Sea Eagles chairman: "Tragedy" if Watmough leaves club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
FFS it's time to let the Gifty departure go. There is nothing that can now be done, it's spilt milk for crying out loud.

Maybe they have learnt from the Gifty departure and are trying to do everything they can not to repeat it.

Carrying on about just feeds the media TROLLS!!!!

ENOUGH ALL READY!!!!!!!!

As long as I'm not breaking any of Dan's site rules, I'll post about what I want, when I want. Thanks.

niccipops said:
I agree with @bones that it a tragedy (in a footy context) that G.Stewie is leaving. I can't stand the thought of him wearing a bunnies jersey.

Although, I can see the difficult position the club was in with the salary cap and future retention plan.

As @simon64 pointed out, Greenturd and the other idiots could have stepped in and stopped this from happening.
We have to remember that the Manly club pleaded their case to the NRL re. this matter.

As a female supporter my brain is more emotional than analytical and as unrealistic as it is, I want to hang on to all our legends forever, as they are forever part of our last decade of success.

Time to send Gift out with a trophy.
No Greenburg is too busy helping the Titans get K hunt back to league,they must have forgotten about the salary cap problems they already have there,then again,they are in Qld so they can do what ever they want up there

It seems that many threads over the past 6 months have some link to each other-whether it be Chock-Weilder- Nein-Gifty leaving-Keiran and the footy show or coffee shop conversations-Snake being disgruntled etc.

To me,one thing is very clear in all the opinions-and that is our fans are passionate, love their footy team,enjoy being recognised as our having the club that everyone else envies and are as proud as punch for all the individual players and player legends that have made us what we are.

I say to the fans,thanks guys and gals,respect eveyones opinions and that unfortunatley the rules as they stand can't allow us to build long term dynasties with the same players.Watched my first game live in 72 and never wanted anyone to leave.

I say to the players- thanks guys,respect your club and fans and if you do have to move on-do it with dignity and let the culture that you contributed to be your legacy rather than the dramas that leaving can create

Kitey,Beaver take a bow,your legacy remains and still contributes to our team.

Go Manly

Go manly said:
It seems that many threads over the past 6 months have some link to each other-whether it be Chock-Weilder- Nein-Gifty leaving-Keiran and the footy show or coffee shop conversations-Snake being disgruntled etc.

To me,one thing is very clear in all the opinions-and that is our fans are passionate, love their footy team,enjoy being recognised as our having the club that everyone else envies and are as proud as punch for all the individual players and player legends that have made us what we are.

I say to the fans,thanks guys and gals,respect eveyones opinions and that unfortunatley the rules as they stand can't allow us to build long term dynasties with the same players.Watched my first game live in 72 and never wanted anyone to leave.

I say to the players- thanks guys,respect your club and fans and if you do have to move on-do it with dignity and let the culture that you contributed to be your legacy rather than the dramas that leaving can create

Go Manly

Well said.

Unless I have missed something, and that is very possible, I think Glenn is trying to leave with dignity.

It's the fans and media that keep bringing his situation up. I don't recall him being quoted at all running the club or teammates down.

Like I say, I could be wrong.

bones said:
Ralphie said:
FFS it's time to let the Gifty departure go. There is nothing that can now be done, it's spilt milk for crying out loud.

Maybe they have learnt from the Gifty departure and are trying to do everything they can not to repeat it.

Carrying on about just feeds the media TROLLS!!!!

ENOUGH ALL READY!!!!!!!!

As long as I'm not breaking any of Dan's site rules, I'll post about what I want, when I want. Thanks.

Well I guess that is the attitude that a certain Greek lives by with the media too.

Brookie said:
Jethro said:
It was revealed that Narrabeen Sharks product has been

Read More

i know he's getting on, but he's far from a has been...

LOL. I must have missed that bit. :D

That was how it was written in the original Manly Daily article too but anyway, it's been fixed now. It's not the only bit of editing that I had to do either. The section posted in the Silvertails article that says:

"Watmough has added so much to the winning culture at Manly no one would really like to see him leave.”

Watmough’s current contract expires at the end of next year and he set to earn $950,000 in 2015."

was originally and still is in the Manly Daily as:

"Watmough’s current contract much to the winning culture at Manly no one would really like to see him leave.”

expires at the end of next year and he set to earn $950,000 in 2015."

which didn't make sense.

mozgrame said:
Go manly said:

Go Manly

Well said.

Unless I have missed something, and that is very possible, I think Glenn is trying to leave with dignity.

It's the fans and media that keep bringing his situation up. I don't recall him being quoted at all running the club or teammates down.

Like I say, I could be wrong.

No Moz
you are exactly right-didn't mention gifty in the same as Beaver or Kitey cause he has not left us yet and I think his dignity has already shone through as it will with Kingy-
Our club will be sronger because of them

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4