SEA EAGLES 2013 TRIAL Vs Roosters Sat @Gosford 7:30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: SEA EAGLES 2013 TRIAL Vs Sharks Friday Nite @Brookie 7PM

RT @AFrenchy91: And Blake Austin converts to win after the siron! 34-32 @PenrithPanthers win! What a game! #weownthewest

Beau Ryan scores of a cross field kick to open his Sharks account. 4-24 #gomanly

FULLTIME in Geelong: Canberra Raiders 40 beat Melbourne Storm 8.

Three sets back to back but we couldn't break through. Starting to look more dangerous. Let's turn it into points! #gomanly

@mattballin9 scores under the posts, great break made by snake #gomanly

Brett Stewart just puts Ballin in for a great try. Starting to look a little sharper. Choc off looks like it was a bit of knee prob.

Try to Manly! Sneaky little stab from @dane_chisholm to Jacob Gagan! Sharks lead 12-24 #gomanly

FULL TIME at Brookvale Oval: Cronulla Sharks 24 def. Manly Sea Eagles 12 #NRL #NRLmancro

Just back after 3/4 time. Started really badly for us 16 nil in quick time with Farrar the only notably plus Sao and few other newbies (NB no conversions taken). Prpbably Hiku the best for us. 2nd quarter Lawrence, faoso, Gower, Cunnibnham came on and the defence tighten up a bit.

Most of our 1st came on at half time, there was no King, Gift, Tafua, Foran, Wolf, Joe. Things started to tum around after some early dropped ball.

One thing I got from the game the refs still hate us - we copped the raw end of the prawn througout the game. Hard to make much of the game - sharks were a lot committed and faster early in the game. Plenty of players coming on and off. So far no injuries!

There were no kicks - Beau Ryan scored there try from a good cross field kick. Sharks were withount plenty as well Lewis, Carney Gallen for a start

As for the crowd I would say 3 to 4 thousand

Lawrence and Horo looked good. I assume from the players that got a run with a stronger NRL side Gagan and Hiku are a chance in 1st grade this season. Gagan is a big lad for a winger. Sao also looked good in a beaten side in the 1st qtr as well. In the 1st qtr we got a few put on us but we only had 1 NRL player in Farrar where as the sharks had a quite a few.

At the end little to take from it, it was a trial.

Also that McGlinchy we got back from the Dogs is a big boy. Hard to tell if he is a prospect or not.

Agree that Gagan and Lawrence looked good, as well as Chisolm who was very involved. However, my best player was Jamie Buhrer (guess I could say M.O.M. but only played 2nd half) who stood out and imo scored the try that was credited to Ballin.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Sharks no. 29 was Tim Robinson - so that's where he's ended up.

Anyway, although just a trial it was great to be back at Brookie watching our players!

How was snake looking? Nice and sharp? Good pace?

joeboy said:
How was snake looking? Nice and sharp? Good pace?
Yes he did look nice and sharp, ran with good pace and setup a try. Only played about 20 mins but looked the Snake of old.
Have a new nickname for him - Ned (Kelly) with his full beard.

Is wolf man going to be ready by round 1 ? Sounds like hiku and gagan are going to be applying some pressure for his spot regardless.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

joeboy said:
Is wolf man going to be ready by round 1 ? Sounds like hiku and gagan are going to be applying some pressure for his spot regardless.
I was very impressed with Hiku

Any noticeable Or subtle changes to cherrys game?

joeboy said:
yeah,we have to give him more protection from thugs like tagatese,up to his old tricks again,like he did to Foran when he was playing at the gold coast

master blaster said:
joeboy said:
yeah,we have to give him more protection from thugs like tagatese,up to his old tricks again,like he did to Foran when he was playing at the gold coast

If they were anything like the hits on Foz at the Gold Coast, that doesn't make him a thug mate. They were great hits.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Some action shots of last night:
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/rugby-league/league-news/nrl--manly-waringah-sea-eagles-vs-the-cronulla-sharks-20130208-2e3j4.html?selectedImage=8

Brookie surface looked like a bowling green - flat and green and stood up to the two games with only a few divots in the southern end.

The NYC had a few standouts - JakeTrbojevic is a star now. Fantastic that he is maintaining his escalation to the higher grades.
Suni Fatialofa scored two great tries. Looks like Trex and plays like Matai - one to watch.
Jamil Hopoate was also a standout in the quarter he played. He is more of John's build and was great at dummy half and very fast in the middle. Lets hope he is maturing mentally to build into a professional athlete.

The NRL game, only had the regulars in the third quarter. The try set up by Matai, screaming across near the center of the field to offload to Snake and he, to Matty, was worth the price of admission alone.:angel: Matai looks really fit and speedy and was in everything.

The standouts for mine were - Dane Chisholm - runs just like his Dad, kicks, tackles and is soooo fast. Look forward to seeing him play NRL level this year.
Peta Hiku caught everything at fullback (till Snake came on for the 3rd quarter). Again very fast and he had to run to catch quiet a few.
Justin Horo played like Choc, so look out for him this year.
Ligi Sao was fantastic in support and defence, another speedster.

We had an Manly NYC Player on report for a shoulder charge, was too fast to pick up his number. In the NRL, Brenton Lawrence earned a penalty for the same thing. But gee, it is such a great impact when it is below the neck - pity that it's now but a memory :(

In summary, the Players all look fit and were sprinting at speeds only wingers used to do. Manly Staff must have really concentrated on this in the off season.

Choc was limping badly after he cooled down. He came off after about 15 minutes but was very effective till then.

I don't know who the animal was that scythed Chez in the knee as he kicked. But Chez came off and had ice on his right leg, and the bastard who hit him illegaly came off too, as he basically knocked himself out.:mad:
This really concerns me as Thaiday did the same thing to Chez a in the 2011 semis, and yes we get a penalty, but the defensless kicker in the air is at risk of a broken limb.

All in all it was a great event, with about 5,000 people on a warm but very windy Brookie night.

March 1st, 4-7pm is the season kick-off at Brookie. Players will be presented and the Team posters will then be available.
The hats are now at the Outlet for pick up by Members now.

Choc off limping is a bit of a worry. He decided not to play in the Allstars match because of injury. Maybe he should have been rested from the trial too. Hope this has'nt set his recovery back..

bones said:
master blaster said:
joeboy said:

If they were anything like the hits on Foz at the Gold Coast, that doesn't make him a thug mate. They were great hits.
sorry Bones,have to dissagree with you here mate

HappilyManly said:
Brookie surface looked like a bowling green - flat and green and stood up to the two games with only a few divots in the southern end.

The NYC had a few standouts - JakeTrbojevic is a star now. Fantastic that he is maintaining his escalation to the higher grades.
Suni Fatialofa scored two great tries. Looks like Trex and plays like Matai - one to watch.
Jamil Hopoate was also a standout in the quarter he played. He is more of John's build and was great at dummy half and very fast in the middle. Lets hope he is maturing mentally to build into a professional athlete.

The NRL game, only had the regulars in the third quarter. The try set up by Matai, screaming across near the center of the field to offload to Snake and he, to Matty, was worth the price of admission alone.:angel: Matai looks really fit and speedy and was in everything.

The standouts for mine were - Dane Chisholm - runs just like his Dad, kicks, tackles and is soooo fast. Look forward to seeing him play NRL level this year.
Peta Hiku caught everything at fullback (till Snake came on for the 3rd quarter). Again very fast and he had to run to catch quiet a few.
Justin Horo played like Choc, so look out for him this year.
Ligi Sao was fantastic in support and defence, another speedster.

We had an Manly NYC Player on report for a shoulder charge, was too fast to pick up his number. In the NRL, Brenton Lawrence earned a penalty for the same thing. But gee, it is such a great impact when it is below the neck - pity that it's now but a memory :(

In summary, the Players all look fit and were sprinting at speeds only wingers used to do. Manly Staff must have really concentrated on this in the off season.

Choc was limping badly after he cooled down. He came off after about 15 minutes but was very effective till then.

I don't know who the animal was that scythed Chez in the knee as he kicked. But Chez came off and had ice on his right leg, and the bastard who hit him illegaly came off too, as he basically knocked himself out.:mad:
This really concerns me as Thaiday did the same thing to Chez a in the 2011 semis, and yes we get a penalty, but the defensless kicker in the air is at risk of a broken limb.

All in all it was a great event, with about 5,000 people on a warm but very windy Brookie night.

March 1st, 4-7pm is the season kick-off at Brookie. Players will be presented and the Team posters will then be available.
The hats are now at the Outlet for pick up by Members now.

Bozo and tooves invented clipping in 97 right? ;0) according to the tele, and isn't mr johns gonna break some heads if it doesn't stop?

Especially if kosef hurts poor matty.

Great write up Happily Manly!! Couldn't get there and nice to hear about the NYC and some stars. I got told by someone close to the club that they view Jake as a franchise player of the future (huge wrap)
I believe big winger Suni is from Mounties (Mt Pritchard, out Penrith way) and just needed an opportunity. He will be one to watch. Jamil has always been hugely regarded and I'm glad he is back at his home club.
I remember Chisholm destroying us in NYC and just seemed to have pure talent. Hope he can fit in NRL off the bench. Horo will be a quality signing and at 130k, a great bargain. Sao has huge potential but time must be given to allow him to settle. Prop Justin Lemalu is a star in the making as well.

I'm off to watch Manly Matts and Ball vs Steelers this afternoon and will write a report. A John Hopoate Junior is playing and I hear big things. We have a SG Ball prop called PJ Lose From NZ who has been a quality junior signing for the club. Supposedly Steelers are very strong so good to see how we shape up.

Great to see the club signing Sao, Jake and Lemalu as potential props for Kite and King.

If we could get this David Klemmer from the Dogs we would have the three potentially best young props in the country. Sao, Klemmer and Jake (next 10 years) Could happen if King and Kite leave as this will open up big dollars for one top signing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6