Sea Eagles 2013 Season Preview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
http://www.nrl.com/sea-eagles-2013-season-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/70813/default.aspx

The more things change, the more things stay the same at Manly as they look to add yet another trophy to their already glittering trophy cabinet. Premiers just two years ago, the Sea Eagles endured a tumultuous 2012 season that saw two-time premiership-winning coach Des Hasler choose to exit before a ball had even been kicked and his assistant Geoff Toovey rushed into the top job – the result being a somewhat disjointed season in which they never truly gained the traction they needed.

Interesting to see the slide in metres gained in recent years by Kite and King.

Fa'aso will show them both up this year hopefully

Fair summation. However missed the fact that Jorge was our killer meter man by a long way, took the heat off the props.

Just goes to show how way off the mark Kent and Rothfield are.
We are always going to be a top 4 side.
Can't wait for the season to start Bring It!!

From league unlimited
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 2013 Preview
Written by: Annelise Fagan
Feb 19, 2013 9:24am
2013 brings another year of hope for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. This year will bring Geoff Toovey’s second year at the helm and a lot of new faces to the line up.

Manly’s backline will look for consistency in 2013. David Williams will be returning off yet another long term injury and will be looking to stay injury free in 2013. The halves (Kieran Foran & Daly Cherry-Evans) will continue to develop with another year under their belt and under the guidance of Andrew Johns who joined the club in late-2012. The forwards will struggle with the loss of Tony Williams but there are many young forwards looking to join the front line.

This season, Manly players and fans will have to get use to Monday night football with no fewer than seven Monday games scheduled for the first 20 rounds - most of these being away trips. The start of the season sees 2 trips to Queensland in the first 3 weeks and a home game moved to Gosford to begin Easter Weekend. The rest of the season has a consistent amount of home and away games, with the club's final home game against Penrith being also being shifted to Gosford.

Why They Will Win It
The spine. Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans & Matt Ballin have been playing together for 2 years consistently and are now a strong combination.

Why They Won’t Win It
Loss of experience in the forwards. Tony Williams is a huge loss for Manly in 2013.

Player to Watch
Jamie Lyon – at now 31 years of age, Killer’s experience and leadership on and off the field will boost Manly’s chances of a finals appearance in September.

Rookie to Watch
Michael Chee-Kam – this former Canberra Raiders U20s player will turn 21 just before the season starts. At 189cm, this tall second rower/centre will be pushing for a bench spot to start 2013 and provide depth for the backline.

2013 Roster Changes
Comings: Michael Chee-Kam (Canberra), Dane Chisholm (Wests Tigers), Richie Fa’aoso (Melbourne), Jacob Gagan, Justin Horo, Esikeli Tonga (Parramatta), David Gower (St George Illawarra), James Hasson (Sharks), Peta Hiku, Ligi Seo (Warriors), Brenton Lawrence, Kayne Lawton (Titans), Justin Lemalu (Bulldogs)
Goings: Darcy Lussick, Daniel Harrison (Parramatta), Dean Whare (Penrith), Michael Oldfield (Roosters), Tony Williams (Bulldogs), Josh Drinkwater (Dragons), Liam Foran, Vic Mauro (ESL)

Best Line Up
1. Brett Stewart 2. David Williams 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. Jorge Taufua 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Kayne Lawton 15. Michael Chee-Kam 16. George Rose 17. James Cunningham

Dont know about best line up without Joe G, R Fa'aoso , J Horo.

That NRL preview is a positive one. Its nice to read a optimistic article about our season as apposed to all the negative **** manly cops.

I think on paper we are definelty a top 4 team. I reckon Foz and DCE are in for a big season.

Rex said:
Eagles2nv said:
I think on paper we are definelty a top 4 team.
And how do you reckon they'll go on grass?
If we manage injuries and suspensions well, I think we will definitely make top 4.

If dce and foz are firing come finals I reckon we will need to make more room in that trophy cabinet.

Eagles2nv said:
That NRL preview is a positive one. Its nice to read a optimistic article about our season as apposed to all the negative s**t manly cops.
We'd want to hope so... after all, it is written by someone sympathetic to our cause … ;)
@[manlyforever08]

And did a good job too!
(apart from Cunningham as part of our best line-up - that's a bit left field) :)

In Inside Sport magazine they predict we'll finish second. Unfortunately they predict the bulldogs will finish top. I would'nt put too much faith in their predictions though as they tip Parra to be premiership bolters LOL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6