1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Eagles home game possible move to Perth

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14

SEA Eagles fans could learn as early as today whether one of their home games will be moved from Brookvale Oval to Perth this season.
    Club officials have been involved in high-level negotiations about the possible shift and The Manly Daily understands an announcement is imminent.

Read the full article

2. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Not sure what he means about taking more games to Bluetongue this season? We have already played one there and can only play one more game away form home this year as per the football club approval?

3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / 57
    So it looks like the WA Govt who would fund this game want the Manly v Storm game but Manly may be trying to negotiate another game. I hope we dont lose the Storm game its one of the season highlights for all supporters.

4. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    If it means more money for manly to sign up our players and grow the sport, I'm for it, it's only one game and both teams are unfamiliar are with the atmosphere.

5. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Until Brookie is making the same amount of money that other grounds make for other clubs this is a going to be a reality

6. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    I take it to mean .... we play 10 games at Brookie, have already played one at Bogantongue, for the remaining game if it's not played in Perth, then it would be a second game at Bogantongue.

As for Perth, I understand the reasoning behind this option, and would like to go, but wish they would hurry up and confirm what is going on.

I have heard a rumour of the round being considered, and as of yesterday there were good flight and accomm deals for that w/end, so hurry up and let us know so those who want to go can make arrangements.

7. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    That might have to change in the future.

While we getting fair crowds at the moment. BT is better for corporate support
    Corporate support is at a low IMO considering we've just won a premiership and this is a concern at Brookie, someone put up how much Manly made from the Broncos game last year and the difference was astounding. Due to being a better place for corporate supporters.
    If the club doesn't do this eventually they won't be able to compete with the likes of the dogs etc.

8. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    My man tells me the Warriors game will be in Perth.

9. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    If true doesn't it prove that club try to
    Appease members and fAns while
    still gaining revenue streams for the club.

10. seaeagles4life

seaeagles4life Active Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    Id be happy with this means longer travel for the warriors too

11. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Can someone accurately tell me/us how much revenue we make at Bluetongue as opposed to a full house at Brookie?
    There were only 17,000 at the Tongue when we would have packed Brookie with at least 20,000 (had the ground been available).
    But in order for we plebs to make a rational judgement on the value of taking home games away (and lessening our chances of two competition points) we need to know actual figures.
    To date we've only had spin and motherhood statements.

12. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    $100k plus the gate takings from memory

13. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Is that $100,000 more than we make at Brookie? If so it doesn't seem much to me in the overall scheme of things. It wouldn't even pay for T-Rex's left leg!

14. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Mate, looks like you've unburied your bone.
    Like I've said previously, no one from the MWSE owes anyone here any financial figures, profit and loss, gate takings ect and if you're unhappy with games being taken away the simple solution is for you to front up with the cash difference (100 odd K) to keep the game at Brookvale.
    You whinged like a stuck pig when this was all still just a possibility.
    You also told the club to leave the Melb game at Brookvale (which now looks be the case) and also claimed that the Sea Eagles can pretty much take any game away, except for the Storm game.
    But amazingly, now that you hear about the potential for the rnd 21 Warriors clash to be brought to Perth, you dead set whinge again.

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    I personally dont mind if we play teh warriors at perth. They have a pretty good record at brookie from memory.
    games I dont want taken away from brookvale are
    Parra
    dogs
    dragons
    melbourne