Sea Eagle art

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have an artist in the family, my sister who lives interstate. I commissioned her to paint me a sea eagle, it arrived on Friday and I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just have to decide whether to hang it at home or at work.

... might have to order another one!

seaeagle.jpg

I admire people who have talent in the arts.

Unfortunately im still struggling with painting the queenslander fencing around this place.

Jatz Crackers said:
I admire people who have talent in the arts.

Unfortunately im still struggling with painting the queenslander fencing around this place.

Hope you washed that queenslander first because we all know queenslanders are dirty bastards. ;)

Great painting Ser8

Yeah, but does she bring a man a beer without complaining?

Kidding, that is amazing!

Great talent.

globaleagle said:

Great talent.

As my username indicates i am also an artist and a former art critic with a national newspaper. The painting has a number of very good points. Its subject is well placed in the shape it occupies ,is both dramatic and confident and appropriate in Manly Sea Eagle colours. The visual rhythms through varied repetition, are especially excellent [note the repetition of the cloud shapes and highlighted feathers].The treatment is unified, every part relating to the whole although to my eye the bird's extended left foot doesn't look quite right. Maybe it is just the left claw which could be a touch darker. Despite this minor quibble the effort is so good it should become the logo on this website or on the official website or both. Congratulate your sister! A very good effort in painterly and graphic design terms.This is not easy to do but both skills are well integrated and accomplished Not the work of an amateur or of an untrained artist. Let us hope her talents are recognised further up the food chain...

Thanks for those comments Arty, I am totally rapt with it.
I agree it could become a logo or emblem, that would be fantastic.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Thanks for those comments Arty, I am totally rapt with it.
I agree it could become a logo or emblem, that would be fantastic.

Perhaps a decent sized print could be given to each financial or new member or an Eagles 2013 Calendar produced to be on sale to all?

arty said:
As my username indicates i am also an artist and a former art critic with a national newspaper. The painting has a number of very good points. Its subject is well placed in the shape it occupies ,is both dramatic and confident and appropriate in Manly Sea Eagle colours. The visual rhythms through varied repetition, are especially excellent [note the repetition of the cloud shapes and highlighted feathers].The treatment is unified, every part relating to the whole although to my eye the bird's extended left foot doesn't look quite right. Maybe it is just the left claw which could be a touch darker. Despite this minor quibble the effort is so good it should become the logo on this website or on the official website or both. Congratulate your sister! A very good effort in painterly and graphic design terms.This is not easy to do but both skills are well integrated and accomplished Not the work of an amateur or of an untrained artist. Let us hope her talents are recognised further up the food chain...

Birdie pretty, me like.

arty said:
globaleagle said:

Great talent.

X2:p

My brother is also an artist, he mainly does airbrush work these days. He painted a beach scene for me a few years back and 'hid' an eagle in the foreground.

Next job is to design a suitable Manly-themed piece for my car!

[attachment=336]

[attachment=337]

Attachments

• image-847451098.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image-666139554.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
Can't see the attachment..
and Mals, not sure how long it took to paint, I ordered it a couple of months ago.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6