Sea Eagles fight to keep spiritual home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
The original deed of gift prohibits the council from selling it. The only hope is to move it into a State Managed trust.

So if they are prohibited from selling it, that means it is only occupied by pooches on leads in the future if Manly move to another ground, and they are prohibited from selling it for re-development (an earlier comment said the council would like to line their pockets)?

I don't know the facts, just curious.

However, it could be a good move (if selling is allowed) for Kapersky to purchase the ground and set-up a research and development lab on-site, with a clause that it must be maintained as a football ground and not on-sold). The Ruskies are buying up soccer teams, so why not a league team? A win-win?

The council are never gonna look after us, so we need too.We need to get a regular 18K at Brooky and only then will we see an upgrade to facilities and support from the council.

If not we could take a few games to the SFS or SCG and we should take a game to SE QLD as we always get a good crowd.

If, as stated, the Councillors are anti-Manly, anti-Brookvale Oval, then the only option is to change Councillors. Local Government elections are a joke. Ratepayers vote for people they have no idea of what they represent.
Therefore, the club and the fans must put together a ticket of people willing to stand who are pro-Brookie. Then, put some money into flyers, PR, ads, editorials etc. to gather support. It doesn't take too many votes to get elected to local council.

I've replied to this many times but here we go again, if we can get funding Brookie is by far the best option. Cam, you never comment or like when I write positive things which is by far the majority of my 3000 posts. Recently, everything has been fine by me but again, no mention by you? Your mention of me "waiting" is terribly wrong. I just don't feel the need to type something everyday.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Cronulla own their ground plus the land surrounding it . I think the council may be open to the idea of selling Brooky
And Cronulla lead a hand to mouth existence from one season to the next. What do you think the rateable value of the Brookvale Park land would be from year to year, for starters?

We've only seen only a one sided viewpoint presented in that article. I'm no great fan of the current Warringah Council, but perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt, vis a vis the SMH article and what is actually happening behind the scenes? You may be surprised. One thing is for certain, I do think the Club needs to be prepared to pay a higher rent as it hasn't been increased for years and clearly the current rental contribution isn't enough.. Secondly, the Council should proceed with selling naming rights and use a portion (at least) of that money towards annual maintenance. A return to having a full time Brookvale Oval groundsman would be a good start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6