Sandow signs with Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just on this. I think Souffs showed what poor sports and how sour the club is on not resigning him. They had their CEO, owner and the club twitter about it in very unflattering terms before the Eels made it official.

It has always been an unwritten rule that the signing club gets the right to announce it, Souffs just spoiled an oppurtunity for eels just to be snide and I think. I think it is a growing thing within the club taht they are self important and poor sportsman.

Captain of the Gate said:
Just on this. I think Souffs showed what poor sports and how sour the club is on not resigning him. They had their CEO, owner and the club twitter about it in very unflattering terms before the Eels made it official.

It has always been an unwritten rule that the signing club gets the right to announce it, Souffs just spoiled an oppurtunity for eels just to be snide and I think. I think it is a growing thing within the club taht they are self important and poor sportsman.

A few years ago we had all but signed and sealed Joe Williams from the bunnies. This was after his first 8 or so NRL games where he did show plenty of promise. However, before signing the contract he was given the mother of all guilt trips by Richardson and ended up staying at the bunnies for a slightly increased amount. The result was him being added to the long list of players whose career wasn't anywhere near where it should have been because he stayed there. Some might say he was never any good anyway, but from what I know as a junior and lower grades stuff, he had as much ability, if not more than Soward with more of an attacking game. I don't blame Sandow for getting out, however, going to the Eels? hmmm, not sure if he's seen their track record at helping players develop, but he probably did see their $$$$.

Sandow has signed for four years on $400,000 P/A. There is a potential for a non guaranteed 3rd party deal that may give him another $150,000 P/A. The salary cap figure will be $400,000.

Peter Peters: Pressure on Kearney
05/04/2011 03:31:37 AM
Peter Peters
Sportal

Chris Sandow won't be the only one under pressure when he pulls on that poisoned chalice better known as the Parramatta No.7 jersey.

Sandow's signing is a terrific coup for the Eels and a massive blunder for the basket case that is South Sydney, but it means Stephen Kearney must start to deliver on all the hype and promise.

The affable Kiwi was hailed as some sort of messiah after coming in to replace Daniel Anderson, but is it all a myth?

The Eels are about as potent as porridge and will be struggling to avoid the wooden spoon on the evidence presented thus far.

And I think there has to be a big question mark on the coach.

Did anyone at Parramatta bother to have a really good look at Kearney's CV before pulling the switch and hanging Anderson?

Kearney was pinched from Melbourne where he was 2IC to Craig Bellamy.

While Bellamy is without doubt the main man, I hear Michael Maguire was the real brains among the back-up staff.

Sure, Kearney coached New Zealand to a couple of successes but that was with the master puppeteer Wayne Bennett pulling the strings in the background.

And don't forget Kearney came in after a very fine Kiwi coach in Brian McLennan, who put very good structures in place.

I've also got a big question mark on Kearney's ability to pick players after running my eye over the New Zealand team to meet Australia on Friday night.

If Simon Mannering is a better Test centre than Steve Matai then I'm a skinny Chinaman instead of a fat Greek.

Kearney has brushed the fiery Matai and aren't the Aussie centres loving the fact they won't wake up all black and blue on Saturday morning.

The Parramatta boss comes across as a good bloke and he was a very good player.

But my mail from New Zealand is they are still waiting to see if he's the coach everyone think he is.

The jury is still out in a big way.

But the jury is in at Redfern: they are officially a rabble.

Fancy CEO Shane Richardson coming out and declaring Sandow had 'met his Alan Bond' after signing a lucrative deal with the Eels.

And then Russell Crowe jumps on Twitter to announce Sandow left for $550k a year (which is not the right figure from what I'm hearing).

Funny how there wasn't a word of complaint out of South Sydney when the big money was flying around for Greg Inglis.

Anyway, we don't have to worry about Souths or Parra this week as we sift through an anorexic round of football.

How the NRL allowed the Broncos-Melbourne blockbuster to be played 24 hours after the Test match is beyond me.

Anyway, I think the Broncos will win and so will Gold Coast, the Dragons and Manly.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-opinion-display/peter-peters-pressure-on-kearney-121115

DSM5 said:
Good post Zorba.

I disagree. If I were Kearney or Lang I would be reading that article out loud to the team just before kick off. It is an article that should not have been written by a Manly employee, even if every word of it is true.

Ralphie said:
DSM5 said:
Good post Zorba.

I disagree. If I were Kearney or Lang I would be reading that article out loud to the team just before kick off. It is an article that should not have been written by a Manly employee, even if every word of it is true.

I tend to agree. Peters should not be writing articles about our opposition. But then again other teams coaches have columns in papers.

Don't know really , but it doesn't sound right coming from a media manager?

Good on the kid. He has a lot of potential. Hayne and Sandow could be a good combo. Still the eels will always suck.

But how nice is it for Crowe to miss one.....What a sook he ended up.

Good on sandow.

Frogz said:
But how nice is it for Crowe to miss one.....What a sook he ended up.

Good on sandow.

Yes, that would have to be the best part of it.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Whatever happened to Justin Poore?

Forgive me for not remembering the exact injury but he had knee surgery in the off season and it didn't help and had to go back for a 2nd season which ruled him out for the year. Word was a while ago he was unhappy at Eels anyway and was going to look for a get out to go to a new club in 2012 after taking the injury pay from Eels this year.

Makes Sandow the most over priced player in the NRL. If he's ordinary behind the Souths pack it will be gruesome with the Eels.

Can't stand him. He's the poster boy for everything thats wrong with south sydney - over inflated ego, look at me attitude and celebrates mediocrity.
He can play, but only when everything is going his way in a game. Goes missing far too much to be worth that kind of money. The money getting thrown at him shows the lack of talented no. 7's going around.

what I find funnier is Orford is off contract this year with Canberra...Possible move to Souths? lol

I actually think this is a good signing for Parra maybe too much money but i think Sandow will be better for getting out of souths.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8