive fans of ours we do promote the club and we do offer a service.
Same with me dan you're spot on like i keep saying i average $120 everytime i go to brookie i also buy my promotional stuff at the narrabeen fitness centre.Vid i admire your work plus you're are a liverpool supporter like myself & you know i was always a regular on the other site for a long time but to pay to post i think is unfair i contribute enough allready to the club.

The last thing I have on my mind right now is whether or not the Manly Sea Eagles go under.

To be honest, if I have a dollar left over at the end of the week, ill buy myself a ****ing coffee and cheers to you blokes who havn't got a clue how ignrant you can be to complain about people with financial struggles not holding up to your priorities in life.

How are things by the way flip? on the improve yet?

Flip link said:
The last thing I have on my mind right now is whether or not the Manly Sea Eagles go under.

Flip I understand where you are coming from (limited of course without knowing exactly what is happening in your life), however doesnt watching our great team maybe take away from some of the difficulties we might face in life?

I dont think we should be pushing every man and his dog to pay up for membership as not everyone is in a position to afford it, however we should definitely be promoting it.

Its something that no NRL club really does successfully.

I've already admitted that in season's past I haven't had a reason not to be a member. If I had the money right now i'd be a member because you are right, it does bring happiness to our lives (not so much when watmough knees the ball over the sideline).

However, I can now see that their is room for improvement in the memberships to get some people on board.

I am just totally against the 'Why aren't you a member you lazy greedy ****, its only a dollar a week' attitude.

Flip link said:
If I had the money right now i'd be a member because you are right, it does bring happiness to our lives (not so much when watmough knees the ball over the sideline).

However, I can now see that their is room for improvement in the memberships to get some people on board.

I am just totally against the 'Why aren't you a member you lazy greedy F**k, its only a dollar a week' attitude.

Agree completely.

In regard to the Watmough comment, that was ****ing hilarious. Poor old choc, you could see he wanted to try and pick the ball up and go, but commonsense prevailed and he thought he would dive on the ball, only to **** it up completely and send it over the boundary like an Englishmen in the outfield.

I couldnt decide whether to laugh or scream at the TV.

Been an interesting post so thanks all for reading it or getting involved.

Dan and others,……. yes there are many people who contribute in so many other ways to the betterment of the club and I salute you and take nothing away from your efforts and the work you do or the money you spend on going to games or buying merchandise etc.

My intention was to highlight the value and importance of membership sales in allowing the club to survive in top flight footy and to allow the team to compete competitively and I hope that I (and a number of others who posted) have achieved that.

It was encouraging to see some people who posted that will now become members so to them well done and thanks.

Putting up cash doesn’t make you a “better” supporter - As no stranger to debt or lack of funds it was never my intention to be critical of or belittle those who simply can’t afford it – if you felt that was the case – sorry and apologies as none of my posts were meant to do that.

People who do have the cash but can’t be arsed in joining or would rather spend it on a couple of hours on the piss or on the pokies or whatever whatever – your money and your choice BUT – in my eyes – that takes away your recourse to have a whinge or a whine when we can’t attract or keep players due to lack of finance or if we are forced to re-locate or merge with another club.

Yes, I’m passionate about the club and take my 2 young children to pretty much every home and away game and we’ve had some great experiences and met some fantastic people as a result of supporting the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and I hope we continue to do so for many many years.

If I need to help promote memberships or do what I can to help that happen then I will do so and if that pisses some people off, again apologies but having seen the reality of us all nearly losing this great club a few years ago I guess I can live with it.

As has been stated I’ve had my say so it’s time for me to stop banging on…except of course to say ….GO YOU MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-X

Vidmar, I salute your pride sir.

Keep it up mate

Nowhere near it PSE, Mata created a beauty last year about Monaghan being **** that hit 35-40 pages i think lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4