SBW rings up the dollars for Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably not so much to do with SBW as we might think. Our numbers are down and their numbers are up. Michael Oldfield left us and went to the Roosters...coincidence?? Hmmm. ;)

Duff said:
Yeah, it's so expensive to go to the NRL.
Maybe Global can fill us in on family friendly, all inclusive pricing schemes used in the NHL?

I'll try.

Different teams can charge different prices for tickets.

You wanna be in a hockey town like vancouver? Then try $100 for nose bleed tickets. I went to a game, sat 3 rows back...tix were $500 each!

Seasons passes? Well they run into the thousands (remember 40 home games per year approx) but enjoy the 5 year waiting list.

Just before the GFC it was cheaper to fly from vancouver to FLORIDA, buy 2 tickets, stay overnight, fly back then it was to get a decent ticket to the canucks (vancouver) game.

Living in Toronto? Seasons tickets are around $30,000! Heaps available you think? Try a 10 year waiting list.

Boom Bang pow!

My guess is....there will be a NRL season in 2014. Risky guess I know, but I'll say it here and now just so that people wont be surprised when the season starts.

So save $2 or so a week now until next year and hopefully you'll be covered!

If I sound angry-ish.....meh...I'm just missing live footy. :angel::heart::cool::(

The Dogs got a measley 18,500 to ANZ last Friday. I doubt the crowd tonight at Moore Park will be much higher when Money-Bill takes on the world.
Friday night football is more about the TV audience.
We'll have a good crowd at Brookie on Sunday.

Sorry to sorta get off topic again but because I am uber awesome I found out some more details re season tickets.

Quote from someone who has them:

My friend has season tickets to the Canucks and is on the waiting list for another pair.

You gain seniority as you go so I think you get nothing at first, but then eventually you are able to move far enough up the list that you can get quarter-season then eventually half-season and finally full-season tickets.
Oh and currently you pay an annual fee to be on the waiting list, though I think most or all of that fee goes toward your first year of season tickets once you get them.

Not sure how long it takes to get quarter/half seasons but I think the waiting list for full season tickets is in excess of 5 years now?

And yes you can get season's in the nose-bleeds. Basically the seats are chosen in order of seniority (number of seasons you've been a season ticket holder).

My friend's second pair (quarter seasons) are currently in the very back row of the end section. For his main pair he's 'senior' enough that he sits in row 2 of the upper deck in the corner/behind the net area.

He could move to the lower bowl or whatever but the price is way higher. Even to move one row closer would double the cost of his season tickets.

With all the SBW hoopla and the dog's playing the loyalty card it brings to me to one question - Where has it been previously from the Dogs?

For a club that supposedly prides itself on loyalty
1. One of the clubs that jumped ship during the SL War whilst trying to maintain a spot in the ARL.
2. Sacked nearly every family member of the Hughes and Moore family
3. Tried to make a coach break his contract with his previous club (in some ways actually achieved it.
4. Not one member of the Dogs team tonight was there when Sonny left.

globaleagle said:
Sorry to sorta get off topic again but because I am uber awesome I found out some more details re season tickets.

Quote from someone who has them:

My friend has season tickets to the Canucks and is on the waiting list for another pair.

You gain seniority as you go so I think you get nothing at first, but then eventually you are able to move far enough up the list that you can get quarter-season then eventually half-season and finally full-season tickets.
Oh and currently you pay an annual fee to be on the waiting list, though I think most or all of that fee goes toward your first year of season tickets once you get them.

Not sure how long it takes to get quarter/half seasons but I think the waiting list for full season tickets is in excess of 5 years now?

And yes you can get season's in the nose-bleeds. Basically the seats are chosen in order of seniority (number of seasons you've been a season ticket holder).

My friend's second pair (quarter seasons) are currently in the very back row of the end section. For his main pair he's 'senior' enough that he sits in row 2 of the upper deck in the corner/behind the net area.

He could move to the lower bowl or whatever but the price is way higher. Even to move one row closer would double the cost of his season tickets.

Apparently if you have season tickets to the Canucks it gives you the best view of the riots that happen when they lose the Stanley Cup final.

That's true.

And you also get to see the 'townsfolk' flood the streets the next day to clean up the streets.

One thing is for sure, and I hope this is not slack or anything, but I hope both these teams beat the living hell out of each other (Dogs / Chooks).

7th worst to date this year.

Crowd should be decent on Sunday, i'm back

The roosters have one huge crowd on the back of souths fans.

Managed only 13K with out of town bongos team and 18K in the other game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6