Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly will push for more Sunday arvo games at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"At the moment we are certainly in good dialogue with the council and that is continuing and we are hopeful that going forward we can resolve that situation and come to a fair market value.”

“Our core activity is putting on games of football and they have to be profitable for us to do what we do in all other aspects of the business including putting the playing personnel on the field.”

Don't you just love CEO speak - good dialogue, going forward, market value, core activity, other aspects of the business, playing personnel...

Yes, I know it's the NRL but he's talking about the F%$king MWRLFC

Faark.

Playing personnel ? - please Mr Kelly, call them "the team", they are representatives of the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Don't get me wrong, he looks like he's meeting the KPI's and ticking all the boxes which is great but it seems like he's in the business of herding cats whereas he should be aiming for core competency, being more client centric and hyperlocal. Could also value-add the game day experience with content marketing which could greatly enhance the B2C experience and in turn the ROI and sustainability of the club ( whoops, I mean business).

Note: This post is buzzword compliant.
Ha ha ha.love it these marketing buzz words are now getting me hyped up. Gotta get a sale.

Oh the cynicism. Don't you know that amongst Joe's plans for the ground is a pie and booze outlet at the top of the new 15,000-seat hill stand? It will be called the 'Pie in the Sky Bar'. Pie in the Sky is coincidentally the name selected for the new stadium. One of the bar's neighbours will be a BBQ pork ribs concession called, 'Pigs might Fly'.

Meanwhile, the $10 million allocated to the ground from the Commonwealth is sitting in a short-term a/c somewhere, earning interest. That money could fix a lot of the 'here and now' problems at Brookvale Oval.

Last edited:
I wonder if the profit/loss includes membership 'fees" that Re paid for seating or ground access? Probably half the ground don't actually pay to come into the ground as it is part of their membership package

SImple maths shows this is creative accounting driving some agenda.

45K to rent, 15K crowd = $3 per person towards the rent.

Where is the other $20 plus per person going? Seems there is more opportunity there.

Even if you halved the cost of rental that will only equal 20K per game or 200K per year improvement, not exactly huge numbers considering the crowd on Sunday alone brought in more income in that 1 game.

That refurb is scheduled to begin on the 12th of never.
No government body, be it local, state or federal has any intention of building a modern stadium at Brookvale.

They are too busy pumping money into WIN, Parramatta, Kogarah or Penrith.

Pretty much anywhere as long as it's not to the benefit of Manly.
I would not be holding my breath about Brooky being fixed up, this just drags on and on. I think if we do not see something commenced in the next 12 months then long term our club will be forced to play at SFS or Gosford more and more.

Can someone please tell me when the so called "refurb" is happening to Brooky?
I've been hearing of it for years but we never seem to hear anything concrete (builing pun unintended).

I was at Brooky again on Sunday and although it was great, better facilities I'm sure would attract a better crowd. The place ran out of that crap stuff they tried to call food just after half time my son had to settle on some half cooked soggy hot chips. He didn't mind though because we won.
Go ask Tony Abbott and Mike Baird WTF they are doing about it other than nothing.

Pay $45k a game to play at Brookie or receive $100k a game to play at ANZ.

Not rocket science where we will eventually end up as the owners won't put up with forking out to cover $1.5m losses for too long.

They will probably run buses direct from the leagues club to the ground and back again

SImple maths shows this is creative accounting driving some agenda.

45K to rent, 15K crowd = $3 per person towards the rent.

Where is the other $20 plus per person going? Seems there is more opportunity there.

Even if you halved the cost of rental that will only equal 20K per game or 200K per year improvement, not exactly huge numbers considering the crowd on Sunday alone brought in more income in that 1 game.
$45k is only for the rent. Plus the club would have to pay wages for security and staff to look after the gates, stands etc.

You can't take Brookie away from manly!! Just like I believe belmore should have never been taken away from the mutts.. If this does come to fruition I call all manly fans to a protest !!!! You can't have a northern beaches team playing at Gosford!!

Please be SFS, not Gosford!!!!
If we are to shift games away from Brooky it has to be SFS rather than Gosford, going up there is one big hassle especially a night game. Warringah council are not likely to budge and the club has to look at alternatives to be a viable entity moving forward. There is no way we can afford to keep running up debt like the last season.

$45k is only for the rent. Plus the club would have to pay wages for security and staff to look after the gates, stands etc.

Exactly - our debt is not primarialy due to council fees the majority of the costs is incurred elsewhere and would be the same at any ground.

Saving 200K is unlikely to make or break Manly and you would lose more than that in reduced crowd numbers and the flow one if we move.

"At the moment we are certainly in good dialogue with the council and that is continuing and we are hopeful that going forward we can resolve that situation and come to a fair market value.”

“Our core activity is putting on games of football and they have to be profitable for us to do what we do in all other aspects of the business including putting the playing personnel on the field.”

Don't you just love CEO speak - good dialogue, going forward, market value, core activity, other aspects of the business, playing personnel...

Yes, I know it's the NRL but he's talking about the F%$king MWRLFC

Faark.

Playing personnel ? - please Mr Kelly, call them "the team", they are representatives of the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Don't get me wrong, he looks like he's meeting the KPI's and ticking all the boxes which is great but it seems like he's in the business of herding cats whereas he should be aiming for core competency, being more client centric and hyperlocal. Could also value-add the game day experience with content marketing which could greatly enhance the B2C experience and in turn the ROI and sustainability of the club ( whoops, I mean business).

Note: This post is buzzword compliant.

Would you rather him speak like Steve Sharp?

On Sunday the Hill and standing areas were close to full, yet there were plenty of vacant seats in the various grandstands. Undercover seating is only needed in inclement weather. We Hillites will sit/stand anywhere if the game promises to be a good one.
I used to love the hill but now I only go to games where I can get a reserved seat - old bones. So there really does need to be plenty of both for me.

I get there are are multitude of other costs on game day, but how are we, “On a number of games we are not even covering the hiring fee,”? The article claims the hire costs are $45,000 per game, at $20 a head we need a crowd of 2,250 to cover that. Average crowd this year is 10,000 (round figures), so ticket sales are generating $200,000 per game, leaving over $150,000 plus food and merch sales, to cover other costs. I've no idea what the other costs entail, but if there coming to more than $150,000, maybe we need to look at those areas.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4