Sandow dropped

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Just for a laugh at Parra. $550k playing for Wenty.

In a bizarre week even by the beleaguered Eels' standards, Sandow was on Tuesday officially listed by Parramatta as halfback for Sunday's clash against Wests Tigers at Parramatta Stadium. But in a strange twist, The Daily Telegraph understands an Eels team meeting on the same day had already been told that interchange veteran Casey McGuire would take Sandow's place as halfback.

Sandow's horror start with his new club is understood to have been capped when he was told that day that he would be playing park football for the Magpies in the NSW Cup. The Magpies will be playing the Auckland Vulcans at 3pm at Ringrose Park tomorrow afternoon.

Just last week, Sandow expressed his desire to return to his Queensland home town of Cherbourg during the representative week off.

Coach Stephen Kearney instead ordered him to play with Wentworthville last weekend. Sandow then failed a fitness test with a shoulder injury.

Despite his naming in the Eels squad on Tuesday, rumours have continued to circulate on fan forums this week about whether he would be dropped because of his poor form this year.

Parramatta greats Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny have questioned Sandow's conditioning. A fortnight ago, Sterling said: "I think Chris Sandow is overweight.

"I think he's playing four or five kilos above what he should be and it affects your sharpness."

Kenny said the Eels should rip up Sandow's contract if he continues to underperform.

"He is not performing and there can only be two reasons for that," he said. "Either he doesn't want to be there or he doesn't have the ability."

Kenny has suggested to "give him another two weeks and if he doesn't start looking interested, I'd cut my losses and get rid of him and put in a young bloke who will have a go".

In an interview on the Eels' official site posted yesterday, the club's assistant coach Brad Arthur said one of the issues with Sandow in recent weeks had been his tackling.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4