1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Eagles Fan Day @ Warringah Mall

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, May 26, 2012.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    For the locals:

Sea Eagles Fan Day Presented by Warringah Mall & 2UE
    This is what you have all been waiting for, Sea Eagles Fan Day is just around the corner!
    On Sunday June 3 from 1-3pm, the defending Premiers will be at Centre Stage Warringah Mall.
    This is a great opportunity to meet your favourite Sea Eagles players.
    There will be performances from the Manly Sea Birds and face painters (from midday) for the kids.
    Come down and rub shoulders with fellow Sea Eagles fans and be entertained by the Mascots and Manly legend Paul "Fatty" Vautin.
    Let's turn Warringah Mall into a sea of maroon and white!

(from manlyseaeagles.com.au)

2. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    RE: Sea Eagles Fan Day @ Warringah Mall this Sunday

BTTT

3. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5

Just back from the Fan Day and that was awesome!! Got autographs and spoke to most of the players (with a few exceptions), many about their injuries and future, and they were all so generous and friendly. Noticeable absentees - Choc and T-Rex.

Darrell Williams did well as compere and then we got lots of photos at the end. Wished them all the best for the Storm game.

Despite the bad weather, struggle for parking, getting horribly lost and then the long queues, it was all definitely worth it!!

Many thanks and well done to all involved. :D

4. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80

A bit squashy there in the library but the players very professional, i also took a few photos how funny is wolfie in person.

5. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9

Library?
    I was down there around one thirty but assumed i'd missed it. I thought it would be at the food court stage bit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2

Yep, another well run fan day, congrats to the club and players. It never ceases to amaze me how good natured all the players are in person. None of them ever looked agitated or disinterested and they were smiling the whole time.

Choc is up in FNQLD and I never expected to see T-Rex although Darcy was there and happy to chat. Couldn't get near the table with Brett (as usual), still arguably the most popular player in the club. Daniel Harrison had a smile from ear to ear all afternoon but sitting next to Wolfie you'd expect that. Vic Mauro is massive. Jason King is a big bloke but sitting next to Vic.... he must carry around a couple of dumbells with him!

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103

Vic wouldn't be more than five foot 10. I see him at Cromer Golf Course occasionally. He's broad, but not tall. He must seem bigger when seated.

8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,784 / 58

sounds good and thanks for posting how it went guys and gals.

Do you think t-rex may have signed elsewhere and thought maybe he shouldn't come along? (tin foil hat)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,097 / 286

Most players are a lot bigger in person then they look on television. Watmough is a monster in the flesh (massive shoulders) - one scary man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2

Yes I know what you mean but I wasn't referring to overall height because Jason King is obviously taller than Vic. Seeing King on TV he looks really big (and is) but with Vic sitting next to him and never really seeing him close up before... it was just an observation.

Another one I'll mention is Brent Kite, really engaging with the kids and got them to interact with him. A lot of the kids I saw were a bit star struck with some of the others but he genuinely talked to them and I'm sure they loved it.

The one I wish we could have had time to line up to see was Brett but his table was too popular.... anyway lots of good pics.

11. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66

Would suggest it was rehab or similar - would like to see if there are the same q's about choc..

12. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,784 / 58

choc's was answered already.

13. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80

It had to be moved from the food court due to the rain duff.I had to ask people dressed in supporters gear where it had moved to.

14. Dee Why Eagle

Dee Why Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331 / 4

Conditions too overcrowded but great opportunity for the kids to get their idols signature.
    Great friendly attitude displayed by all manly players.
    Hate to single anyone out but this is not the first time we have met Brent Kite and each time he has behaved as a perfect gentleman and has been extremely welcoming toward our children.
    Thanks to the whole Manly team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130

Brent Kite is such an asset to our club.

A credit to us, himself and his family.

I am a big fan, what he did on 5 October 2008 was amazing. I fear age is creeping up on him but to have a guy like this around the club must be a huge advantage.

16. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53

Yes bob kitey is a terrific guy and since king dogs absence he has stepped up to the plate however he lacks the consistency of the past. I reckon he is now more suited to a bench role although I am not sure who can replace him in starting line up.

17. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7

Good video on the Fan Day is up on the club's site:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-fan-day-video/56757

18. Eaglette Fan

Eaglette Fan Active Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    Sea Eagles Fan Day

I have just watched the Manly TV on the Sea Eagles Fan Day (link below), and it leaves a warm fuzzy feeling to cherish. A strong fan club means a strong club.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/sea-eagles-tv