Sea Eagles likely to migrate south for opening week of finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So much for gaining an advantage for finishing 2nd. What a disgrace. Let's hope the Dragqueens keep losing so they finish 8th or even better 9th.

The major advantage of finishing in the top 2 is the possibility of another lifeline in the event the team should lose the 1st game of the finals. So long as the Scum win their first game.

The draft was implemented, challenged and lost.Souths kicked out, challenged and lost. I dont know why the clubs dont challenge a few more of the NRL's policies. They dead set think they are above everyone.

If we do play the dragons i hope someone posts on the dragons website for all the supporters to bring their GF tickets with them and sell them to Manly fans after the loss. It could be a win/win

It is ridiculous having a "home city" semi final as an advantage for finishing in the top 4. If the NRL persist with this scheduling then they need to revert to the AFL top 8 system where the top 4 teams cannot be eliminated in week 1.

How would you feel if your team finishes 3rd or 4th, has to play 5th or 6th at their home ground, loses that game and are bundled out of the finals in week 1?

It could easily happen. What a great system...

Big deal. Finals are different. We have to win at the sfs and Olympic stadium to become premiers anyway. If we play a Sydney based team it will just make it a bigger and better atmosphere. The article is a crock, of course fans will travel, they have all year.

Yeah agree shoe1, too many if if ifs in that article. Lets just wait and see what pans out in next 2 weeks.

Manly's SFS appearances were awesome in 2007 and 2008 albeit playing against out of town teams. It was like a big version of Brookie Oval with english soccer-like Manly chants all night.

Still I reckon it will be same this time and Manly will beat whoever fronts up agsinst them. Bring it on

Won't be the same as a packed out Brookie (as I attended in 2007 V Souths).....but I agree a crock of ****....I seem to rememember in 2007 we also played the Cowgirls at SFS and whilst I didn't get down for that game there seemed to be a huge Manly crowd there on that day.....so I really can't see it will be any difference in 2011...although as with everyone else would MUCH prefer the first game to be at Brookvale.

couldnt this be sorted by just supplying the higest ranked side a massive ticket allocation 48 hours before the other team gets a bite at them

We should demand it be played at Brookie. The team win more there than they lose.

I hope we play the Cowboys or Warriors. Then there is a chance the NRL might move the game back to Brookie to save embarassment.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Warriors won't win another game and will come in 7th

That'd be alright, could be a repeat of 2008 when we pumped them at SFS for poor old Ruben Wiki's last game. If there is one team we have had the wood on over the last 5 years or so, it's the Warriors.

oh no, not the Dragons!! Mark, awesome crowd against cowboys at sfs, however dragons will outnumber us 10 to 1!!

I might get howled down, but for mine it just feels like a regular season game when it's played at Brookie. When it's played at SFS it's got that extra buzz, and you know it's finals time.
If were good enough wel win no matter where we play.

the mauler said:
I might get howled down, but for mine it just feels like a regular season game when it's played at Brookie. When it's played at SFS it's got that extra buzz, and you know it's finals time.
If were good enough wel win no matter where we play.

That's how I feel too mate. I'm glad it's at the SFS.

Darren said:
oh no, not the Dragons!! Mark, awesome crowd against cowboys at sfs, however dragons will outnumber us 10 to 1!!

We'll be outnumbered 50 to 1 at Suncorp (and have been in the past) and still won...if they are good enough they'll win, regardless of where it is.

As much as I love Brookvale, sadly it's just not up to scratch for a big game like this, we know it and so do the NRL

If we do play the dragons at the sfs then it will be a tough game but if we're going to win the comp then we must be able to beat any team at any venue.

Mark from Brisbane said:
As much as I love Brookvale, sadly it's just not up to scratch for a big game like this, we know it and so do the NRL

It's got nothing to do with 'not being up to scratch'. It's all about capacity.
Win Stadium, Kogarah and even Cronulla's home ground all have had vast amounts spent on them are are very comfortable suburban grounds. But none of them would be able to be used.

Although, it would seem that capacity doesn't matter for Cowboys, nor would it matter for Canberra if they ever made the top four.

I dislike the unfairness of the competition. This is just one of many advantages one-team-one-city clubs get.

That's true, asking the warriors fans who they want to play, and they say anybody but Manly. They would be happier traveling to Melbourne or Suncorp than playing us or the Cowboys

Chip and Chase said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Warriors won't win another game and will come in 7th

That'd be alright, could be a repeat of 2008 when we pumped them at SFS for poor old Ruben Wiki's last game. If there is one team we have had the wood on over the last 5 years or so, it's the Warriors.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6