SCG upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
The SCG is about to get a $185,000,000 upgrade over the next 2-3 years.
The Federal and State governments are going to announce it at the start of the Sydney test.

What about Brookvale ?

Let me guess the AFL are also kicking in $1m so they get to own the stadium in 25 years time :p

DUFFMAN said:
The SCG is about to get a $185,000,000 upgrade over the next 2-3 years.
The Federal and State governments are going to announce it at the start of the Sydney test.

What about Brookvale ?
Obviously a large amount of public funds available for sporting venues. Don't hold your breath over an upgrade for Brookie though.

Comparing Brookie to the SCG is a little bit silly.

A fairer comparison would be Kogarah, or Parra Stadium, or Win at Wollongong, or Campbelltown etc. against which we have been shafted many times.

SCG is a slightly different case, its an international arena, used all year round

Still a lot of dosh Fro.

It was mentioned that they were going to replace up to three stands including the Bradman stand and capacity would be increased from 45 to 48k!

The SCG Trust works have been in planning for quite some time. When I worked there 5 years ago the developments were already being discussed.

The new Victor Trumper Stand was stage 1 of the upgrade, to be followed by improvements to the Bradman and Members Area, then finally the O'Reilly Stand.

It confirms that brookie needs to be set up as a trust owned by the government in order to get the funding that it needs.

It might also help if WSC actually put in a request for funding

Bradza said:
Still a lot of dosh Fro.

It was mentioned that they were going to replace up to three stands including the Bradman stand and capacity would be increased from 45 to 48k!

yeah mate you are right it is, and we have copped the rough end of the pineapple as far as funding goes.

My point was that comparing brookie to the SCG is like comparing Lidcombe oval to the olympic stadium, both totally different arenas.

They're going to spend $185 million to increase capacity by 3000. WTF!!!!
Well there is govt efficiency at it's finest. **** we should go for a 10000 capacity increase that means we get $616 million.

I was there last week, and it is a much better place than a few years ago, there has been a fair amount of money spent there in the last 10 years, and facilities are quite good.

I really can't see the justification for spending that much money, especially as only increasing capacity by 3000, as Mick said above.

The Wheel said:
It might also help if WSC actually put in a request for funding

Warringah ratepayers should be attending council meetings and demanding why a submission has not been submitted. In fact they should have been doing this for the past 10 years.

mickqld said:
They're going to spend $185 million to increase capacity by 3000. WTF!!!!
Well there is govt efficiency at it's finest. s**t we should go for a 10000 capacity increase that means we get $616 million.

Go easy on whingeing about the lack of extra capacity for the dollars.

If Brookie gets upgraded as proposed it will cost about $70mill and most likely result in the official capacity going down from 23000 to something like 20000. The difference being the standard of facilities for those 20,000, that's why Brookie needs the money spent.

It is the same for the SCG. The stands they intend to replace need replacing because they are old and tired, even if capacity remains the same.

wtf, does Michelle Clarke need his own changeroom, helipad, jet runway, seating area with private bigscreen?

Brookvale said:
wtf, does Michelle Clarke need his own changeroom, helipad, jet runway, seating area with private bigscreen?

No but he needs to learn how to use a cricket bat consistently.

The reason for the SCG's massive cost is due to :

the added feature that each seat can now convert into a bed,

because "clicket" is bloody BORING!!!!

-

Napper said:
Brookvale said:

No but he needs to learn how to use a cricket bat consistently.

Are you serious, man? He's one of our better scorers of late!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4