Salacious ad is far too sexy for Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Salacious ad is far too sexy for Sharks
Bruce McDougall
The Daily Telegraph
May 30, 2012 12:00AM

Too raunchy for the Sharks ... the Shark Energy Drink poster.

THE Cronulla Sharks football club has distanced itself from a steamy advertisement produced by new sponsor Shark energy drink that depicts two young people having raunchy locker room sex.

The Sharks said the ad - urging customers to "Bring Out The Beast" - would not be used to market the club, even though it was part of promotional campaigns by its major jersey sponsor in other parts of the world.

Before signing up with the global energy drink distributor, the Sharks knocked back a multi-million dollar deal with an American company because it considered the promotional material "too risque".

Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said the club was prepared to sacrifice its financial needs for the good of league.

So sensitive is the issue of linking league with sexualised advertising, clubs are combing through the promotional material of new and potential sponsors to ensure they do not convey the wrong messages.

NSW Rape Crisis Centre executive officer Karen Willis, who has conducted workshops for players, yesterday red-flagged the ad saying it was "not what they need".

Shark energy drinks company spokeswoman Fiona Kay said yesterday there was "no way we would run an ad like that in Australia".

"It is not what we want to portray in our sponsorship with the Cronulla Sharks.

bring-out-the-beast-locker.jpg

I reckon Daryl Williams would still have a crack at interviewing old mate whilst he is on the job!!:p

I reckon the ad will be banned, yet SHARK will be hoping for that, so it will gain a lot of exposure through the controversy.

MadMarcus said:
ET will be the face of Shark in Australia, and he will be doing a version of that ad with Paul Mellor's wife.

Hahahah great call :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6