Sandow sent to play in NSW Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Parramatta halfback Chris Sandow will play NSW Cup this weekend instead of enjoying the bye as a result of his poor start to the season.

A marquee acquisition for the Eels, earning an estimated $550,000, a season Sandow has performed below expectations to date in 2012, as have Parramatta themselves in winning only one match.

Eels coach Stephen Kearney has made little secret of his disappointment at Sandow's form and has taken action, allowing him to be named for feeder club Wentworthville for their NSW Cup match against Canterbury at Belmore Sports Ground on Sunday.

Last weekend, Kearney dragged Sandow from the field before full-time of the Eels’ 24-18 defeat to Cronulla at Toyota Stadium and has admitted his star playmaker could contribute more.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sandow-sent-to-play-in-nsw-cup-20120417-1x55r.html#ixzz1sIXJeAiP

Sandow - I want to go home

OUT-of-form Eels halfback Chris Sandow will seek permission to return home to Cherbourg this weekend to help him forget about his horror start at Parramatta.

Sandow yesterday revealed his confidence was down, and some time out with family and friends in Queensland could spark his energy levels.

Parramatta are at the bottom of the ladder and fed-up fans are still waiting on new recruit Sandow to deliver on his $550,000 price tag.

A subdued Sandow told The Daily Telegraph he would ask Eels officials if he can head home when the players get four days off later this week.

More: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-halfback-chris-sandow-wants-to-visit-home-town-to-forget-horror-start-to-season/story-e6frexnr-1226328187839

I would send him home first. If that does not do anything then to reggies. But really you cannot lay the blame squarely on him, the forwards are not doing their jobs. Makes his job pretty tough. Besides, I don't think a stint in reggies is going to lose the 5 + kgs he needs to drop. Put him on a diet and tie him to a treadmill for a couple of weeks.

Taking the pay of a saviour means taking the pressure of a saviour.
Maybe it's not worth it. This stint at Parra could destroy him, just as he was starting to gain some respect at Souths.

That the risk he took joining them for that money.

Parra's management is to blame anyway. Buying a datsun for the price of a ferrari doesn't make it a ferrari.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Geez be kick in the guts to Parra if Hoppa doesnt perform either....Ha Ha!

I would call that justice Earnie, but in saying that I would love to see young Hoppa back in our colours.

As much as I'd love to put the boot in, sending him to play with Wentworthville for a week will send him backwards confidence wise. Let him go to Cherbourg. When he comes back put Gary Colemans clone into some serious boot camp drills.

I wouldn't send him home, Courbourg is hardly the place to send him for a relaxing weekend. I mean no offense but it would probably result in a massive weekend for him

Only Parra could have thought they'd improve consistency with one of the league's most insistent players.

Imagine trying to get Sandow, Hayne and Roberts all to play well on the same day. You'd be more of a chance of winning Powerball than of that happening.

If Wenty is good enough for luke burt it is good enough for fatty sandow. What is funny is how parra were banging on about having hoppa on a fitness routine whilst he was on sabbatical. Geez they cannot even keep their halfback who is playing in the team fit, little hope of keeping someone in qld fit. parra are a dead set basket case.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Name me a decent player in that team besides Hayne? No wonder Sandow is struggling.

I'm not sure you need to say "besides Hayne" there.

I would say Hoppa Jr is their best player so far in 2012.

I watched the Parra v Flake game and Sandow laid on the two Hayne tries. He's not the worst performer. And playing reggies is not the answer to confidence building. Kearney needs to go to Wenty and learn some coaching skills.

Yeah maybe but at $550,000 a year, as the marquee signing he's always going to be the scapegoat.

they keep going on about the money he is paid .. it not his fault if they pay him that much. He is same weight as last year when he had his best games. Someone I know was involved in the Parra off season boot camp. He said Sandow went just ok but has since put a big effort in the gym.

He does not seem the sort of player that can drag a team up but performs good when those around him are doing their job.

The problem is when u pay someone too much you end up with not only a bad investment but you then have underpaid 3 to 5 guys in the team. Not good for team harmony!!

The Parra officials appear to be more at fault then the players ..in my opinion

Sandow doesnt want to get tackled, i saw in the game on Sunday he ran backwards and threw a pass to Tim Mannah who was behind the line receving attention just so he wouldnt get tackled. He's over weight and scared.

Daniel said:
I wouldn't send him home, Courbourg is hardly the place to send him for a relaxing weekend. I mean no offense but it would probably result in a massive weekend for him

Read 'Is that you Ruthie' by Ruth Hegarty and you will understand why he wants to go back. This is a bad move by the Eels. But we should expect that of them.

He hasn't been dropped. Parramatta, like every NRL team, do not have a game this weekend and the coach saw it as an opportunity to keep him playing to try and regain his form. If he has a blinder playing NSW cup for Wentworthville, it may give him his confidence back.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6