Sea Eagles included in Labor policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
The ALP policy to build 10 new rugby league centres of excellence in NSW includes Manly! Will Baird respond??

KEY FACTS
Government funding for the Centres of Excellence will be determined on a case by case basis and subject to a business case and assessment of broader community benefits.
Ten Centres of Excellence identified by the NRL are linked to the following clubs: South Sydney Rabbitohs; St George Illawarra Dragons; Wests Tigers; Sydney Roosters; Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs; Newcastle Knights; Manly Warringah Sea Eagles; Cronulla Sharks; Penrith Panthers and the Parramatta Eels.

http://www.lukefoley.com.au/labor_to_support_nrl

Alas, if you had all responded positively and with fervour, it may have ended up on MIke's feed, and he may have felt compelled to match it somehow. This response above indicates that Baird can safely ignore the ALP campaign.

We're not out west where all the money goes, we're on the Northern Beaches and may as well be on another planet. That'll be the day when either party gives two hoots about Brookie!

We're not out west where all the money goes, we're on the Northern Beaches and may as well be on another planet. That'll be the day when either party gives two hoots about Brookie!
Well according to that policy document if Foley gets in we get our centre of excellence funded.

Well according to that policy document if Foley gets in we get our centre of excellence funded.
That's not actually what it says unfortunately. It's phrased so that all 10 areas get pumped up but it actually says funding will be "on a case by case basis" and the NRL had identified those 10 it doesn't mean they have to give it to those 10.

You all might want to read into it further. Its actually a clean way to give South Sydney their money without anyone else feeling like it's a stitch up. Anthony Albanese promised that, if Labor won the Federal election in 2013, Souths would get $20 million for their Centre Of Excellence. They lost. So, Labor in the state are now offering the same thing. However, to get other people to be happy, they'll say that every other club MIGHT get their centre, but it has to help the community. I guess on that point, Souths' one is the only one set to help the community. Poli-talk on both sides always amuses me, as do the stupid folk who believe it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6