Sandwiches wrapped in foil and Ross Windshuttle Part 2.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Wook

It's been awhile since I posted last (apologies in advance for my random thoughts)!

Anyway.............

I've read so many media articles, speculations, rumours etc but, I still support the mighty Eagles!!

Before I begin, massive thanks to the moderators of this site and all of you whom post (most of the time).

Last time I posted I recalled some wonderful memories, wonderful experiences, (even some wonderful memories of warm tuna sandwiches)!

Anyway, on to part 2..........

Phil Blake, Kerry Boustead, Mark Broadhurst, Phil Carey, Mal Cochrane, Stuart Davis, John Dorahy, John Gibbs, Mike Eden, Steve Martin, Tony Melrose, John Ribot (if I dare but I can still hear the chant), Ian Schubert (I know, I know), Alan Thompsom, Ian Thompson and Phil Sigsworth)......No Need for me to get out of the 70's/ 80's (that would be a spoiler for part 3).

As a youngster despite how the team started the year, negotiations (have to be honest as a youngster just supported whomever ran out in the maroon and white), and win/ lose result I always waved my flag.

My point...........

If we think of those munchkins whom have been part of the recent past, they have been able to watch so many more games of their team than most other supporters of other clubs! Absolutely they wanted to see them win on all occassions but, at least this mighty team gave them the opportunity to wave their flags, scream at the TV, listen to the radio.....

When we were all youngsters, we just supported the players above (and others) and after we couldn't grab the corner post at Brookie, even after a loss, we still just looked forward to the next time we could wave our flags!!

As we all look forward to the next win, the next, "superstar", let's remember we have the advantage of being part of the Eagle's great past.

However let's never forget what this great team have given to our younger supporters whom just want to wear the Maroon and White, wave a flag, have a hotdog and hear us waffle about great Eagles games of the past!!

As before, with all that's going on, let's remember what we can control..The kids who still love Manly (as do we)!

HooRoo

Peanuts in the shell, peanuts 20 cents.Peanuts in the shell, peanuts 20 cents.

Matas how come u have such hatred here but on your personal website portray yourself as such a gentleman. Just askin

Cambo. Hatred? It's just one of the amusing site myths and gets perpetuated. No one really begrudges a plate of sangas for a Directors meeting do they? Really?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6