Salary cap problems \ Graham Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EagleAngel1986 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185811.msg303365#msg303365 date=1287610354]
Has Foran signed his contract yet?

Or Matai put pen to paper?!
[/quote]

Has Orford from 2006?

Pretty spot on Jabba, and I agree I also hope DCE works out, but like many it'sa bit like "a wing and a prayer"

Shoe1 link said:
Get a grip folks. The quote from the article is that due to cap restraints the club can't offer Bailey a deal beyond his current deal which runs out next year. This is a nicer way of saying that after 2011 manly would not be offering Bailey a deal equivalent to the harlequins offer. The cap is an excuse in this case.

That's exactly what I think Shoe1, well said.

ALinda link said:
[quote author=Shoe1 link=topic=185811.msg303363#msg303363 date=1287609931]
Get a grip folks. The quote from the article is that due to cap restraints the club can't offer Bailey a deal beyond his current deal which runs out next year. This is a nicer way of saying that after 2011 manly would not be offering Bailey a deal equivalent to the harlequins offer. The cap is an excuse in this case.

[/quote]

Yeah, yeah. Why would the club continue to pay for one of its greatest underachievers? I repect him for having played for the club but he was imo (and many others) a complete dud.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=ALinda link=topic=185811.msg303531#msg303531 date=1287661706]
[quote author=Shoe1 link=topic=185811.msg303363#msg303363 date=1287609931]

[/quote]

Yeah, yeah. Why would the club continue to pay for one of its greatest underachievers? I repect him for having played for the club but he was imo (and many others) a complete dud.
[/quote]

I cant disagree,best for both parties really,he gets to play against people more his own level and manly gets to use more money on players we need/want to keep

i beleive we are paying over for certain players

Wolfman and Robinson - 200-250k each. When we have player like hopoate and oldfield who can stay on the field and have atleast 10yrs in them and would not cost you more than 150-200 put together.thats a saving of around 300k. We could of kept tasi or hargraves if we were smart.

slickster71 link said:

Wolfman and Robinson - 200-250k each. When we have player like hopoate and oldfield who can stay on the field and have atleast 10yrs in them and would not cost you more than 150-200 put together.thats a saving of around 300k. We could of kept tasi or hargraves if we were smart.

Tasi was behind Hargraves and i dont think Hargraves is much chop himself,always missing tackles going to the big hits

Tasi was behind Hargraves and i dont think Hargraves is much chop himself,always missing tackles going to the big hits
Another off-season with Smiddy for hargraves to iron out the kinks in his game and i think he'll be massive for the roosters, not just on the ground, but from a marketing point-of-view. They'll increase their junior membership on the back of him if they market him right. He'll be one that comes back to haunt us I think.

wombatgc link said:
Another off-season with Smiddy for hargraves to iron out the kinks in his game and i think he'll be massive for the roosters, not just on the ground, but from a marketing point-of-view. They'll increase their junior membership on the back of him if they market him right. He'll be one that comes back to haunt us I think.

We have no forwards that make that type of impact. Ok, we have a centre that does, but we need a forward or two. We need to make a play at Kennedy, and steal him from them...like I said in another thread.

Shane link said:
[quote author=slickster71 link=topic=185811.msg303609#msg303609 date=1287712441]

[/quote] Yeah right that reminds me of someone else um who could that be?

Just for you shane Cheers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4