Sea Eagles cash in by making a profit for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The other thing we forget for Monday nights is it slowly trains many to stop going or becoming slowly used to staying home and watching it on the tele instead!!

Darren said:
The other thing we forget for Monday nights is it slowly trains many to stop going or becoming slowly used to staying home and watching it on the tele instead!!

Like you Darren?

Sheikheagle said:
Darren said:

Like you Darren?

Bwahahaha. lol gold.

Yes, definitely me Sheik as impossible to get from Southern Highlands school to Northern Sydney on a Monday night.

Not really. I did it in 2010 for a Monday night game.
I was working at Corrmial
Left there at 3:10pm got to brookvale at 6;30pm after dropping home at narrabeen to get showered and changed.

So it's not impossible at all @darren

Guess it just comes down to how much as a supporter you want to be there

totally agree Cam but can't leave at 3.10 as meetings etc and expectations to stay back. I do admit I have dropped off as last 3 years completed a Masters and this year completed an experienced teacher accreditation course that took 9 months and was 250 pages long. Hoping I can get the love of going to games again next year as won't have courses to complete.

Pity we dont get funds from the finals. I reckon manly fans need a big thank you from the nrl from the $$ we forked out to attend FOUR finals matches this year. And we travelled to them. Myth busted.

Anyone know what our average crowd attendance at Brookie was this year and how it compared to other teams and to previous years (particularly the last few years)? I'd expect crowds were down this year so it's an even better result that we were able to turn a profit.

Rodo said:
Anyone know what our average crowd attendance at Brookie was this year and how it compared to other teams and to previous years (particularly the last few years)? I'd expect crowds were down this year so it's an even better result that we were able to turn a profit.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2013.html

Quite a good result - 13,800 ave. at Brookie, considering very few matches were on our peak Sunday afternoons.
Interesting to see how the once powerful St George Army has deserted its team - down to 12,400 ave at home.

Manly/NRL needs to get on board with this ASAP!

Virgin has 20% Discount AFL Game Day Packages - including travel+accommodation+seat at game :idea:

http://www.anygameanywhere.com.au/?RRID=34802363&RMID=VM_20131031_AGAWSale_LITE&cmpid=VM_20131031_AGAWSale_FULL_banner_no1

HappilyManly said:
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2013.html

Looking at the stats, it looks like Manly's average home ground attendance was passable this year. Not great but considering everyone says Manly does not have many supporters, they were better than a number of other Sydney teams who supposedly have a better fan base.

At Brookie, Manly's attendances were on par with that in 2012. In the last 5 years the average crowd has been in the 13000's.

The bad Thursday night before Easter scheduling up at Bluetongue against the Tigers hurt us crowd wise. Not sure why we got the fairly poor crowd against the Warriors at Bluetongue on a Sunday arvo... perhaps it's time to play another home game in QLD, NZ or WA?

TokyoEagle said:
COMMANDER said:
Even more impressive given the amount of Monday games we play

Clubs that hold Monday games get a 'Monday Loading' paid by the NRL to compensate for the low crowd numbers. If your team was to draw a good crowd, it could actually give you a pretty decent profit.

I don't believe the club are paid compensation for the MFN games, I think the monies are only for advertising and discounted tickets. The clubs do not actually receive any benefit to the financial bottom line per se

excellent result, considering everything. And especially considering this was our lowest average home crowd since 2004!

Probably the difference being Toovey for Hasler and a tighter training budget that exploded under Hasler pushed us into profit territory, hopefully not creative accounting to push for pay rises in the near future.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6