1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saints off Contract

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by webby66, Aug 22, 2006.

1. webby66

webby66 Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    According to the SMH Aaron Gorrell and Matt Bickerstaff are unsigned for next year.....Any opinions on these two? Bickerstaff would add depth and I rate Gorrell. He is good utility value(could back-up Monas/Burns/Orford) could play lock and is a great goalkicker to boot.

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Both of them seem to be good players. But Gorrel would be my pick.

3. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Bickerstaff could be useful for depth

as for Gorrell, as good a player as he is, he is not needed here, we have Mona's and Dunley, and i'm much rather re-sign the promising Ballin rather than sign a guy who is playing at his peak (as a fringe first grader)

4. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Bickerstaff is nothing special.....
    Gorrell goes alright but isn't really needed... perhaps if we didn't have a goal kicker he'd be useful but next year we'll have burns, orford and lyon to kick goals

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    We have Tutt - why would we want Bickerstaff? He has bounced around Cronulla and St George up and down between 1sts and PL at both clubs, just like his mate Isemonger.

Take both of those in isolation and they are both ****. They are being propped up by the likes of Bailey, Young and company ATM.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Both are definitely off contract and won't be signed by Saints due to salary cap pressure.

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    I like Bickerstaff as a player....but like a lot of other posters, think he would fit well into a 13 jersey.