Sea Eagles need Silvertails to fly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
IF you thought all the player movement at the Manly Sea Eagles was a bit of a shake-up on the northern peninsula, stand by for a lot more changes north of the Spit.

NRL regulars Josh Perry, Trent Hodkinson, Ben Farrar and Chris Bailey have all departed the Narrabeen headquarters - and Sport Confidential understands the 2008 premiers are poised to make a raft of other changes.

Coach Des Hasler is renowned as one of the hardest taskmasters in rugby league and the Eagles bowing out in the first week of the finals for the past two years has been simply unacceptable for the one-time champion halfback.

Hasler wants Manly back to the Silvertails days of 2007 and 2008 and there have been some major rumblings behind the scenes about how to try to rejuvenate the club.

By James Hooper From: The Daily Telegraph October 22, 2010 12:00AM

Ralphie link said:
IF you thought all the player movement at the Manly Sea Eagles was a bit of a shake-up on the northern peninsula, stand by for a lot more changes north of the Spit.

NRL regulars Josh Perry, Trent Hodkinson, Ben Farrar and Chris Bailey have all departed the Narrabeen headquarters - and Sport Confidential understands the 2008 premiers are poised to make a raft of other changes.

Coach Des Hasler is renowned as one of the hardest taskmasters in rugby league and the Eagles bowing out in the first week of the finals for the past two years has been simply unacceptable for the one-time champion halfback.

Hasler wants Manly back to the Silvertails days of 2007 and 2008 and there have been some major rumblings behind the scenes about how to try to rejuvenate the club.

Nothing but old news here.

Ralphie link said:

Assume that could mean staffing changes in the footy dept?

I agree Wheelie, I think Susan came on a while ago and said the "camp wasn't a happy one"....so I'd say that's where the chnages will be

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I agree Wheelie, I think Susan came on a while ago and said the \"camp wasn't a happy one\"....so I'd say that's where the chnages will be

Jack Gibson always said that winning the Comp starts at the front office......or was it the back office......anyway it starts somewhere in an office.

Certain people on this forum have had strong words to say about the attitude of certain players. That is also something that might be addressed. A few of our squad have been dining out on a certain (fabulous) October day in 2008, forgetting that life has moved on and there have been two Premierships run and won since then. If a rocket is needed to get minds focussed, all power to Desmond.

Re: Sea Eagles need Silvertails to fly

No point in then coming to this forum for help then. We only have Captain Obvious.

Re: Sea Eagles need Silvertails to fly

eggson link said:
New halfback - the goat.  Everybody knew that

So the compromising pictures of Dessie were of him & DCE you say?

Well that is quite the scandal.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=185819.msg303561#msg303561 date=1287693241]
major rumblings ?

have been to this forum

It was the Salmon-mousse
[/quote]

It was the free sandwiches at the board meeting

This is the best article I have read and gives me lots of hope since we were bundled out. I'm glad that it won't continue with the 'everything is alright' credo that I felt was becoming standard fare coming out of the club. Yes, we had severe injuries at the death but overall it was a hugely disappointing year for mine. More power to the decision makers to turn it all around.

TerryRandall link said:
Its about time they got some military-type discipline in the place - if Major Rumblings can't sort things out, nobody can. If he doesn't work, time to try General Disaster.
Think we tried General Disaster this year :)

We will fly ! its about time they made an approach for a cleanout ! First Perry to lazy, i was expecting matai, the goat has gone, hmm hopefully the players that under performed are shaking in their boots !

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6