Sea Eagles’ great names the man to replace Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
THE Sea Eagles have to find a new five-eighth for next season after Kieran Foran’s decision to go to Parramatta next season — and the solution may be close to home.

But the problem confronting Manly is that there are now not a lot of obvious options available on the market.

“The logical replacement is Jamie Lyon,” said Sea Eagles great and host of 2UE’s Sports Today program, John Gibbs.
4257690-3x2-940x627.jpg

He can cope with the position and he has experience in that position.”

Gibbs said Lyon had great success filling in for Foran at Manly and he was also was an excellent stand-off when he played in England.

“And one thing Manly do have is a lot of good outside backs who can cover Jamie moving in one,” Gibbs said.

“You have Clinton Gutherson, Peta Hiku and Tom Trbojevic who are all excellent options in the outside backs.

“I think it would be more prudent not to spend a lot of money on a big name five-eighth, but use Lyon and save your money for a forward because that is what Manly needs.”

Gibbs said obviously the Sea Eagles will need a back-up in case of injury so they will have to scour for second sting five-eighth who can do that job.

Hopes that the club could retain Foran have evaporated after it was revealed yesterday that he has agreed to a revised contract with the Eels, which has yet to be signed.

It is a two-year deal with options for a third and fourth season in Foran’s favour. And if coach Brad Arthur gets the boot Foran is free to leave the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Gibbsy.

Although the difference between he has some sort of clue and I'm pretty much a jiberring fool. But it doesn't take an ironstine to figure it out. Killer is an actual footballer. Not just an athlete.

I don't what the plan is. Especially with Api signing. But I wouldn't be upset with Jamie at 6.

I have to agree with Gibbsy.

Although the difference between he has some sort of clue and I'm pretty much a jiberring fool. But it doesn't take an ironstine to figure it out. Killer is an actual footballer. Not just an athlete.

I don't what the plan is. Especially with Api signing. But I wouldn't be upset with Jamie at 6.

It's the smart decision. Get some of the younger quick guys outside him and he puts them through the holes, it's the same at any footy club in the country.

This prick just can't commit. 2 yr deal with a what's best for my family and a bum chum Dalai clause. Good fkn riddance!

Welcome at the premiership reunions, but won't have his poster adorning the hallways. Most manly fans I expect will just shake their heads and thought what might have been.....then not cared less.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4