Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey says he is no Des Hasler clone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
GO ahead. Make the Des Hasler comparisons. Geoff Toovey doesn't mind.

Tell him that he doesn't appear to be overcome with the same rage during a match as Hasler - with headphones and hair and the colourful language of a wharfie being sprayed all over the coach's box - and Toovey happily concedes.

Read the full article

I'm glad he's not a Des clone, prefer him to be his own man. Tooves never gave an inch on the field and I assume he'll take that same philosphy into the coaching box. His style will suit some players and maybe not others, as did Des's. Let him do his thing.

"This is the same club, the same culture, the same passion that was here when I played."
God i love this club. You can't buy what we have, you can't manufacture it out of a franchise, you can't package it up and sell it out of another town or stadium. We are Manly Sea Eagles out of Brookvale Oval that can never change or we will lose our culture. **** off Richardson you clown suburban football MUST NEVER DIE.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
GO ahead. Make the Des Hasler comparisons. Geoff Toovey doesn't mind.

Tell him that he doesn't appear to be overcome with the same rage during a match as Hasler - with headphones and hair and the colourful language of a wharfie being sprayed all over the coach's box - and Toovey happily concedes.

Read the full article
Toovey is not a Hasler clone. Just consider his language to start with. His words are much more considered, diplomatic and engaging.However the effect of his coaching is still unclear.We will have to wait and see if the Manly team can forge an approach that defines the Toovey era and is not one that is a carry over from the previous coaching regime.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6