Saturday Match of the Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Just looking at the AFL and they have a 1.30 and a 4.30 game on today; generally a couple of games every Saturday afternoon.

They always appear to be well attended.

Was just thinking how good the return of a 2.30 Saturday game in the NRL would be. I reckon it'd be a winner.

Id like it as much as, if not more than Sunday arvo footy. For me, drinking tinnys on a Saturday arvo watching league is more pleasurable than on a Sunday. Perhaps pen a letter to Dave Smith

Take away the 2nd Saturday night fixture and move it to 2:30pm.

Great idea and would be a boost to crowd numbers.

I think one club (maybe ours) could suggest moving a Saturday night game to see how it went. We don't draw big numbers in that time slot anyway.

yeaeah:

Saturday NRL kick off to rival AFL hegemony
Date
July 4, 2013 - 12:46AM
45 reading nowBe the first to comment Read later

Steve Mascord
Rugby league columnist
View more articles from Steve Mascord
Follow Steve on Twitter
See more stories on:
NSW NRL Origin II

inShare
submit to redditEmail articlePrintReprints & permissions
Discord

The return of Saturday afternoon football will be confirmed on Wednesday with five games kicking off at 3pm (NSW) to finish the regular season.

Discord has been told Melbourne will get their wish of a blockbuster game against South Sydney on Friday, August 9, at AAMI Park. The five Saturday afternoon games will include two at Mt Smart Stadium - which is really a 5pm kick-off, isn't it?

Saturday afternoon has been vacant - handed over to the AFL - for years and Discord reckons it's a great move to take them on again.

The draw for the final five rounds will be announced in the morning.

Advertisement

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/saturday-nrl-kick-off-to-rival-afl-hegemony-20130704-2pcoq.html#ixzz2Y1OklEkH

3pm Saturday is a great schedule - all kids' sporting commitments are over and still time to go out after the game.:idea:

When are the last 6 rounds announced ? I thought the NRL was releasing them yesterday :huh:

I'm very pleased that the NRL hierarchy read this Forum and take so much notice of our opinions. Saturday afternoon football is a good start.

Saturday arvo games are too user friendly. Families can attend and may even consider membership if it happened enough. Not only that, when they attend one game they are home too late to see the other games on fox. Its counter productive for the TV to have fans at games and out enjoying themselves,

If the networks could ban fans from attending and have seat filler options with dubbed crowds, they would jump at the chance. A player could shoot for goal and they cue to the crowd scene to watch man u fans going wild. AHHHH TV bliss

The sooner the fans realise they are not part of the bigger picture the better really

Nothing in it for us. Although we do finish off
the season proper with a Sunday arvo game
at Brookie against the Panthers.

Still, good to see @COMMANDER
has the ear of NRL hierarchy.:p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4