saviour's stocks sagging

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just heard on the radio that Max is falling on some hard times. This isn't news to readers of this forum but there's an intersting article about him in the Tele. Describing his life as a soap opera. Beaver & BK get a mention...

Everyone should remember to their dying day that he saved the club. Faults aside, that should be remembered.

Hard times? I'm sure he is still living in a mansion, driving an expensive sports car and has more money in the bank than I will ever have. I don't consider myself to be in " hard times" so I can't say I'm feeling sorry for him. Just because he can't live the life he is used to, he would still have more than most.

bones said:
Hard times? I'm sure he is still living in a mansion, driving an expensive sports car and has more money in the bank than I will ever have. I don't consider myself to be in " hard times" so I can't say I'm feeling sorry for him. Just because he can't live the life he is used to, he would still have more than most.

Here goes the tall poppy syndrome again. If you had bothered to read the article you would have noticed that he is staring at bankruptcy, which means that you pretty much lose everything and your name is mud for at least 7 years. At 66 years of age I suspect it may be the financial end of the line for Max. Believe me if there was anything to be had his estranged wife would be going after it as well.

Max is a champion bloke, with a monster ego and he should be revered on this Forum, because despite his many foibles, without Max we wouldn't have a team to support.

Not to mention in Australia, when you are bankrupt, it does not clear your debts, you are still responsible for them

I'm not bagging him, I just think he will still be leading a lifestyle better than most, and so he should because he has worked hard to get there. But he is not going to be homeless and is not going to go without food or clothes. And it goes without saying that he is going to come out in the papers and say he is bankrupt.....he is wealthy and going though a divorce and he is a smart man.
And since when did anything the Telegraph print become accurate?

he did save our club, yes, it went wrong with mayer but now penn/quantum on board, new sponsor and sitting narrowly 3rd things are okay. Brookie is still costing us but seems no one will help. Wait until you see WIN at Wollongong completed, it's huge, big dough!! rumour has it that only 3-4 games next year has the Gong going mental!!

Cambo said:
Waits for mata to lay the boot in

You sure? I don't think I've seen a post from him for a few weeks at least.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Typical Telecrap
Front top of the paper
"high flying Sea Eagle's crash back to earth"

Have you read the article? The telegraph does deserve a good bashing, but the article I read was fairly well balanced and nothing wrong with the headline if you ask me. The point of the article is to get people read the story and 99.9% of Max's public profile is because of the Sea Eagles, otherwise he's just some businessman and who is going to read that?

Darren said:
he did save our club, yes, it went wrong with mayer but now penn/quantum on board, new sponsor and sitting narrowly 3rd things are okay. Brookie is still costing us but seems no one will help. Wait until you see WIN at Wollongong completed, it's huge, big dough!! rumour has it that only 3-4 games next year has the Gong going mental!!

what planet are you on dazza

we are currently 2nd sunshine :)

Matas is overseas at the moment, hence the silence

The new WIN stadium is looking quite nice though, looked very promising when we were there.

I've got some problems with it though:

1) the tiered hill is ass. Either make it one big hill or make it terraces
2) It's in Wollongong & the Dragons hardly use it
2c) I don't think that the South Coast Wolves are going to consistently bring in the crowds unfortunately
2b) What's the point of spending so much moey on a stadium down there when there are plenty of venues around Sydney that are dilapidated despite seeing constant use.

Sorry for the hijack, just needed to get that off my chest.

Daniel said:
Not to mention in Australia, when you are bankrupt, it does not clear your debts, you are still responsible for them

Not so sure about that Dan. My understanding is it does just that but the stigma and inability to do just about anything financially for several years makes it something worth avoiding.

Wolfpack said:
2b) What's the point of spending so much moey on a stadium down there when there are plenty of venues around Sydney that are dilapidated despite seeing constant use.

And the point of the simultaneous massive upgrade of Kogarah?

Isn't John Howard the No.1 supporter of the St George Illawarra Dragons?

DSM5 said:
Everyone should remember to their dying day that he saved the club. Faults aside, that should be remembered.

Dead right and because of this I've always reckoned there should be a bronze statue of Max standing outside Brookvale Oval :idea:

sorta statue of liberty style... arm raised holding a footie :rolleyes:

Infighting with mayer and the penns was not a good thing for the club in 09 but that aside best wishes to Max for the future.

Cambo said:
Waits for mata to lay the boot in

Have faith Matas won't lay the boot in Cambo. He's from Christian stock.

A good spear in the side while the saviour's nailed to the cross.

Rex, that scumbag Howard is the Goons number one supporter and that other scumbag Iemma was the number two supporter. That's why the Goons fared so well when they put their snouts in the trough of public money. Unfortunately we only seem to have Union/AFL loving scumbags as parliamentary representatives. That's the problem with supporting a proletarian game in a blue rinse area.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6