SBW charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
SBW has been hit with a minimum 3 week suspension for a shoulder charge which means that he will miss our round 4 clash. Dam bad luck.

The rorters year is falling apart after only one match. The NRL will have to appoint Shayne Hayne to ref all of their future games if they are to win again this year.

It's early days Tookey and I don't think there would be any team in the NRL that would have beaten the Wascally Wabbits last night. They were really on their game and I'm glad they might have got it out of their system and are cock-a-hoop with their victory.

As for SBW, that was just bizzare with not one, but two shoulder charges!!!

While it's great for us I am sure our guys would have preferred if SBW was playing, just to give them no excuses when we win!

Look, going by the tele today and the NRL site, all the other teams may as well give up now. Souths are clearly the premiers for 2014, heck they beat easts so they should be declared winners, right?

In a new 1st, Souths are the 1st ever team to be declared March Premiers, after many seasons of being April Premiers.:p

Yep to be honest why bother with the next 25 weeks and the finals series, just give them the Trophy now!!

Finally after 38 years and one game the Grubbitohs are Premiers......well at least March Premiers.

Fair dinkum......I know Inglis is pretty good BUT he does that, bloody awesome in one game THEN goes missing for the next 5.

The "GI / SBW Chan 9 wankathon" last night was sickening.....and being an hour behind meant I sneaked a peak at Twitter and thought.....bugger may as well watch something else.

I was watching the Rabbitoh's and Rooster's clash last night- just being happy that we have the NRL back- and I'm just going to be honest here- I wanted for the Rabbitoh's to win and I was happy that they did. :cool:

Everyone has different opinions about things though- I'm just voicing mine.

Only the NRL could devise a way to keep its players off the field. Real smart way to build crowds and tv ratings.

Miss 3 or 4 weeks for that? No one got hurt in the tackle.

But now the fans get hurt by not having one of the NRL's major stars on the field.

In the NFL they issue fines for most offences.

Brissie Kid, so what if no one got hurt last night. Fact is that the NRL have banned the use of the shoulder charge. Money Bill got caught doing a couple of them last night. He did the crime(s), he should do the time, simple as that.

And besides, its only Chook fans who get hurt by him not being out there.....its no skin off my nose if he is out suspended.

What a joke our game has become.

Seriously that shoulder charge would barely knock the skin of a rice pudding.

HoldenV8 said:
Brissie Kid, so what if no one got hurt last night. Fact is that the NRL have banned the use of the shoulder charge. Money Bill got caught doing a couple of them last night. He did the crime(s), he should do the time, simple as that.

And besides, its only Chook fans who get hurt by him not being out there.....its no skin off my nose if he is out suspended.

Miss 3 or 4 weeks for that? You won't be happy when a Manly player cops the same rubbish suspension for a tackle that hurt nobody.

Bulldogs Pritchard knocked Lowri into next week but that's ok say the NRL as Pritchard was carrying the ball.

If NRL really cared about this hyped up head knock rubbish Pritchard would get six to eight weeks even though it was lowire's own fault for what happened.

But was the same with SBW. Burgess got to the Roosters tacklers and ducked his head. But that's now SBW's fault and he must ruled out for 4 weeks to learn his lesson.

But SBW must be punished so the NRL can say they are doing something so just fine him $10K and 6 hours community work not 4 matches.

So to sum up the shoulder charge is allowed in NFL and AFL plus it is allowed in the NRL if you have the ball.

Why are the NRL penalising and even suspending tacklers using their shoulder in tackles that don't hit the head?

bob dylan said:

Ian Roberts would have preferred shoulder charges to have been banned when he was playing. It might have stopped his brain injury.

Money Bill should not get 4 weeks for that, the other chook that tackled Burgess knocked him towards Money Bills shoulder and if that is worth 4 weeks then Teo is blessed he wasnt charged.

Hell, I've been waiting and watching this year's games for the return of the Head Butt. From memory, that was deemed acceptable play in last year's grand final?:dodgy:

tookey said:
bob dylan said:

Ian Roberts would have preferred shoulder charges to have been banned when he was playing. It might have stopped his brain injury.
I agree Tookey the NRL is only bringing in changes like the shoulder charge and taking off concussion victims because the medical research has got to a point where the league would be liable if they just did nothing.

I think this is the whole problem at the moment with the shoulder charge rule. The inconsistency. Personally I hate the rule, my thoughts remain that if you hit the head you do time, regardless of shoulder, elbow etc. Obviously the charge may vary considering with what you hit it with and the severity of the hit.

But the problem now is that the refs seem perplexed what is a shoulder charge? Some games you see some and the refs do nothing, others the defending player braces themselves and they do time.

Killer03 said:
I think this is the whole problem at the moment with the shoulder charge rule. The inconsistency. Personally I hate the rule, my thoughts remain that if you hit the head you do time, regardless of shoulder, elbow etc. Obviously the charge may vary considering with what you hit it with and the severity of the hit.

But the problem now is that the refs seem perplexed what is a shoulder charge? Some games you see some and the refs do nothing, others the defending player braces themselves and they do time.

Tend to agree. If you use a shoulder charge and you contact the head then your charge should read reckless (not careless). The loading on shoulder charges gone wrong should carry a higher liability because the degree of control is intrinsically lower so you need to accept that risk should you wish to employ that as a tackling method.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4