Sea Eagles may have too much Grunt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaynews/4700061a19773.html

Sea Eagles may have too much grunt
AARON LAWTON - Sunday News | Sunday, 21 September 2008

THE Warriors might have trounced the Roosters on Friday night but rival centre Iosia Soliola is unsure they'll have enough gas in the tank to do the same to the Sea Eagles this week.

The Roosters' season ended abruptly in Auckland against the fired up Warriors, who now cross the Tasman to meet the Sea Eagles for a place in the Grand Final.

Kiwis star Soliola wants to see the Warriors do well but was wary of predicting a win against Des Hasler's star-studded Manly side.

"This competition is so unpredictable. Anyone can beat anyone," he told Sunday News.

"The Sea Eagles looked outstanding last week, so they are going to be very tough for the Warriors to beat, especially in Sydney.

"In saying that, I wouldn't write off the Warriors."

Soliola was nursing a sore head yesterday morning after finding himself on the end of a rampaging run from Warriors veteran Ruben Wiki.

"Ruben definitely rocked me. He put that little sly one on me," he said.

"It was definitely a physical, tough game. They made the most of their opportunities. They didn't stop fighting at all.

After the game, Soliola revealed the Roosters may let him postpone surgery so he can play for the Kiwis at the World Cup.

Soliola has a recurring hernia injury and it was suggested the club wanted him under the knife as early as this week.

Surgery would rule him out of Stephen Kearney's World Cup plans and Soliola says he would have to do what head coach Brad "Freddy" Fittler wanted.

"It's a week to week thing."

He said the hernia trouble had flared up again this year.

"It is a very tough situation. World Cups don't really come around often and I definitely want to play.

"That said, I have to put the Roosters first."

Soliola's team-mate Setaimata Sa could also be ruled out of the World Cup due to shoulder surgery.

"I'm not giving up hope yet but we have some very good players so I might not even get picked," Soliola said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7