Sea Eagles board election heats up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
“We don’t have a ticket and will stand as life members with no political agendas.” Peters said.

sure you dont.

“some members with double family figure members.”

Please explain ?

I'd like to see what these guys are offering besides keeping the dirty laundry in the boardroom. Be nice to get someone in there who can wash the dirty laundry !!

“I want to create stability in the club, that is the major factor and to make sure all our washing is left to dry inside the boardroom and not outside the boardroom,” he said.

He said he (Max) and Darrell Williams, who recently joined the football club board, were aiming for ex-players to have more involvement in the club.

If they were elected and were able to achieve this that would be a great thing!! Max is a club ornament and one of my all-time favourite players. I will be watching their comments carefully in order to consider the vote carefully.

Chip and Chase said:

Please explain ?
I think this is implying that certain families have multiple members registered as Members. This with the three year membership before voting stipulations is suggested as a 'gerrymander', though equally it could be said it protects the club from a hostile takeover!!

Hard to argue with the idea of ex-players being on the board of the Football Club. Sophistication may not be their strong suit, but no-one could fault these men's commitment to Manly.

I agree with C & C, the dirty washing policy needs a bit of tinkering...

I think I'm eligible to vote, should be a fun election campaign.

SEA EAGLES life members Peter Peters and Max Krilich yesterday formally announced their candidacy for this month's Manly football club elections with a promise to "stop the bleeding".

The revelation comes a day after The Daily Telegraph revealed recycle and waste company United Management Resources was poised to make a $5.5 million takeover bid of the embattled club.

Peters and Krilich are close mates but will run independently and not on an official ticket. Nominations for the election closed yesterday.

The football club own 13.11 per cent of the Manly Sea Eagles. They have a seven-man board with two representatives then moving on to the powerful seven-member Sea Eagles' board.

There will be a concerted push to oust football club chairman Bob Reilly, the man who, ironically, was behind Peters' sacking last month.

If Peters is successful, it is then expected he will run in the leagues club elections in February where he will again target chairman Reilly.

Manly godfather Ken Arthurson has supported the move from Peters and Krilich.

Peters returns from an overseas holiday on Thursday but confirmed to The Daily Telegraph via text yesterday that he would run for the football club elections: "I have decided to nominate as has Max Krilich."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-legends-peter-peters-and-max-krilich-to-stand-for-board/story-e6frexnr-1226181848361

Canteen Worker said:
“I want to create stability in the club, that is the major factor and to make sure all our washing is left to dry inside the boardroom and not outside the boardroom,” he said.

He said he (Max) and Darrell Williams, who recently joined the football club board, were aiming for ex-players to have more involvement in the club.

If they were elected and were able to achieve this that would be a great thing!! Max is a club ornament and one of my all-time favourite players. I will be watching their comments carefully in order to consider the vote carefully.

Chip and Chase said:

Please explain ?
I think this is implying that certain families have multiple members registered as Members. This with the three year membership before voting stipulations is suggested as a 'gerrymander', though equally it could be said it protects the club from a hostile takeover!!

Its easy to stabilise the clubb board, vote blindly with Whatever Penn wants which is exactly what uncle Peter is going to do.

This is an improvement on Reilly but does not solve the problem of 1 party having too much power - simply shifts it.

I'm confused, isn't Peters already on the board? "Stop the bleeding", wtf? You can do that Peter if you just stop leaking to the DT.

Max is on record as saying he intends to apply some high pressure, clean out any blockages and ensure all connections are in place.

I am eligible to vote but won't be doing so because I don't know what to believe from everything I hear. Grant Goldman says on his radio show that Max Krilich would be good but if Zorba gets in he won't go near the place again. He also says the current board have done a good job and should be retained. Ken Arthurson is apparently backing the Zorba and Krilich bids. How can I vote when I don't know what I'm voting for?

bones said:
I am eligible to vote but won't be doing so because I don't know what to believe from everything I hear. Grant Goldman says on his radio show that Max Krilich would be good but if Zorba gets in he won't go near the place again. He also says the current board have done a good job and should be retained. Ken Arthurson is apparently backing the Zorba and Krilich bids. How can I vote when I don't know what I'm voting for?

Same here Bones, there's so much BS flying around I don't know what to believe. I suppose they put their views forward and we try to decide which ones is telling the least lies.

I have to proxy vote and if I decide to vote for one or the other who can I use for my proxy?

Jatz Crackers said:
ManlyBacker said:
Max is on record as saying he intends to apply some high pressure, clean out any blockages and ensure all connections are in place.

Thats plumbing new depths.

I'm just going to go with the flow.

If Penn sells out I can't see why PP would want to hang around other than to throw missiles. And I'm not sure a 67 year old ex-footballer on the board is the way to go, seeing as how he is on the current, so called dysfunctional one. Does anyone know who is on the current board other than Big Bad Bobby and Zorba? Is Zorba on the current one? and if he is, why is Goldman getting his nickers in a knot over him getting re-elected? It's all so confusing.

swoop said:
Same here Bones, there's so much BS flying around I don't know what to believe. I suppose they put their views forward and we try to decide which ones is telling the least lies.

So its the same as a federal election then?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6