Sea eagles mascot in sideline stoush

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Not sure anyone has mentioned this yet...around the 70 minute mark the crowd went up with a cheer and i noticed a security guard and the eagle mascot holding a fella who had jumped onto the field. The fella was throwing some punches at the mascot whilst being held and as more security rushed in the eagle mascot and the security guard had wrestled this bloke to the ground cause he was still throwing punches, and then the eagles mascot got on top of him and layed into him...one of the funniest things I've seen.

You hear Grant Goldman say on the ch9 telecast that the eagles mascot won by technical knockout...or something to that effect.

Did anyone see how it all started?

No but it was the biggest cheer of the night at the game. I was on the opposite side of the ground so only saw the finish and the offender taken away.

Wasn't shown on TV but wihs I'd seen it would have been hilarious!!

Onya Igor.....you'd make Hoppa proud.

Maybe Igor is worth a shot in the top 17, he has the necessary controlled aggression.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=181162.msg233575#msg233575 date=1248525984]

Probably the last time he'll be a mascot though.

Why's that?
[/quote]
Beause he'll cop a long suspension even with the early plea.

The showed a replay of the incident on Chanel 9 news up here last night, also showed Dessie bringing the mascot in and demonstrating (multiple right hooks) how he took care of the Drugcastle supporter...very amusing to say the least!!

byso link said:
Surely it's not in the mascots job description to handle security issues.

And it is not in his job description to get belted.  Security failed so he defended himself.  Should not be a issue. 

Garts link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=181162.msg233591#msg233591 date=1248561704]
Surely it's not in the mascots job description to handle security issues.

And it is not in his job description to get belted.  Security failed so he defended himself.  Should not be a issue. 
[/quote]

And in NRL news just to hand, Manly mascot Igor the Eagle can escape a one week suspension if he enters an early guilty plea on a charge of fighting during Friday's match against the Knights at Bluetonge. Igor became embroiled in a brutal fracas after being punched by a spectator who ran on the field at the 70 min mark.

Although Igor would not be stood down he would be treading a tightrope in the countdown to the finals because of carry-over points. Most experts agree Manly cannot win the comp without Igor in their corner.

Fox sport ch 513 showed the incident last night. They showed Igor walk into the dressing room without the eagle head on being cheered by all the players and Dessie, he then led them everyone into the club song.

Apparently the mascot works at fox sports and is a diehard Manly tragic. They did mention his name but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

What a classic  ;D

I know one of the news readers on Fox Sports is a Manly fan.  Younger bloke, maybe late 20's or 30's.  Can not think of his name though. 

The mascot used to be between 2 or 3 people a year or two ago but im not sure now. All volunteer their time of course and a manly tragics

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7