SBW 'set to boycott Anzac Test'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
Another example of the NRL being concerned about the wrong people. As stated previously, SBW does not care about league itself, yet the NRL can't step in to keep loyalty in the game.

Sonny Bill Williams is set to boycott the Anzac Test after being caught up in New Zealand's energy drink and sleeping pill scandal during last year's Rugby League World Cup.

The Roosters star is still furious about being implicated in the scandal and is leaving Australia for a short holiday a day before the Kiwis go into camp on Sunday, according to a Daily Telegraph report.

It was reported that Williams and Kieran Foran, his room-mate on the tour, had been identified in an investigation conducted by the NZRL, with the pair later being cleared of any wrongdoing.

The NZRL has not received an official word from Williams on his availability.

Williams' withdrawal would be a huge blow to the marketability of the Test match.

It comes after Foran was ruled out for the Kiwis, with Manly saying the star five-eight will miss four weeks with a knee injury he picked up in the win over the Cowboys last weekend

New Zealand coach Stephen Kearney insists superstar Sonny Bill Williams was never being considered for the rugby league Test against Australia.
A report on Tuesday claimed Williams planned to boycott the May 2 Test, still angry at being implicated in a sleeping pill and energy drink scandal on last year's World Cup tour in England despite being cleared of any wrongdoing.
But Kearney said on Wednesday he and fellow selectors weren't planning to pick the dual international anyway as they're planning for the next World Cup in 2017 and Williams is going back to rugby union after this season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sonny-bill-williams-not-considered-for-kiwis-stephen-kearney-20140423-zqy7d.html#ixzz2zgcbbsO7

Pretty sure Jamie Lyon quit N.S.W due to the media. But SBW does it and he's an arsehole?

Remember, he doesn't ask to be Mr Popular and have stupid t.v advertisements about him. Blame the media and the NRL.

Napper said:
Pretty sure Jamie Lyon quit N.S.W due to the media. But SBW does it and he's an arsehole?

Remember, he doesn't ask to be Mr Popular and have stupid t.v advertisements about him. Blame the media and the NRL.

Fair call napper. But what annoys the crappers out of me is that the NRL appear to bend over backwards to accommodate SBW but can't accommodate someone that has been loyal to the game and his club in Glenn Stewart.

Clint said:
Napper said:

Fair call napper. But what annoys the crappers out of me is that the NRL appear to bend over backwards to accommodate SBW but can't accommodate someone that has been loyal to the game and his club in Glenn Stewart.

Wasn't having a shot at you, just saying, everyone talks as if it's Sonny Bill's fault the media and NRL carry on the way they do. I totally agree with you. It's ridiculous a guy who has achieved ALOT more in the NRL is screwed the way he was. Not only Gift but the fans too. I'm sure Manly fans would be alot happier to have Gift for 2 more years than Souths will be.

Who gives a fark about this tosser...sooner he goes somewhere else the better.....yawn

Money Bill is a legend in his own lunch time and really the league world dont give a toss if hes not playing.

So over the NRL feteing players like this and ignoring the issues that the fans are really upset about like player retention, inconsistent refereeing and the cost of going to games.

Money Bill would not have a clue about any of this.

Get lost and go back to Rah Rah land. That is your rightful place!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6