Salary cap solution

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was thinking about the Storm fiasco with players signing 2 contracts etc and was wondering if this could be averted in the future.

Could it not be solved by the NRL simply sending out a stat dec to a player when his contract is registed with them asking the player to sign that he is getting such and such an amount for each year of his contract.

So if Smith had thought nothing of signing both a 400k & a 200k contract he might have had a few concerns when he was asked to confirm that he was only getting 400k per season. 

Not a bad idea and simple to implement...but you know what...I bet NONE of them agree to it.

Just imagine what the Brisbane players would be on outside of their contracts...fair dinkum they are in every advertisment known to man up here.

I bet anything they are way above the cap as well, just far far better organised in the way they do it!!

Brisbane players get stuff outside the cap from the thouroughbreds who are not club sponsors as i am aware.

The thoroughbreds do however informaly get benefits from this that is not available to the average fan i would think, the same way our eagles angles do (but they dont pay players)

Yes Fluffy, they probably don't pay the players but I bet there's some 'stuff' that gets to them somehow.

Fluffy link said:
Brisbane players get stuff outside the cap from the thouroughbreds who are not club sponsors as i am aware.

The thoroughbreds do however informaly get benefits from this that is not available to the average fan i would think, the same way our eagles angles do (but they dont pay players)

I'm a thoroughbred...just ask Jas.....and before anyone suggests so, I'm NOT a Shetland Pony !

Utility Player link said:
I was thinking about the Storm fiasco with players signing 2 contracts etc and was wondering if this could be averted in the future.

Could it not be solved by the NRL simply sending out a stat dec to a player when his contract is registed with them asking the player to sign that he is getting such and such an amount for each year of his contract.

So if Smith had thought nothing of signing both a 400k & a 200k contract he might have had a few concerns when he was asked to confirm that he was only getting 400k per season. 

This is what has beeing proposed by the NRL. Easy for the up front playing fee, however a lot of contracs have incentive clauses, indexing etc Most players woudn't know what their exact entitlements were.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=184209.msg277221#msg277221 date=1279756507]

This is what has beeing proposed by the NRL. Easy for the up front playing fee, however a lot of contracs have incentive clauses, indexing etc Most players woudn't know what their exact entitlements were.
[/quote]
Most players have a manager who does. Those who don't should have an accountant. Can't be many of them who do their tax online!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4