SBW fight. Hoping for some pain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Can't wait to watch money bill cop some damage tonight at the hands of Botha. A couple of broken ribs or a hand would be good.

Why would you pay money for a player who prior to season kick off intentionally stands in a ring to be punched in the head? Nuts.

Me also, however I read that Botha has lost four of his last five fights so he is a has-been.

silvertail said:
Is the other guy a 50 year old?

I think he is nearly 50. Hopefully he can still throw down. Roosters will be nervous.
Quade cooper on the undercard, he can get knocked out too.

manlyfan76 said:
silvertail said:
Is the other guy a 50 year old?

I think he is nearly 50. Hopefully he can still throw down. Roosters will be nervous.
Quade cooper on the undercard, he can get knocked out too.

Steve Haag Gallo Images
Veteran heavyweight boxer Francois Botha says he has spotted flaws in the style of Sonny Bill Williams ahead of their WBA International bout in Brisbane on Friday. Photo by Steve Haag
Johannesburg – Veteran heavyweight boxer Francois Botha says he has spotted flaws in the style of Sonny Bill Williams ahead of their WBA International bout in Brisbane on Friday.

“He's a very basic fighter and in terms of international experience he's still green,” Botha said after tipping the scales at 115.25kg on Thursday.

“He's got no balance and doesn't have any punching combinations. He's straightforward, so there's a lot for him to learn.”

Botha, however, remained somewhat wary of Williams, who is better known as an All Blacks rugby player, but is also the current holder of New Zealand's heavyweight title.

“He's a big guy, he's strong and could land a lucky punch, so I will be careful,” the 44-year-old South African said.

“If you keep him busy you'll expose his lack of boxing skills.”

Since his arrival in Australia a week ago, Botha said he had eased up considerably on gym work in an effort to stay strong for the bout.

“I've done all the donkey work back in South Africa, and it's just a matter of recharging the batteries. I've regained all my strength and I'm ready to kick ass.

“It's been very humid here and the bright lights above the ring could make it even hotter, but I've fought all over the world and I'm sure I can adapt to the conditions.

“It could be energy-sapping under the lights, but I'm feeling good to go.”

Williams, the local bookmakers' favourite, was less talkative ahead of the fight, and he said he would prove his worth in the ring.

“The showman's come out in him (Botha). He's been talking it up,” Williams said.

“It's a privilege to fight him, but I won't be asking for his signature inside the ring.”

Meanwhile Australian rugby flyhalf Quade Cooper will also be making his professional boxing debut by fighting Barry Dunnett in a cruiserweight bout.

“It's getting a little bit tense, the atmosphere of this whole thing,” Cooper said.

“I've learned a whole lot from this experience. I'm in great shape. Hopefully I'll finish up on top, but I'm not here to predict anything. I'll get in there and do my best.” – Sapa

niccipops said:
Why would you pay money for a player who prior to season kick off intentionally stands in a ring to be punched in the head? Nuts.

I agree. Being punched in the head might be OK but definitely not the Jatz Crackers !

I see Renee Gartner is fighting on the undercard for a Garth wood fight in the coming weeks. She is a great sort lets hope she comes out in one piece

Sheikheagle said:
I see Renee Gartner is fighting on the undercard for a Garth wood fight in the coming weeks. She is a great sort lets hope she comes out in one piece

Garth keep your Wood away from Renee.

after 5 rounds it's no wonder that the ufc is becoming more & more popular. every time botha gets close to sbw, williams grabs hold until the ref breaks them up.
i know that in boxing that can be a smart tactic, but after watching mma for a while now it bores the hell out of me.
also if these two are the most worthy to be fighting for a title than boxing is in real trouble

listening to the commentators is like listening to when mundine started boxing- all praise for sbw.
in saying that sbw would be in front

botha shook him in round 9 but sbw held on

sbw is trying cuddle him all round

williams will win on points but spent the best part of the last round hugging botha to hold himself up.
it was supposed to be a 12 round match but the ref called last round at the start of the 10th. that saved sbw. another round & he was gone

sbw is the new 'wba international heavyweight champion' what a joke the wba must be

You want to talk about betting and corruption in sport. Tonight was a great example. Someone bet the house on SBW to win. By the 9th round, it was obvious SBW wasn't going to last 12 rounds, so all of a sudden, it becomes a 10 round fight.
Title fights are typically 12 rounds.
What a flapping joke.

That's why I love MMA.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4