Sea Eagles likely to migrate south for opening week of finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele said:
So much for gaining an advantage for finishing 2nd. What a disgrace. Let's hope the Dragqueens keep losing so they finish 8th or even better 9th.

after last night saintss cant miss the semis. Saints would have to lose both games and souths and newcastle win both of their games to relegate saints to 9th. As souths have to play newcastle this cant happen. even if souths and newcastle drew it would leave them equal with saints who have a much better for and against

Kiwi Eagle said:
Warriors won't win another game and will come in 7th

Did you go to the refs meeting this week and find out that bit of information?

jbb/james said:
couldnt this be sorted by just supplying the higest ranked side a massive ticket allocation 48 hours before the other team gets a bite at them

That should happen. When the finals were at Brookie the seated members got a chance to buy their regular seats before tickets sales were opened up to everyone else. So all our members should get a chance to buy tickets before the opposition can.

I just think this is all a joke ! I believe Manly should be playing at Brookie in the finals, its rediculous ! Melbourne will play in Melbourne, Brisbane will play in Brisbane, depending on who finishes fourth, could either be North Queensland who will play in QLD and the Warriors who will play in NZ. So theoretically we finish 2nd and get the raw end of the deal out of all teams ! ''The home ground advantage'' and having a ''2nd chance'' are why you finish high in the regular season ! There would be nothing better for the NRL to have our final at Brookvale ! Thats why we go so hard during the season, we'll be disadvantaged if we play the dragons at the sfs or ANZ cause i gaurantee you now that there will be more Dragons supporters there !

Why cant this be a members night game ! Get the members in the gate for the first week of the finals ! Other supporting teams shouldnt get the advantage of being able to see their team play whilst finishing so lowly. Peeeeeeeeedddddd Offffffffff !!!!!

This is even more riduiculous if we play an out of town team in the 1st week of the semi finals. It would be unlikley that such a game would be a sellout at Brookvale.

Either way, we're diadvantaged. St Chokers or Tigers @ SFS/ANZ, there supporters will outnumber us pretty heavily and both clubs use the venues as home games during the regular season. Or we play the Warriors/Cowgirls @ SFS and half the stadium be empty!!! A packed house at Brookie against any of the above teams and its the advantage we deserve.

Meh, if the boys are good enough to win it all then they'll win first round of the finals no matter where/who we play.

At least we'll have a decent pre/post-match pub in the city.

MissKate said:
So all our members should get a chance to buy tickets before the opposition can.

I'm pretty sure as a member we get first dibs on the finals tickets, but ..... so do the members of which ever team we are playing.

So benefit for being a member, but not necessarily for being a Manly member.

Whilst i agree with the comment "if we're good enough we'll win anywhere", we shouldn't be faced with the possibility of playing a "home" semi where the fans might be 60/40 or 70/30 in favour of the team finishing 7th. Wasn't this one of the main reasons why the McIntyre system has been kept?

Agreed with the post which said that the home team (if not playing at their usual home ground) should be able to get a 2 day headstart in buying tickets.

Fonz said:
Just for my own interest, can a final game be played at bluetongue?

Nope - NRL have already dedicated city 'home' grounds for each team. Sydney teams will play out of ANZ or SFS.

No the NRL said smaller suburban grounds can't be used. If newcastle can use Ausgrid why can't someone use Bluetongue? If we end up playing St George, surely it would be beneficial for us to move the game as far away from the southern districts as possible.

Fonz said:
No the NRL said smaller suburban grounds can't be used. If newcastle can use Ausgrid why can't someone use Bluetongue? If we end up playing St George, surely it would be beneficial for us to move the game as far away from the southern districts as possible.

Knights aren't a Sydney team

If St Choke were smart they'd officially call themselves Illawarra and then be eligible to play at Wollongong - not that they have to worry about it this year.

Fonz said:
Just for my own interest, can a final game be played at bluetongue?

I did read somewhere the other day that our CEO and Coach were investigating possible alternatives to SFS/ANZ in the case that we ended up having to play Dragons or Tigers. Maybe Bluetongue was an option??

DVS Matt said:
Fonz said:

Knights aren't a Sydney team

No **** mate.

Sydney teams weren't told they had to use ANZ or SFS they were told they couldn't use our smaller suburban grounds. So my question is if Newcastle can use Ausgrid, North QLD can use Dairy Farmers and Canberra can use Canberra stadium why can't we play at Bluetongue?

Understand now?

I hate the headline! All Sydney teams knew at the start of the year that the sfs and Olympic stadium were for the finals. Of course we "have to migrate south" for the home final. Shoot the journo.

Re bluetongue, I think its capacity is around 20000, similar to brookie. The furore last year with kogarah was its small capacity, given there were twice as many people who wanted tickets than could fit in. The article is a deliberate beat up and a negative jibe at manly, stirring up troublesome debate unnecessarily.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6