Sea Eagles home game possible move to Perth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

SEA Eagles fans could learn as early as today whether one of their home games will be moved from Brookvale Oval to Perth this season.
Club officials have been involved in high-level negotiations about the possible shift and The Manly Daily understands an announcement is imminent.

Read the full article

Not sure what he means about taking more games to Bluetongue this season? We have already played one there and can only play one more game away form home this year as per the football club approval?

So it looks like the WA Govt who would fund this game want the Manly v Storm game but Manly may be trying to negotiate another game. I hope we dont lose the Storm game its one of the season highlights for all supporters.

If it means more money for manly to sign up our players and grow the sport, I'm for it, it's only one game and both teams are unfamiliar are with the atmosphere.

Until Brookie is making the same amount of money that other grounds make for other clubs this is a going to be a reality

tookey said:
Not sure what he means about taking more games to Bluetongue this season? We have already played one there and can only play one more game away form home this year as per the football club approval?

I take it to mean .... we play 10 games at Brookie, have already played one at Bogantongue, for the remaining game if it's not played in Perth, then it would be a second game at Bogantongue.

As for Perth, I understand the reasoning behind this option, and would like to go, but wish they would hurry up and confirm what is going on.

I have heard a rumour of the round being considered, and as of yesterday there were good flight and accomm deals for that w/end, so hurry up and let us know so those who want to go can make arrangements.

tookey said:

That might have to change in the future.

While we getting fair crowds at the moment. BT is better for corporate support
Corporate support is at a low IMO considering we've just won a premiership and this is a concern at Brookie, someone put up how much Manly made from the Broncos game last year and the difference was astounding. Due to being a better place for corporate supporters.
If the club doesn't do this eventually they won't be able to compete with the likes of the dogs etc.

bob dylan said:
My man tells me the Warriors game will be in Perth.
If true doesn't it prove that club try to
Appease members and fAns while
still gaining revenue streams for the club.

Can someone accurately tell me/us how much revenue we make at Bluetongue as opposed to a full house at Brookie?
There were only 17,000 at the Tongue when we would have packed Brookie with at least 20,000 (had the ground been available).
But in order for we plebs to make a rational judgement on the value of taking home games away (and lessening our chances of two competition points) we need to know actual figures.
To date we've only had spin and motherhood statements.

The Who said:
Can someone accurately tell me/us how much revenue we make at Bluetongue as opposed to a full house at Brookie?
There were only 17,000 at the Tongue when we would have packed Brookie with at least 20,000 (had the ground been available).
But in order for we plebs to make a rational judgement on the value of taking home games away (and lessening our chances of two competition points) we need to know actual figures.

$100k plus the gate takings from memory

eagles2win said:
The Who said:

$100k plus the gate takings from memory

Is that $100,000 more than we make at Brookie? If so it doesn't seem much to me in the overall scheme of things. It wouldn't even pay for T-Rex's left leg!

Mate, looks like you've unburied your bone.
Like I've said previously, no one from the MWSE owes anyone here any financial figures, profit and loss, gate takings ect and if you're unhappy with games being taken away the simple solution is for you to front up with the cash difference (100 odd K) to keep the game at Brookvale.
You whinged like a stuck pig when this was all still just a possibility.
You also told the club to leave the Melb game at Brookvale (which now looks be the case) and also claimed that the Sea Eagles can pretty much take any game away, except for the Storm game.
But amazingly, now that you hear about the potential for the rnd 21 Warriors clash to be brought to Perth, you dead set whinge again.

I personally dont mind if we play teh warriors at perth. They have a pretty good record at brookie from memory.
games I dont want taken away from brookvale are
Parra
dogs
dragons
melbourne

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4