Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey fails on Tony Williams tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Problem is that opposing teams have worked the big man out. They make him work in defense and sap his petrol.

He is not the only non 80 minute in player in our team. Choc, Ballin and Gift in the forwards are the exception.

Oneyeagle said:
Problem is that opposing teams have worked the big man out. They make him work in defense and sap his petrol.

He is not the only non 80 minute in player in our team. Choc, Ballin and Gift in the forwards are the exception.

T-Rex's lack of involvement has nothing to do with energy levels, its more to do with laziness. I reckon he probably made more tough runs on Friday night than he had before, he actually made a few runs when we needed him to. He usually just hangs wide and waits for the ball to get to him.

Statistics are a lazy way to Measure a player.

Two players make similar yardage. One excels when you're up 18 nil, the other burrows into it when it's 12 all with 10 to go.

Two players make similar tackle counts. One sits an opponent flat on his @rse with his head spinninh when things are going against us and turns the whole tide of the game.

Statistics tell you very little other than who is good at keeping their stats up.

Fluffy said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I'm sure that when he moved him to the forwards, Des had him playing 80mins as well barring injury like in the grand final

Rothfield couldn't coach a turd out of his arse and into the toilet
Last year:
GF 47 mins, 7 runs for 40m, 12 tackles
PF 80 mins, 11 runs for 80m, 13 tackles, 1 offload, 1 penalty
SF 80 mins, 15 runs for 128m, 24 tackles, 1 offload, 1 error
Rd26, 59mins off bench, 11 runs, 13 tackles, 1 offlaod, 1 linebreak, 1 error
Every previous game to rd 22 he came off the bench, thats when he returned from injury

This year for comparison:
SF 80 mins, 18 runs for 154m, 15 tackles, 2 offloads, 1 linebreak, 3 errors
Rd26 80 mins, 12 runs for 118m, 9 tackles, 1 offload, 1 error
Rd25 80mins, 15 runs for 132m, 23 tackles, 1 offlaod, 1 error

This Rothfield bloke is red hot isn't he? He has been deathriding Manly all season, clobbering the Club over Hasler's departure as if it's all the Club's fault, insinuating that there would be a mass exodus of players etc.

Overlaid with that has been a season disrupted by injuries to key players, a lengthy suspension or two, a high representative commitment, the club challenge and Toovey having to rebuild the coaching staff at relatively short notice.

And yet here they are still alive with a chance of going back-to-back. How many other clubs could done as well under the circumstances? Not many.

And we do know where he gets his " inside informant " from don't we, a certain former employee who shall remain nameless!!!!

Wow! A supercoach right under our noses. Poor form from P plate Perry!! Should have signed Rotfield as soon as Hasler left.

Why are we wasting time with Toovs when we have Supercoach Buzz around?

On a serious note, mate you're a ****ing journalist, you only get to write about stars, you aren't and never will be one.

bigswifty said:
Statistics are a lazy way to Measure a player.

Two players make similar yardage. One excels when you're up 18 nil, the other burrows into it when it's 12 all with 10 to go.

Two players make similar tackle counts. One sits an opponent flat on his @rse with his head spinninh when things are going against us and turns the whole tide of the game.

Statistics tell you very little other than who is good at keeping their stats up.

Fluffy said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I'm sure that when he moved him to the forwards, Des had him playing 80mins as well barring injury like in the grand final

Rothfield couldn't coach a turd out of his arse and into the toilet
Last year:
GF 47 mins, 7 runs for 40m, 12 tackles
PF 80 mins, 11 runs for 80m, 13 tackles, 1 offload, 1 penalty
SF 80 mins, 15 runs for 128m, 24 tackles, 1 offload, 1 error
Rd26, 59mins off bench, 11 runs, 13 tackles, 1 offlaod, 1 linebreak, 1 error
Every previous game to rd 22 he came off the bench, thats when he returned from injury

This year for comparison:
SF 80 mins, 18 runs for 154m, 15 tackles, 2 offloads, 1 linebreak, 3 errors
Rd26 80 mins, 12 runs for 118m, 9 tackles, 1 offload, 1 error
Rd25 80mins, 15 runs for 132m, 23 tackles, 1 offlaod, 1 error

Numbers dont lie, they just make fools out of people. Sure they dont tell you everything but they are objective, not subjective like the dribble in this thread.

If you read the post before mine above they say played 80 minutes every games at the back end of the season, the truth is 2/8 games.

and at another comment that he is lazy, not tired, i suggest you get to a game and watch (stuff you dont see on camera), every game about 30 - 35 mins in Trex is sucking in the big ones bent over hands on knees every chance he gets, he is big time fatigued.

Play him for 2 25 - 30 minnute periods and you will see the Trex you want

I'd start with Smokin Joe and Trex from the bench. Start Choc on the edge in Trexs place and let Joe smash it up the middle.

Bring Trex on after 20, hel then get the ht break to have a breather. Then leave him on for entire second half with plenty of petrol in the tank.

Would also like Tooves to utilize Ferris alot more in the backrow on the fringes where ge can do some damage with his footwork.

Ive always wondered... what is the go with the tele against Manly? what the hell has Manly ever done to rothfield and the tele? i used to think it was only Paul Kent that loved to hate us but its like they are all on the bandwagon now (this year especially)

So no mention of Lyon being injured which forces an interchange to play 60 mins in the centres which limits flexibility with subs.
No mention that She Rex's errors were from trying to fend with the arm carrying the ball - do dumb play, poor ball - as if Hasler wouldn't try to exploit that.
Failing to cover Keatings kick is laziness and lack of awareness/intensity for mine.
It always amazes me that Journos know more about coaching and playing than the coaches and players

T Rex's lack of urgency in covering Keating's kick was a key moment. Manly spent years re-building his running style from the ground up due to some underlying back/hamstring problems but it still looks quite awkward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7